Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Starbucks is GAY?

Kashafa   

On his way to work yesterday, my brother was approached by a man handing out Anti-Bush flyers. The following exchange took place:

Fruitcake: Morning Sir, here you go, Sir

Kashafa's Brother aka BulleTrain: Da hell is this ?

Fruitcake Flunkie: Sir, the Bush administartion is gearing up to set the clock back on all the gains gay people have made with one sweeping piece of legislation. We would appreciate your support

BulleTrain: Ay, man I'm late from work but I'mma drop a few lines on you.

BulleTrain: Would you marry your mother, or allow your brother to marry your sister ?

Fruitcake Funkie: No, Sir. That's just plain wrong. They're related.

BulletTrain: Two men are related too: by gender. How's that any different ? Next Question: Would you allow a man to marry a monkey ?

Fruitcake Flunkie: Sir, That's a drastic example. You can't compare both.

BulletTrain: So where do you draw the line ?

Fruitcake Flunkie: Err umm ummm

BulleTrain: And who sets the standards ?

Fruitcake Flunkie: Umm Err Err

BulleTrain: I thought so. Think about that.

BulleTrain walks on with his tough guy shuffle having just beasted an accursed Looti at his own game: Logic

Kashafa   

Abti,

Isn't it telling that after 6 pages, you're perhaps the only Nomad not to venture an opinion ? Rail agaisnt Viking, Knock Kashafa, and Chummy-Chum-Chum with Castro, all that begs the question: where's the beef ? For or Against ?( Or haunted by the phrase he coined: Obtuse Fence-Sitter. Karma, Abti, Karma :D )

You call me a Pseudo-Mullah for opposing homosexuality for *check this* religous reasons. That could actually be a prime candidate for Most Idiotic Comment of the year come December '05 and we're doing the annual SOL dig-up-dirt thread. But I digress. Aight, Fine. Where do you stand ? Please do tell. Or Bounce.

Silence on an issue this grave is akin to assent. No, I'm not implying you're a 'Bikrah' :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

I wasn't looking forward to a debate as much as to
understand
how you reached your conclusion.

I will allow you this one time to call me enlightened. Just this time. ;)

By poking fun at your 'research', I thought you'd present it and back it up. Sad to say that you haven't addressed the points raised and stuck to your talking points( Who-am-I-to-judge-consenting-adults etc)

Far be it from me to provide evidence in this Google age. But if I had the means to conduct such science, believe me, I would. You should have known from the start I'd stick to my guns. Or did you think I'd made up my mind when 7 was served coffee in a girlie cup?

No worries, As long as it's your opinion bereft of factual evidence-there's no accounting for tastes. Even though you're a Cuban-puffin', J.D-swiggin', fruitcake-toleratin' Somali, you one cool old head.

It is my opinion. And being called names hasn't changed my mind about anything. Specially when I'm right. But aside from that. It would be educational if you'd put aside the homophobia, for that's what it is, fear, and talk of homosexuality without sounding like you're being cornered and have to scream for help. Is that a fair request?

Finally, tolerance is not a word I like too much. But for the lack of a better word, I do tolerate such behavior you find to be the "foulest of foul". Tell me, which one of us has actually used reason and thought about the issue?

angrys5la.gif

THE FUNNIEST CLIP ABOUT STARBUCKS

Maybe a homosexual owns Starbucks :confused: and maybe part of their policy is to advocate queer propaganda. I doubt Starbucks supports Israel, maybe through their shareholders or their major shareholders support them, but I don’t think ideologically they align themselves with the agenda of Zionists. For my taste, Starbucks is too expensive to begin with, and i’ve tried their coffee and Tim Horton’s coffee and I find both of them to be the same, even Tim Horton’s to be better. I remember couple of years ago students protesting at my school against having Starbucks in our school, because they don’t use fair trade coffee. As to why major metropolises in NA are peppered with Starbucks and as to why they are gaining so much popularity, I don’t know.

When it comes to judgments against gays and lesbians, it is clearly wrong to indulge in such actions according to the Quran, and I doubt there are arguments drawn from the deen to support such actions to be allowable. It is horrifying to actually rationalize behavioural deviances using scientific and secularist political thoughts, while dismissing religious elements and variations in support of environmental and scientific development. But again, we cannot judge people, only Allah [sw] has the right to judge and punish humanity.

Castro Its truly fascinating the way you showcase your ideological stances, poses and beliefs, even the way you incorporate them in your own life, you must be a leftover hippie from the sixties era. You posed the question, Tell me, which one of us has actually used reason and thought about the issue?

There are many of us who would like to be tolerating who think are rational and think that we are part of the age of progress and yet some of our urgencies include the rejection of sexual deviants in a heartbeat, homosexuality, bestiality, pedophilia and so forth. As Somalis we are the non-practicing gatekeepers of the religion, we can’t have anything deviant become normality in our thinking or in our lives. Certainly we can’t have the acceptance of homosexuals, and you can’t have people accept the concept over night, even the so-called enlightened have problems accepting the institutionalization of same sex marriages as demonstrated by current political culture of your country.

