Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Where to stay in Dubai

Ok...I know by now you are getting tired of all the topics started because someone wants to know more about Dubai. well..this is one more of those topics! icon_razz.gif

As I was saying...I'm thinking of going to Dubai early next year - those Solers who are in Dubai or have been to Dubai or know one or two things about Dubai, can suggest places to stay? your assistance is much appreciated!

PS: I could have just sent a PM to Norf (I'll still send a PM to him), but i thought about anyone else who is planning to go to Dubai to benefit from this.

Cheers

nuune   

JB, burj arab lee ka maqashey miyaa Dubai :D

There was nice hotel that was opened last week, it costs about 28 thousand dollars a night, the hotel is called Atlantic Hotel, superb, love it.

Abwaan   

it depends on one's budget..but if one can manage a 4 to 5 star hotel I would advice somewhere in Bur Dubai...either the Hayat Regence or the other big hotels in that Area. This area is not far from many places to eat and with some driving distance can enjoy shopping at the big malls.

This area is less crowded. If you are a quick learner and can endure driving by some recless drivers renting a car (preferebly 4x4) would be nice as it will make easier for you to go anywhere u want to at any time.

Desert tours...would be a nice place to go as well as hopping on the double decker sightseeing BUS.

Or wanna stay close to Maryooley and Somalis. I like Hotel Juba as it for many reasons...close to the Suuq Dahab, restaurant, internet inside.

I will leave the rest for Norf...he is the expert here.

Ms DD   

jubba qaalli i.e 320dirham per double room. Try golden star hotel -250 to 280 or one of da others. Not as clean as jubba though. Never eat at somali joint. Calool xanuun uunbaa ka qaadi.

Blessed   

^Dune bashing is the thing but I think the camel riding they throw is the best part. @Abwaan.

I can never remember names of hotels but this is a good website that lets you book online.. http://www.godubai.com Tip: don't try to book at the last minute esp. in Jan-Feb. Shopping festival.

Jubba is the nicest out of the Somaali ones.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

Jubba is the nicest out of the Somaali ones.

true that and Always has been in the recent years.

Last time I was in Dubai I stayed a hotel near Alghurair Shopping Centre. I may just do the same thing.

Any links to the Dune Four wheel driving?

Has anyone been to the indoor skiing?

Thanks Blessed... Normally I book everything at the last minute because i like to be spontaneous but as it looks even now I'm struggling to find reasonably priced Hotels so yeah I'll sort it out in next couple of days.

As for the Somali joints, I am not intending to stay in their area but to go there for casho -qamiir.

Any other interesting things to do there?

Cheers

Ibtisam   

I'm coming out to Dubia end of Jan as well. I'm interested in knowing about the "SUN" The internet says winter months Oct-March. I need sun, so please tell me, if there is no sun I'm going to find somewhere else to find.

LOZ Book end of Dec. Anything you book between now and Dec is going to be too expensive. Yesterday when I checked it out, If I book in for mid Dec, flight will cost me £450+, but 29th Jan it is down to £265 return.