Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

DraGon   

Quote Lander

"Whether it's just or unjust is irrelevant to that reality."

Very Well put Saxib...couldn't agree more and the sad part is that some Muslims here are buying the idea that Muslims are behind it. Yes the ppl doing this are Muslims and they are NOT doing this because of Islam but because of POLITICAL REASONS. Why cant ppl see this???

Another hint; this war is against ARABS, Islam is used to justify it....you know the argument: we are fighting an Idealogy as suppose to a Race. Its much easier to sell a war based on idealogy than we just hate or we want to control them.

You remember not long ago it was COMMUNIST bad not the Russians.

Rahma....You rock!!!!!!

Rahima   

^I suppose better than the Herald Sun and perhaps arguably the best newspaper in OZ, but it's far from great.

Waleed who used to be the former president of our Islamic society at uni is a great brother, very eloquent and never apologetic- which is what I admire about both him and his wife. Very strong resolve and a model young Muslim couple.

Nephissa   

Good to know the London nomads are safe.

Wonder how the attack will affect the Muslim community, seeing as they will probably get all the flak/blame.

Becarefull, and may ALLAH be with you.

Originally posted by Rahima:

^I suppose better than the Herald Sun and perhaps arguably the best newspaper in OZ, but it's far from great.

I have read many papers in Aus..and some are just shocking. You just wonder how some papers could be regarded as a serious source of news and information..eg The West Australian aka The Worst Australian. Believe me you would call it great If you saw the alternatives.

Reason and coherence are products of distinction and discernment rather than crude generalisation. But terrorism is about the most sinister of generalisations, where a whole nation, a people, a planet is essentialised and deemed indiscriminately unfit for human existence. There are no people any more. There are only causes.

Zu,

Thanks for the link. The author effectively articulated what I have been feeling.

From the article posted by Legend of Xu

Lost in a sea of words, one Koranic passage emerges to hit me between the eyes: "Do not let the injustice of others lead you into injustice," it thunders.

many aught to bear this in mind, since regardless of what side is doing what, the result is the loss of innocent lives.

Intel   

Originally posted by Nomadic_Princess:

The West Australian aka The Worst Australian.

hard to imagine a worse paper than Herald Sun.

pure rubbish

Castro   

hard to imagine a worse paper than Herald Sun. pure rubbish

No doubt. It is owned by none other than Rupert Murdoch and News Corp. The greatest threat to humanity.

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by Dragon :

Another hint; this war is against ARABS, Islam is used to justify it....you know the argument: we are fighting an Idealogy as suppose to a Race. Its much easier to sell a war based on idealogy than we just hate or we want to control them.

You just sum it up! Exactly and I was wondering why Somalis are so upset!!!I was happy cause why I would mind some people deffending ARABS ...lol

Seriouslly.Do you guys know our newspapers here just upset cause America illuminated Iran's tradition enemies: Taliban and Sadam?!!! We need some one to stop Iran too and we wouldn't mind if America starts war against Iran to break their power specially majority in Iraq are ...You know!! redface.gif

So things not as poor street muslims think Kufar vs Muslims simply cause Some of us care our own race nor the religion.... Sad but it's the truth!! It's politics and control than principles and religion what worries some of us in middleast.

Salam

Originally posted by rokko:

hard to imagine a worse paper than Herald Sun.

pure rubbish

That is what I thought till I came across The West Australian which shockingly enough is only slightly better then The Sunday Times!!! . Just imagine having a paper worse then the Herald Sun as your only news source. The people in Perth really do suffer. *shakes head in sympathy

Today I have browsed and read most of what’s written here. NGONGE, I must report, is a soul of our kin who lay, as it were, gasping on the agonies of death. His shallow writings are in dire need for some realistic gloss. The London incident, or so it seems, has waken him from his snoring sleep and stirred his emotions. And I must wonder if he lost the majority of his captive audiences in this land of SOL!

