Sign in to follow this  
me

This is who you are

NGONGE   

What? A man working hard to make a living? Yes it is who I am. But I happen to have THREE pairs of trousers not two.

STOIC   

If You Think You're Beaten

If you think you're beaten, you are,

If you think you dare not, you don't.

If you'd like to win, but think you can't,

It's almost for sure, you won't.

If you think you're losing, you've lost.

For out in the world we find -

Success begins with a person's will,

It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are,

You've got to think high to rise.

You have to stay with it,

In order to win the prize.

Life's battles don't always go,

To the one with the better plan.

For more often than not, you will win,

If only you think you can.

Kristone

Baashi   

There is nothing sad in that pic. I see a man trying to make ends meet. We are all Xamaali ama xoogsato.

Poster, how are we Ahmed, when some of us are wasting our suppers by dumping it to the trash and he can't have supper most nights?

Me, you have some explaining to do about the title of the thread.

In the past, some of you may have witnessed that type of struggle, but I highly doubt anyone who logs to SOL or the internet is currently living Ahmed's life.

I am not him, because I have never struggled in my life the way he is struggling to make ends meet.(thank god for my parents)

At the same time, I am empathetic to his situation. I am because he seems to know what he wants in life and how to get it, and more power to him. He manages to support his siblings, sends money to his parents and even calls them.

However, his "raped" sister and her tales about ethio feasting on her, that I don't buy.

I think they maybe be some truth to the axmaaro offence, but I don't think they have raped her twice in the same day.

I just dont believe that ethio army weren't able to find another girl to offend in the block that same day. Therefore they had to come for repeat performance?( this sounds like a classic sponsorship story)

I don't know much about the lows people sink to get an application for sponsorship, because mine was handed to me. I was landed immigrant before I even set foot in a canadian soil, thanks to habaryaro.

At the same time, I have heard many stories told to gaalo that are similar to hers. Maybe she realizes just how the wide audience that will tune to her brother's story and this may work to better their living situations and maybe leave Yemen altogether. Either way, she didn't sell me about the rape fest.

PS: Don't take your macawiis and safaleetis out, after all these are "words on a screen, words on a screen" (The great NG)

Malika   

^^You doubt if the Ethiopian solders could be that cruel? They can kill, maim, destroy our country and people but God forbid they rape a Somali girl twice!!

News flash dear, it’s a war zone and that brutality often accompanies, I don’t know why you doubt her story, masha'allah for your life but please dont insult those whom have been through these ordeals. I am sure there are thousands of stories like hers and probably even more brutal.

ps."Just words on the screen,words on a screen" too smile.gif

Fabregas   

I think what MR Me meant to say was:

this is what you(Somalis) have been reduced to;cleaning cars for Arabs.And here are you guys on SOL is faan-faaniya! The shame of it all, Somalinimadi wey dhimatay,therefore, we need to unite.

sax, mr ME?

This whole story is a fabrication. Axmad doesnt even look somali. As for the rape case, it needs to be independently verified. Some people would anything for attention. Well i am not convinced.

NGONGE   

^^ Malika,

I don't think she doubts their cruelty or readiness to rape someone once, twice or until there is no breath left in that corpse. She seems to question the idea that after they raped the girl in the morning, they went around looking for her and managed to find her house so that they can have another go! LG seems to think this is farfetched but LG is spoilt anyway. Did you know she has expensive cheese for dinner every night?

Marx,

You don't look Somali yourself, saaxib. Cover those shades before throwing stones at others. ;)

Professor,

Mr ME is a drama queen, saaxib. I didn't think you too was one of those. War get a grip. If we have to feel sorry for people then I have to tell you about this cousin of mine who works as a bus driver. Sometimes even yehood get on his bus! See how low we've become? yehood get on his bus. :(

Malika   

Marx indeed from the comfort of your cozy council house one can verify rape,through police investigations and doctors,but in warzone how is that supposed to be done?[Think boy!]

Ngonge,that is no excuse,it only requires one to have empathy, not even sympathy dear.

"words on the screen again"..Heh icon_razz.gif:D

-Lily-   

This is sad and there is no denying it. What is sad is not that he works for a living, albeit a job that allows him to eat once a day, but because sometimes he is cheated out of his full pay, just because they can, and sometimes Somalis are the first to be victims of violence in Yemen and sometimes Somali girls are subject to the soul destroying act of rape. But NO, we want to make it light of it and fuss over the small details…Oh, and because he does not look Somali, even if he wasn’t, he does not deserve any empathy! Keep enjoying your three meals a day and ignore this annoying post.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Malika,

Professor,

Mr ME is a drama queen, saaxib. I didn't think you too was one of those. War get a grip. If we have to feel sorry for people then I have to tell you about this cousin of mine who works as a bus driver. Sometimes even yehood get on his bus! See how low we've become? yehood get on his bus.
:(

I was merely speculating what MR ME could have meant with his one liner title! Doesn't mean I agree(and I dont)with that! Maybe HE will explain to us what he meant!