Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What to do When i reach back home!

N.O.R.F   

Your already thinking of travelling? At least stay there for a year.

ps your first two will be like :confused: then you will start to feel :cool:

Ibtisam   

northerner, i don't want to get too old to travel! lool. Pluz i want to look around, and see what i have missed while living in this little rat hole. Pluz i need to get away everytime they drive me mad! :D

N.O.R.F   

Your never too old to travel. You can be too Somali to travel but never too old.

Forget about Africa and go to Cairo (yes i know it in Africa), Jordan, Syria etc. Why do want to see baboons and Giraffs when you can see history?

Ibtisam   

I'm might be passing by Syria with my brother to go to school to learn classic Arabic (only 3months), i was hoping i can sneek off to go to Palestine while i'm there but my brother said he'll kill himself if i do :(

Som@li   

^I thought Dubai was in your list. smile.gif

The truth Somalia is a BIG dissappointment, It is at the bottom in the world,in terms of development. Only those few who enjoy the life, are the business people and mainly the corrupt officials!

BUT we have to face it and do something abt it!!

Ibtisam   

^^IT is too hot and expensive there, was looking at the prices yesterday. I can't make up my mind if i should get a years return ticket or just get one way. I'll only come to to Dubai is i do that business, china, somalia thing :D . You guys are too lazy and slow! gosh :rolleyes: laid back is not even the word :D

Personally, We used to live in Hargeysa during summer vacations; I still have vivid memories of my first summer there in 86 as a 2 and half years baby when the Somali army fanfare paraded weekly ("baamboy") and how we enjoyed putting little "tusbaale" on a "qodax" spit, playing with the cousins, the family spirit (all united under the same house) ect.

Likewise the other summers, apart from some chilling stories; in fact, the vast spaces, greeneries, the abundance of unexplosed ammunitions and weapons, the MIGs/technicals at the airport were all the more exciting.

I still have most idyllic images in mind and preferred the place to extremely hot, desertic Djibouti but we had to leave for school, work ect.

Economically, you can have a top lifestyle for a few hundreds dollars there, so I don't understand why anyone would prefer spend his money in any other African State just to get that, especially when it's so badly needed at home.

At any rate, there are plenty investments opportunities over there and land prices are soaring although this bubble is economically counterproductive and speculation is not only destructive but also un-islamic; the construction sector is also booming though there are more ethical/productive investments ect.

The only limiting factors are, in fact, imputable to corruption/mismanagement as politicians feel free to squander the meagre resources provided they maintain our "sovereignity within the British colonial borders", though Sool & Sanaag are partly under Puntland administration despite the fact that the army absorb 3/4 of the budget(the notoriously mismanaged Berbera port income has not even contributed to its upgrading, let alone to national Education & Health efforts).

Really sad Indeed, when Somaliland have largely the capacity to be self-sufficient and even to export (for instance food products consumed in Djibouti are imported from Ethiopia rather than "Somaliland", the Arab states boycotted livestock export due to the unconditional secessionism ect)...

Ibtisam   

WHo is this Jaylani everyone has been telling me about, i even got a PM about this person? what is so good about them and how come i've never seen them?

Jacy not you, :rolleyes: I was talking to Djib-Somali

I'm telling you ,, once u go back to Hargeisa then you'll be a full housewife and spend all your time cooking, washing, cleaning and preparing the Khat chewing place :D:D

N.O.R.F   

Jay is one of the nomads who recently went home for a while. He traveled quite abit but is refusing to post his pics (stubborn Hargaisawi). Think he has plans for moving back aswell.

Another nomad Geedid was also there for a while. Not sure where he is now.

Ibtisam   

^^make sense now, people were telling me ask Jayaalin about this and that. :D

I wonder how he got on, i should bug him really! :D i guess Geedid went AWOL. hmmmm.

JAc go to hell will ya, if i wanted to be a house wife i'll stay in London :rolleyes:

Not that you have the choice ,,,,,, someone will go to your family without you even know him and ask them for your hand ,,, saying "U know what, your doughter is really so nice person and i don't want to end up with some remote and qaraabo qansax men, i want to keep her in da family, i'm nice and wise and ,,,,, "

Then next morning you'll have this call from Grandmama saying "you've just came from Debedda and finished your education ,, u have to marry this guy, he is so nice and he is the inaabti of your inaadeero, very decent and caring guy",,,,, you'll hit da roof a lil bit before the Adeero comes in and say DUCO IYO HABAAR MID DOORO ,,,, and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ,,,,,,,, It is da engagement ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D:D:D