Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

It is the best time for us ,, after the work ,, I'll just have to enjoy the matches then go for whateva i was going for during the evening ,,, :D

Cara, it is tomorrow at 2pm in our time ,, that is probably at 11GMT ....

SeeKer   

How does one maintain a humble tone when writing about your accomplishments :confused:

SeeKer   

lol @ Che. What a rip off!!! Whatever happened to helping each other out?

I wrote essays for people to get into programs but now I am writing my own I am stumped. I need to finish it before tonite :(

chubacka   

hello night trollers...I think this must be one of the fastest weeks i've ever lived.

Cnt believe its fri tom.

SeeKer   

^Sweet! Unfortunately my ethics won't let me do it :( Just advice appropriately and I will apply accordingly.

Ethics...what kind Somali are you icon_razz.gif

Well I have applied many internships and one fellowship over the years.And from my experience, they tend to look for:

Intro background (facts including educational)

Achievements (specific examples)

What you hope to achieve from program(specific goals)

How you will contribute to the organization you are applying or how skills help the program or organization.

Long-term goals (it helps to be specific)

Conclusion (thank for their time and consideration)

BE CONCISE and don't too wordy!

Ask friend or relative to double check your essay for misspelling or other things that might cost you.

SeeKer   

^Please pm that to me cause I don't want to have to comb through this thread to find it smile.gif

lol@ what type of somali. Most people call me an Enigma. They broke the mold when they made me icon_razz.gif

Cara.   

Seeker, to add to Che's suggestions, I find it helps if I state my "achievements" more as opportunities I'm grateful for, it cuts down on the cringing :D

Instead of I got good grades in school! (which they can see for themselves if you had to submit a transcript anyway) I'd rather say I was fortunate to receive a merit-based scholarship from X College, which allowed me to pursue my interests in blah blah ...

Good luck!

LooooooL@I got good grades..people actually say that at that stage?

To add to that, do mention anything that allowed you to add something to the body of knowledge e.g if you were research assistant. Do mention any community work you done.

That said, Cara I did good grades though :D

SeeKer   

Great @ Cara and Che. I will definitely keep those in mind when penning the final draft.

Jumaa Mubarak folks.