Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Memories from Home!!!

111585799.lYPVPVUJ.img210_2pb.jpg

115762926.hNmFN9Zb.img2682pb.jpg

And this one of Waqooyi I hadn't seen earlier, I think it is Berbera. It is the only image the photographer has of North. How healthy looking the geel are.

87899457.IIILAWad.jpg

Striking smile on the boy on the right. Probably shukaansigooda arkaa. War looxa aqri yaa dhaho. :D

98026873.ATFyzXBC.0168pbred.jpg

Indhakuul ahaa.

Cabdow   

^ Looks like igaarkaas in isaga la shukaansanooyo :D Nice pics MMA, specially the Baraawe one's. Ever since i went there once before qaxii, i devoloped a soft spot for it...Thanks for sharing bro!

Reer Marka have a saying: Marka caddeey, minankii Awcismaan ninkii mooda munaafuq waaye.

:D:D Marka cadeey is also another beautiful town!

ANWAR   

I've been there and swim:D

last year anD this summer TO :D

I HAVE Sit on that boat :D

look at the nice beaches it MY home town HOBYO :eek: :eek:

12895575.jpg12046243.jpg

this pictur was taken before I was born :(

9625896.jpg

I went there two years ago,i Have family members in lower shabelle but not marka,I love the beaches and the local people.Inshalah,mark a is the place i want to live in the future markaan howl qabka noqdo.

Originally posted by Canjeex:

^ Looks like igaarkaas in isaga la shukaansanooyo
:D
Nice pics MMA, specially the Baraawe one's. Ever since i went there once before qaxii, i devoloped a soft spot for it...Thanks for sharing bro!

quote:

Reer Marka have a saying: Marka caddeey, minankii Awcismaan ninkii mooda munaafuq waaye.

:D:D

Marka cadeey is also another beautiful town!
Adaaba Baraawe arkay. Ani Afgooye dhankaas Galbeedba uma dhaafin. Qoryooleey, Baraawe iyo Jamaame inaa arko waa iska jeclaan lahaa.

Aqiyaarta idinkaa mudan.

NASSIR   

As a young man, our whole nuclear family moved to Brava for a 3 months excursion or Hawa Gedis. It was so beautiful. Descending from the a small mountain, you can see a superb vista of the whole city. It's teemed with mosques and it has beautiful beach.

I remember encountering a group of young Brava kids. They were eating opuntia or cactus figs and spoke a language I couldn't fathom. I approached them and talked to them but they looked at me with a blank stare and then left without saying a word. Lol.

A beautiful time it was.

Chimera   

Does anyone have a picture of the notorious prisons operated by the NSS in Mogadishu during the Barre administration, where opposition leaders, commanders and scientists critical of his rule were locked up?

Haatu   

What's with the negativity Adam? This is supposed to be a thread where nomads share their sense of nostalgia.

Chimera   

No intention of being negative. I need a visual representation of an old Somali prison to inspire potential illustrations, as it will be the home of two scientists, a commander, and a activist in one of my stories set few months before the collapse of the central government. To survive life in prison and the NSS, this group supports eachother mentally despite their different political views and personal histories. The commander will eventually be freed by way of a Tank operated by loyal soldiers of his. These characters after several years in prison witness a complete different Mogadishu then the cosmopolitan city they remember before being locked up.

Xamar cade iyo Koostarkeedii.....

VBSV01P01_08.jpg

Qofkii u baahan a bit of nostalgia, alaabtaan waxay wali ka shaqeysaa Djibouti, in pretty much the same fashion.