Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What to do When i reach back home!

Good luck with that!

I will give you two weeks tops. Perhaps a month or two if you are strong enough. You aint gonna see me moving there anytime soon yaa ibtisam.

That place is not meant for a young person. You would have to be a septuagenarian and above to make anything out of that continent. The whole environment is not friendly for any young person. Simply put, It’s a hell hole on earth. Unless you are ready to lead a simple life, Africa is not the place for any young person.

After your first week, You will want to mass move every soul that lives there.

Having said that, See you in Hargeysa this summer inshallah. I don’t plan to live in that city,but I sure plan to visit it. More than anything, I really need to practice and learn(really) that heavy Northern Accent.

Fabiana, I need some tutorial yaah?[Will pay well] ;)

RedSea   

^Waryaa stop demotivating the girl.

Hargeysa Masha Allah is great, well, you don't believe, then watch this...don't speak...just watch baby boy.

Anyways, let us know when you show up there mr.Brown,I want to roll the red carpet for you Insha Allah.

Here is story of families who went back to Hargeysa, would also like to note that this was few years back, so you should expect Hargeysa to be even better today.

here are their stories.

and

Dude, that’s a while back. A 1000+ days ago yeah? Did you feel like you were in a strange land? LOL. I did.

You come off the plane and you wonder where in the world you are at. But seriously, I was amazed at the beauty of the continent. I almost forgot I was an African. I was oohing & aahing at the lush hills, the trees, the animals and the beautiful beaches. I was even amazed one time at seeing an ant hill. An ant hill dude, I wowed @ a flipping &&&ing ant hill. How pathetic is that?

Then I saw kids playing barefoot on the tarmac. How can someone play barefooted on a tarmac? I thought to myself. Then i remembered i was one them some years back,Waan is ilaaway yaah durbadii LOL. Subconciously i considered myself a tourist rather than a native. Yaab yaabkiis. I guess that is expected after years in Qurbaha?

Then the Reality sets in. You wake up in the morning and see all that is wrong with Africa.

Dude, behind all that beauty there is a horrible ugly hind that Mama Africa hides. That continent sucks, it really sucks big-time. Unless, major vices are eradicated from the culture of African leaders, there will be no real development.

Adiga waxaad ka hadleysaa Somaliland, which is actually not even a full fledged country. The statistics coming out of the larger & richer countries is almost as horrible as anywhere else in Africa. Unemployment is probably into the higher 30th percentile. Half the population is below the poverty line. Aids & controllable diseases kill millions. Corruption, mismanagement & incompetence are a daily occurrence. But this is Africa they say. And it will be Africa.

Adeer, I don’t mean to dampen your spirits, but you will get disappointed with the motherland.

RedSea   

^Brown, waxay doonto ha ahaato, waa dhulkaygii, it's where I belong, maybe you are forgetting this bit.

In doesnt' matter where you are in this world as of now, that 'ugly' and 'horrible' place is where you always will belong.

As for Ibtisam, she and her family are moving back, not just for themselves but to better the lives of others, isn't that a noble thing?

What do skycrapers (which you dont' own), star bucks coffee on the street corner or watching big plasma TV will do for you, when you could be assisting YOUR people who are facing challenges in this world. We are looking at the big and positive picture here.

In addition, your generazation of the whole continent is way off sxb, our home land is not the same as many other western African countries, where poverty and Aids recked the whole society. The Somalis have very unique life style, on top of that they are Muslims, making them appriciate the smallest things, and they do so.

The last time I went there, most people seemed happy with they had Masha Allah. So naga daa calool xumada yaa akhi. smile.gif

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Brown:

^Perhaps, but nonetheless the truth.

Not really, if u got da money then u can live very well in Africa .... u had bad experience ninyahow cause u broke nooh.....my family in Tanzania have big houses, workers they live da good life........my moms always talks about Tanzania n how it is much better den "stressful" US i hope to inshallah to buy my hooyo macaan a big house in Tanzania after taking her to haaj inshallah....Jannah is at her feet.

smiley what happened to doing your masters?unless u have the resources and income, property back home then its not good idea for u now cause ull start from scratch, will take many years from ur life..... establish yourself first ina abti....your degree is not much no offense your not a doctor or engineer.....ur ambition can only take u so far...money talks in this world...and unless u got that I doubt ppl will want a fast talking little girl running things...what is most likely to happen on your trip is u will return to london with a big belly and some qaldan dude whose dream was going to europe :D

RedSea   

^looooooooooooooool. You little rascal baan ku dhahaaa.

Are you jelous of Ibtisam, she and her family had the guts to go back, do you?

Did you know that I might merry Ibtisam. There goes the dude who wanted to come to Europe. Waa cirka utuurn.

ibtisam, don't listen to these chips ku naax ciyaal baraf, go on with your trip, and remember we will all be there.

Ibtisam   

:rolleyes: I like how some of you have changed the question to "shall I go or stay"

:rolleyes: I got an idea, how about y'll bet on how long i will last and give the money to charity?? Khalaf, brown? smile.gif

Khalaf i expected better from you....but then again clearly I was wrong it is true my degree is worth nothing in reality, but in my field experience is gold, even if i do my masters (which I am not, I refuse to waste so much money in just one year :rolleyes: ) I still need experience to even get my foot through the door.

As for your last comment, I’m sure even he is better than you, little boy

smile.gif:D

why did u open this thread horta in da first place ???

just go to da place and make yourself comfort ,,,,,,, don't do any business for da first year and enjoy the climate ,,,, then you'll have a lot of ideas in da second year ,,,,,, :D

Ibtisam   

Because I wanted to know what people know about Somali, so i can find out all the bad things (like hodman has told me avoide the market places) :D

Also an idea of what i could possible do, lets just say it will easy the shock when i get their, since everyone here is so negative. I wanted some ideas.

I have never not done anything for 2weeks let alone a whole year... are you kidding me, i might become cuuryaan :D , unless i go traveling in Africa smile.gif now that sounds like a good plan! Lool

you can travel all da east african countries ,, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, etc just to see da possibility of larger business in da horn ,,,,

just spare sometime for observation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,