Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

farahs don't need forcing to walk down my road lol. They juut realise it's a narrow one way street and there's room only for moi and I move at warp speed.

Hello one and all.

Dadku kala ayaan roon

Ama kala aqoon dheer

Ama kala asluub weyn

Haddaan eed la doonayn

Ama deeq Illaahay

Asaraar ka taagnayn

Dadku eexo kaa gelin

Inan yahay la'aantaa

Dumar lama abuureen

Gabadh lama ammaaneen

Jacayl looma ooyeen

:D some neat ode!

Ibtisam   

I have severe headache but can't get out of work today.

I wish it snowed, then it won't be at cold after and we could have a loooooooong weekend; I feel like going away for the weekend.

Kamaavi   

Society's Ills

Once there were two students walking along a river. One of them just so happened to glance over at something floating in the river. It did not take long for him to realize that it was a baby! Without hesitation he jumped into the river to save the infant from drowning. When he jumped in he realized that there were at least ten more in his immediate area, all of them screaming and crying as they bobbed by.

Quite naturally he started screaming to the other student. "Help! C'mon man! Get in here! Look at all of these babies! We gotta help 'em!" The other student, however, kept walking upstream, despite noticing a river full of babies, with more and more floating downstream.

For every one that the first student saved, eight passed him. There were just too many."C'mon man! Don't you have a heart?! I can't grab all of these babies alone!"

The second student replied, "I'm going upstream to find out who's throwing all of these babies in the river."

The point of this short story is to demonstrate the importance of going to the source of the problem to have a greater impact. Many people address each of society's social ailments as separate entities. Thus we find numerous organizations that target a specific poison; The solution to racism, spouse abuse, child abuse, crime, pollution, alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and other social ills is one.

Each problem does not require its own organizations and groups to eliminate it. The solutions for all of these is one. That one, is Islam.

NGONGE   

^^ Great story but could you ignore the crying babies you met whilst worrying about those you have not?

Chimera   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Adaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam Heeelllllllo
smile.gif
Big hug iyo mac. I'm really glad to see you around, I missed you!!

I hate bad news,
:(
where are you going this time, tell me baal.
Hope you got everything sorted and all is well.
smile.gif

A special camp for pregnant men, it is a she, and yes she is one-half yours.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Great story but could you ignore the crying babies you met whilst worrying about those you have not?

Niyhow, if we want to take responsibility it starts from home!

good to see you liked the story

Ibtisam   

Salam Haneefah, How are you sweetie, I aint seen you for ages, was thinking of coming back to facebook to look for you :D How is it all going.

Adam, Haye, when are you due?? Can I name her please- are u sure it is a her? :D

Watching Arsenal Vs Liverpool and trying to get rid of headache.

Haneefah   

Wasalaam, my dear!! The feeling is mutual. I came here just to see your pretty and cheerful face! :D Things are well alhamdulilah -- I was wondering maxaad FB uga luntay these days, that's about the only place I have these days to keep in touch with people. How are you adigu? Hope bash bash iyo barwaaqo in London! ;)

Ibtisam   

^^More like snow iyo frezzing in London, but I guess that is bashq bashq walking alhumdulilah. Facebook and me have issues, I deleted it for Ramadan, and then did not bother, I keep uptodate with your status though :D

School kii ma damasey miis you are avoiding studying hence why you are here :D

Haneefah   

Alhamdulilah, I haven't been wearing a student's hat for quite sometime now -- but then again, can one ever claim that while in academia? I think not. But at least in the official, technical sense, yes, I am done. Oh and I lurk around here sometimes (like today, where I have done NOTHING in the past two hrs at work) for couple of reasons including when it dawns to me that I am incredibly disconnected from the Somali world and its affairs, and when I get sick of data/equations/simulation models and infectious diseases, LoL. At those moments, it sort of helps to be reminded of NG's strange sense of humour, for instance, or A&T's, waxaan ka sheegaba ma aqaan... :D

Snowing in london? A disaster, eeh? LoL. Allah ha idiin fududeeyo, and I say that without any sense of sarcasm! :D

besides the nice weather ,, besides the series of meetings i have today ,, besides the reports i have to finish before the end of the day ,,,, I'm still fed up of receiving emails/msgs wishing me happy ,,, ehem ,,,, :D

Ohh ,, Good morning/afternoon chaps ,,,,,,