Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

N.O.R.F   

No, I mean someone turning from another country and staying! Anyway, I have been a good host (so far).

Ibtisam   

Oh my God :eek: :eek: They better be immediate family haadi kale you should tell them get a hotel. That is just strange! Hahaha. Maybe they spoke to wify rather than you :D

N.O.R.F   

^I don't even know them and my Mrs hardly knows them (they're distant relatives).

My cousin is in town (more like my sister) and she has chosen not to bother us :confused:

That is ala Bari Burco style yaa Norf ,,,,,,, as long as you are the same qabiil, they just come and stay without permission ,,, :D

Ibtisam   

HAHAHA @ on their way to Dubia!! Warya Jb so cunsuri, Reer Burco magaal joog xumaad ma yaaqana.

North that is redface.gif and strange. all the best, hope they are staying for just one night. You lot should open a hotel there and start charging people.

No i'm not cunsuri ,, some of my relatives from there sometimes come without notice and we even hardly know them sometimes ,, then they start ordering special food like ,, "anigu waxaas ma cuno ee kaas ha la ii kariyo" ,,, they dont' even pay a penny u know ,, :D

Ibtisam   

They are your guest, wey ku so holiday taagan, even if they offer to pay you should say "may, may no, wa aniga" even if you have only a penny.

NGONGE   

You're lucky it's a quick visitor, Norf. Wait until the job seekers arrive and expect you to go around arranging visas, work permits and accommodation for them.

This reminds me of the a conversation I had with an old seaman in Liverpool once. He was telling me about the old days in Cadan and how people used to turn up from Somalia and enquire about the whereabouts of any clan members. Eventually, the clan member (who usually lived in a small house himself) would have ten or fifteen people sleeping outside his house every night (with the logic being that the outside of the house is still his property and these are still his guests). Grin and bear it, Norf. It could have been worse, saaxib. :D

N.O.R.F   

I will have to (3 weeks was mentioned) but come on man the World Cup is about to kick off and I want MY living room back before Friday.

The story about Cadan was the same in Jiddah in the boom of the 80s. My old man was very patient indeed.

Ibtisam   

Oh Shidh Faheema, thanks for that, I still got them too! Hahaha *off to make me one!*

Lool Ngonge, I heard that before as well. (first I thought he meant to write Canada and just missed out few letters, then I realised he was being Somali!) :D

They want me to review 17 pages and 37 pages of another document that have been translated. All should be done in 2 hours time ,,,,,, damn

oh dear at uninvited guests. You can become a guest in your own home. LoL @ potential world cup rage from Norf. Comes round every 4 years and they managed to pick this moment!

Yo, folks.

Are men mad or what? Some pervy weirdo- really he had the words written across his face- came up to me yesterday after talking to the waitress about me with lots of pointing and looks my way. I start to busy myself with my bill hoping he won't...but he does come over with the curiosity of a six year old.

weirdo: You don't speak X(his language)?

No

weirdo: Why?

moi: Because I'm an alien

weirdo: An alien?

yes, aniguba waan ka waalnaan kara. Tis the only way.

He walks closer and stares at my face with increased interest(not the response I was hoping for)

weirdo: My English is little and you are alien. How we will talk?

moi: we won't. That's the point.

He leans in further and points at my forehead

weirdo: come see me for that. I am a herbalist.

suddenly he's fluent

moi: what?

weirdo: I'm a beautician.

moi: what? No, I don't see male beauticians.

weirdo: then who you see

helllo.

moi: female beauticians?

weirdo: I won't touch you

hell, no

weirdo: give you powder

moi: I don't trust that stuff

weirdo: I am looking for my girlfriend

moi: she's not here

anaa ka daran :D:D