Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Where to stay in Dubai

Blessed   

^It's always sunny, sweets. Well, apart from a week in December when it rains. (I'm praying it doesn't rain when my sister's here).

So, you're definitely coming? I'm hesitant about my planned trip now.. redface.gif

Oct-May is the best time to visit Dubai, the weather is just gorgeous. smile.gif

LOZ,

I think it's getting a bit expensive, here as well. Last time I booked a double room for a relative at Jubba it was 280Dhs. This wasin feb. Now, DD is saying it's 320.

For Dune bashing and a few other things, go with Palm Oasis (just google). They pick up and drop off a no extra cost. smile.gif

nuune   

Anigu I am going to hook up with Baashe once he moves there next month, Xiin would join us too, hopefully would catch up with Legend, and our Ambassador of UAE Mr North.

N.O.R.F   

LOZ

Depends on which part of Dubai you want to see. Old Dubai or new?

You must be aware of TRAFFIC because in some part you will have no access to taxis or be stuck in a jam for 2 hrs +.

Do you want to be woken by a soothing athaan in the morning followed by a delicious recitation of the Quran 20 minutes later? For that alone it would be worth staying at:

Jumeirah Hotel Apartments (Al Qusais next to Al Ansari Mosque). On the Dubai/sharjah border.

Ramee Hotel Apartments

In Bur Dubai (risk of traffic and no taxis at rush hour)

will get back later IA

home time,,,

NGONGE   

When I go alone I really don't care for the place I stay. Are you going alone, LOZ? You know their bus stops have air conditioning and hardly anyone goes in them. Halka eska dag. :D

Aaliyyah   

looooooooool@ halka iska dag..

------------------------------

"None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

ElPunto   

Those Somali establishments - any issues with folks doubling up in the rooms - say 4 to a double room and using sleeping bags?

What about staying at cheaper places in Sharjah? Are cheaper prices worth the commute?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

When I go alone I really don't care for the place I stay. Are you going alone, LOZ? You know their bus stops have air conditioning and hardly anyone goes in them. Halka eska dag.
:D

I thought you would have advised him to be wary of the low level street signs in case he walks into one and bangs his head :D

It sucks to be Northerner,LMAO. Waryaa,why are these people bypassing you and posting their Dubai trip questions in SOL? everytime? Knowing too well you are the "face of Dubai". Dee waa maxay? :D

War hadaan anigu ka ahay,waan xanaaqi lahaa. LOZ aaba igu daran: I couldve asked him kuyeh,but you never did L0L. Markuu kusoo waco,Uqabo. Matter of fact,soo wad and leave him in the desert somewhere. :D

*Dirdiraale.com*

-Lily-   

I'm desperate for sun and will probably be in vicinity of Dubai sometime in Jan too but for serious pampering, are there still ladies beaches (Blessed ;) )? The camels sound cute & desert sun set is appealing but I have no desire for Dune joy riding.

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Waar niyow don't make me go there as well if all those are coming .......
:D

Had me thinking about majnunu layla iyo old Baashi oo murmayya... :D

waryaa nuune dadka ha noogu yeerin ninyahow.

Haddaan dubai tago, waa inaan PL iyo SL soo arkaa IA. Sharci baa ka yaalla taas :D .