Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Spot the fake smile

Ms DD   

Salaam

A quick visit..

Here you can find out, if you can spot out fake or true smiles on a face of a human.

Spot The Fake Smile

Some of you maybe more cynical than others ..ahem ahem Xan!ahem!thus! :D

^ Qatari sana aa tahay haddii oo 5 qaladay

I got 12 out of 20 correct :( they almost same fake smiles look very similar to genuine smiles.

chubacka   

Allamagan you did better than me, I got only 8 ryt. Wot made it worse was I wrote I was so confident at the beginning.

After about 10 all the ppl seemed so genuine...

:D I wonder if this is a genuine smile or not

Miriam1   

I am suprised i didnt get them all right, I am pretty good at fishing out fake people. Tis all about the Eyes..your eyes hold your soul...

Also it was easy for another reason in this test then it is in real life , because those people that easily reverted back to a straight face, were ofcourse fake, if your smiling or laughing from your heart, there is always a trace of that happiness in your face alittle while later.

17 out of 20

Cara.   

15/20

I think I was doing well before I started wondering how they made people give genuine smiles to a camera or screen anyway. Baby pictures? funny but not too funny cartoon? Telling them they won money?

Kool_Kat   

I got 14right...

Watchout for #5's smile...Gosh, what a gab...Is #13 male or female...

N'way, I guess you can tell the difference of a fake or real smile, by the eyes...Usually, people smile with their eyes too if the smile is genuine...That's my take on it...

Malika   

I got 16/20..darn,I am paranoid,reading too much into humans! I usually am quite observatory of human body language,it speaks louder then words!

Isn't it weird how the guys are gettin low results compared to the girls? No wonder we can't separate a girl whose is smile is " Go away You freak" from a genuinly smiling girl. :D

Fundamental differences shown here!

Cheers

Curly   

15 out of 20, I don't think I'm bad. I've always prided myself in knowing the difference. I think it's something to do with length of the smile and what face they resume. Nodding and shaking of the head tells me it's real, but wouldn't that technically be laughing?

I did find it interested that they ask you how pessimistic or optimistic you are...obviously if you're the paranoid type you'd suspect everyone of being fake.