With all the things he wrote this I could not swallow as a thought of his:

At this moment in time, sadly, Bush and Blair comfortably hold the moral high ground. Yes they invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. There were civilian casualties during the invasion (surprisingly kept to a minimum though). They used the most sophisticated of weapons in their “shock and awe†attacks. But, they fought a standing army and they won that fight.

Sadly, in NGONGE's post, signifies reality!

How a man who seems intelligent and bright could miss the basic cause and effect of things?Or because the fact that Britain has bigger guns that could spare them from the dirty method of resorting to blow trains gives them the higher moral ground he speaks of? Does he understand war? Aggression? Injustice? Is this method unique?

Are the Muslims expected to issue apologies and condemnation any time bomb goes off?

I personally did not rejoice the death of innocent people. But it did not surprise me a bit! Indeed the leaders whom NGONGE seems to embrace and justify their war warned and expected such retribution from their adversaries.

Simply put, IT IS A WAR and the old man needs to get used to it. Stop arguing about it.

I found this interesting article in the daily mirror that I was reading whilst waiting to get a haircut. It's attacking the bombers but also islam(indirectly). Have a read and let me what you guys think.

Source

Haddad   

Originally posted by OneEightSeven:

Have a read and let me what you guys think.

The author's use of outdated rhetorics and arguments makes it look like he's desperately attempting to convince a skeptical audience.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Today I have browsed and read most of what’s written here. NGONGE, I must report, is a soul of our kin who lay, as it were, gasping on the agonies of death. His shallow writings are in dire need for some realistic gloss. The London incident, or so it seems, has waken him from his snoring sleep and stirred his emotions. And I must wonder if he lost the majority of his captive audiences in this land of SOL!

With all the things he wrote this I could not swallow as a thought of his:

At this moment in time,
sadly, Bush and Blair comfortably hold the moral high ground. Yes they invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. There were civilian casualties during the invasion (surprisingly kept to a minimum though). They used the most sophisticated of weapons in their “shock and awe†attacks. But, they fought a standing army and they won that fight.

Sadly,
in NGONGE's post, signifies reality!

How a man who seems intelligent and bright could miss the basic cause and effect of things?Or because the fact that Britain has bigger guns that could spare them from the dirty method of resorting to blow trains gives them the higher moral ground he speaks of? Does he understand war? Aggression? Injustice? Is this method unique?

Are the Muslims expected to issue apologies and condemnation any time bomb goes off?

I personally did not rejoice the death of innocent people. But it did not surprise me a bit! Indeed the leaders whom NGONGE seems to embrace and justify their war warned and expected such retribution from their adversaries.

Simply put, IT IS A WAR and the old man needs to get used to it. Stop arguing about it.

Looks like the word “shallow†has stuck with me now. How could I shake it off, I wonder!

Still, Xiin, I had more faith in you, saaxib. I hoped you would deal with the points I’ve raised (shallow or not) instead of waffling on about my character and motives!

When I first joined this discussion, I had a feeling (as I always do in here) that I’ll have to repeat myself countless times! Well, I believe I’ve written enough on WAR and how it’s usually conducted. I also believe that I’ve made the connection between conventional war and the events in London very clear. Should any of you feel the need to challenge the totality of the point I’m making, I’ll be more than happy to continue the discussion.

Having said that, and since I’m already here typing this reply, I might as well pose a few questions to brother, Xiin.

Now saaxib, don’t hurry with your reading (or reply). Take your time, stroke your beard and THINK before you respond.

You say “it is WAR†and that I should stop arguing about it. But, my question is who is the other side in this war? We already know about the British government, who is fighting it? Who are these people that are blowing up trains, buildings and civilians?

Are they fellow Muslims? Or, are you too one of those that prefer conspiracy theories and would blame everything that ever goes wrong in the world on the Jews?

I could go on and on but I’d really prefer it if you reread my earlier words instead.

PS

Ofleh: if you were able to respond to points of view with counterarguments of your own, it would be really swell. This Haddad-like habit of wading in with a line here and a line there marks you out as a very dull and tedious simpleton. Now I’m sure that you’re not a dull and tedious simpleton, saaxib, so why are you teasing me so?