As for Starbucks, I think they’re using these controversial tactics to redefine their new audience commodity, I mean after all no publicity is bad publicity – we are talking about it here, arent’ we?. If we were to conduct an ethnographic study of the place, we might find that coffee houses seek to industrialize unpopular ideas whether they are good or bad.

But then again SOL is the place for such reasoning, debating, discussion, like our own virtual slaughterhouse of opinions, perceptions often achieved through inadequate and irrational discussions of sociopolitical issues, I’d say its more entertaining here -- who needs Starbucks $9 coffee, when SOL is free, and let’s not forget the elimination of time and space in this virtual epoch. :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by Castro:

Finally, tolerance is not a word I like too much. But for the lack of a better word, I do tolerate such behavior you find to be the "foulest of foul". Tell me, which one of us has actually used reason and thought about the issue?

Well,tolerance is the word,whether you like it or not.As for using reason,tell me this...Why don't we eat pork?There's no real grave danger or any real risks associated with eating it,yet we cannot eat it.Why?Because Allah SWT said so!!That's the only reason I need to be disgusted and appalled and other big adjectives in regards to faggots.If they don't hurt me,it doesn't matter.Alcoholics probably won't hurt me either,but that doesn't mean I'm gonna say drinking is OK.

Castro   

Allah's decrees are there. We also live on earth and the day of judgment is not here yet. What can we do in the meantime? We can choose to be our own little gods and pass judgment, and execute it sometimes, or we can keep our beliefs to ourselves and let the allmighty take care of business. Liibaan, tell me, what is the alternative to tolerance? Eradication of gays? A final solution a la Hitler? Indifference? Sticking our heads in the sand? If I recall correctly, associating other gods with the One is the gravest sin of all. I don't see anyone getting hot and bothered about Hinduism or other multi-god religions. Come on. Calling gays faggots does not make one a good muslim. Or a good human being for that matter. I've taken it a bit further in that I can't possibly dehumanize anyone for something I feel they have no control over. That last one is a personal choice that shouldn't reflect negatively on kashafa or any one else around here. Like Jay Z said, what I eat don't make you sh!t.

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

you must be a leftover hippie from the sixties era.

I missed the sixties by a few hundred days. A tragic mistake on my part.

As Somalis we are the non-practicing gatekeepers of the religion, we can’t have anything deviant become normality in our thinking or in our lives. Certainly we can’t have the acceptance of homosexuals, and you can’t have people accept the concept over night, even the so-called enlightened have problems accepting the institutionalization of same sex marriages as demonstrated by current political culture of your country.

Nuggets of wisdom in a river of mud slinging.

NGONGE   

Abti

Isn't it telling that after 6 pages, you're perhaps the only Nomad not to venture an opinion ? Rail agaisnt Viking, Knock Kashafa, and Chummy-Chum-Chum with Castro, all that begs the question: where's the beef ? For or Against ?( Or haunted by the phrase he coined: Obtuse Fence-Sitter. Karma, Abti, Karma
:D
)

You call me a Pseudo-Mullah for opposing homosexuality for *check this*
religous reasons
. That could actually be a prime candidate for Most Idiotic Comment of the year come December '05 and we're doing the annual SOL dig-up-dirt thread. But I digress. Aight, Fine. Where do you stand ? Please do tell. Or Bounce.

Silence on an issue this grave is akin to assent. No, I'm not implying you're a 'Bikrah'

Oh! There you go again, kid. The writings in coffee cups are not a grave issue. The vendors can promote as many benders as they like, son.

As for homosexuality, I realise that at your age, this whole area of discussion is alien and new to you, but I assure you it’s not to me. I’ve probably made up my mind on it when you were in nappies, son (assuming that you‘re the fifteen-year-old boy you keep pretending to be).

STOP! Before letting that idea form in your head and start dreaming up the killer reply that you just thought off, let me give you more fuel. A couple of years ago, while standing at a bus stop waiting for a bus; I got chatted up and asked out by a very pretty gay man. He was nervous as he fluttered his eyelashes at me and asked me if I wanted to go for a coffee with him (wonder if he had Starbucks in mind:D). I politely declined and told him that, as a Muslim, I was forbidden from playing for the other team. He looked horrified when he heard the M word.

Ok, my story is done. You can stop shaking your head at the screen and prepare one of your typical schoolboy replies predicting Armageddon and promising that if such a thing would ever happen to you, you would stab your eyes (and his) out with a Starbucks fork.

This reminds me, were you a member of SOL when I told them about my gay dog? Yes, I didn’t just own a dog (filthy animal) it was also a homosexual dog.

Kashafa   

Castro,

Pure speculation on my part, but I'd guess that the dog and the master are inseparable, Why else would someone inquire about the sexual orientation of his pet. :eek: Somebody call the RSPCA :D

Castro   

Why else would someone inquire about the sexual orientation of his pet.

I think you meant to say animal companion for pet is the politically incorrect way to refer to them. :D

Please spare us the "we do not judge" bull shidh. We were not born yesterday. Everyone judges to a certain extent...what matters is what you do afterwards...armed with that judgement.

We all judge, whether it be homosexuals or what heblaaya was wearing at that party. To deny that just makes one sound ridiculous and completely ignorant.