Sign in to follow this  
Dhashiike

Boycott McDonalds!

Thierry.   

Ibti your argument is that these companies directly fund the Zionist state of Israel who are oppressing Muslims in Palestine. Now my dear as you know as muslim we have precedent in everything we do, the Jewish Merchants in Arabia funded the cause to put down Islam did that stop the Muslims from purchasing and trading with them of course the Seerah will tell you no.

What has this got to do with products being sold in Israel, you stated that we should stop purchasing all goods and services that fund the Zionist state and I said this might backfire because non believers might will do the same and boycott Muslim produced goods around the world (muslim states and charities are funded by Muslims merchants)and if they get crippled then we have lost our economic muscle. For me that is a compelling argument

am i the only one who still doesnt understand what this thread is about ... why are the golden arches being boycotted what are the cultural wars that are going .... if M took the black side who is the other side ?

^cadaanka are the other side, but gabar ladhaho Ibti wants to squeeze herself in the middle between cadaanka and McDaddy and wants to make this about islam.

Gabadhaan convinced herself iney ayaha muslimad fiican tahay, better than all of us, bravo young lady.

This thread is not about muslims or any religion boycotting mcdonalds, but what doe she do? She makes this about islam then she justifies the actions of her extremist brother's as a fault of ours. Pathetic iska dheh.

My advise to you yariisey is stay on course, follow the good man's advise and stick to one battle, you can't fight them all.

This is much bigger than islaanimo and yariisey can't do it all, as much as she believes she can do it.

PS:ng, all that energy wasted over big mac?

Ms DD   

^^ That memo (of where ibti mentions that she is better muslim than us or her justifying 'the actions' of an extremist) didnt reach me I must admit.

Ibtisam   

Thierry:

NOpe that is not my argument, don’t assume. Let me tell you. My reasons for boycotting M&S is not because it contributes to the economic development of Israel. No, because then I would have to boycott others such as Tesco, Sainsbury yad yad ya and so many more who contribute to the economy by trading with Israeli farmers and companies. In fact it will be impossible to get rid of everything that has passed thorough an Israeli company. Computer chips, software’s the list is endless.

My problem with M& S is because of two reasons;

1) M&S' imports illegally produced goods from occupied Palestine often by the hands of exploited Palestinian labourers. This is illegal according to international law and in violation of EU trade agreements. (this was reported in the Guardian in 2001)

2) In the same year in the annual conference; they started to sponsor (15%) the Israeli defence and security budget.

That is not trade Thierry.

I’m not going to bother about the rest of your argument, because all is says to me is I’m worried for myself and my survival, so I will keep quite while they get abused. Don’t worry our turn will come for endorsing and supporting the oppressions. Then we will wonder why no one is speaking up on our behalf. Looking after number one and making excuses eh.

Lazy I don't expect you to understand the most basic things, this would be expecting too much. I never claimed to be a good Muslim. Beenta iska daa and learn how to read. Most of the boycot camapign are none-Muslims. icon_razz.gif Last thing I need from you is advise. Keep it, you need it. :cool:

I've wasted enough time on this thread. Haa diin maacaanatood McDs ppl.

**Sorry poster for the Hijack. I'm out.

N.O.R.F   

You know what we do on a Thurs lunch time? We go down to the local mall and grab a very unhealthy meal from the top 3 (Mcdonal's, BK and Kismaayo Fried Chicken).

If you want people to stop eating there then you need to focus on the health issues. Not that anyone in this region will hear ya.

I think thats a good idea, try to get some rest yariisey.

DD, you are visually impaired aan umaleynaa, or else you would have read the part aan dhahay wax ayey iska dhaadhicisay, not said. Ibti saying something and ibti convincing herself of something are not one of the same.

PS:Ibti, I think you have much bigger problem than me learning how to read. You need your eyes checked, maybe DD can recommend an optometrist to you or something.

Thierry.   

Ibti now that’s a good reason to avoid M&S I hope you don’t shop at Primark as dispatches proved they exploit their workers to.

Norf I miss the halaal big macs of dubai I might just fly over for one big mac meal for breakfast a whopper meal for lunch and zinger tower meal for dinner

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Thierry:

1) M&S' imports illegally produced goods from occupied Palestine often by the hands of exploited Palestinian labourers. This is illegal according to international law and in violation of EU trade agreements. (this was reported in the Guardian in 2001)

2) In the same year in the annual conference; they started to sponsor (15%) the Israeli defence and security budget.

What is M&S?? just wondering

Baluug   

M$S is Marks and Spencer, a sort of convenience store/ grocery store franchise. I thought it was the strangest thing to see a Marks and Spencer gas station while in UK, I used to think they were a jewelry store!!

Burcaawi, LOL@ Kismaayo fried chicken.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by BORN_BRANIAC:

quote:Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Thierry:

What is M&S?? just wondering
It's where most of UK posters of SOL buy their cardigans..........

p.s.most Mcdonalds are haram food anyway! And I mite start a Mcdonald Francise in Somalia. Selling Geelburger with Kimis :D

NGONGE   

For the avoidance of doubt and just so I am not put in the LG camp (what a nauseatingly vulgar though) I do not question Ibti's motives or sincerity, only her choice of battle. In addition, I have never bought a single MacDonald's meal in the UK. The only time I visit that establishment is when I am in Dubai. However, when it comes to M&S, I am in the Jeremy Paxman camp. Despite his criticism they remain the best things on the market. :D

Jeremy Paxman complains to M&S about lack of support in underpants

Jeremy Paxman has given Marks & Spencer a dressing down over its underwear.

The BBC2 Newsnight star personally contacted store chief Stuart Rose to complain about the ...er... lack of support their underpants provide.

Paxman, feared for his Rottweiler-like interview technique, sent an email to Sir Stuart last week - and has since been invited to lunch to discuss his concerns.

He said: "Like very large numbers of men in this country I have always bought my socks and pants at Marks & Sparks. I've noticed that something very troubling has happened. There's no other way to put this. Their pants no longer have adequate support. When I've discussed this with friends it has revealed widespread gusset anxiety."

Paxo, 57, then went on to criticise M&S socks: "Even among those of us who clip our toenails rigorously they appear to wear out much more quickly on the big toe.

"These are matters of great concern to the men of Britain. I just felt it was time that somebody raised this with the only man who can sort it out, Stuart Rose."

He said his email was meant to be a private matter but had leaked out somehow.

Source

RedSea   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Chicken burger is yummmmyyyyyyyyyy

Don't tell me they make it in H-town?

RedSea   

Ibtisam :D

Wallahi waa rageedii. I concur with your assertions. I very much admire your hardwork and do continue to inform us about these things walal.