Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Starbucks is GAY?

^ I don't know who's signature that was, but it is irrelevant. There's no need for him to get out of the kitchen because he is clearly taking the heat very well. It is however, highly gutless to take shots at his person or family when you can't otherwise get the best of him. :rolleyes:

Baluug   

Hey,I'll be the first to say I like the guy...Besides,communism is,in theory,better than capitalism.People help each other and work for the common good in communism,while capitalism is just every nomad for him/herself.But,I disagree completely with him on this matter

Originally posted by Kashafa:

^^ Relax, lassie. If he's not complaining, why should you ?

Um..I dunno? Maybe because I don't like highly gutless people? Go figure, lad.

Didn't know we had this much diversity on SOL. We even got liberals

I’m not surprised that your shocked and even appalled at the fact that liberals still exist in today’s political climate specially in the US, liberals are becoming an endangered species, at the moment we have one at our mercy [no offense Castro]--- buying into the republican propaganda is one thing, but fully giving into the money hungry defenders of the so called morally right is another.

That is why the democrats are headed for an eventual end, at the moment they are handicapped, who would have thought one network [FOX News] and a fleet of radio shows can destroy a political party and rain in the post-Bostonian academia era, because this is the nature of US politics.

The concept of liberal has become such a taboo that people are willing to compromise their own personal rights to please neo-cons, even immigrants and the minorities are now chanting the familiar rhetoric of tyrannical politics – even the religiously voting southern blacks are experiencing the aftermath actions of their morally elected leader.

Are we politically ignorant, reactionary or just want morally acceptable policies. In that light I would encourage nomads to reevaluate their understanding of the terms liberal and conservative, not the way the Christian Right connote the term – language is important in communication politics --- remember how Bush won because a big shot communication expert was hired to study how NASCAR dads would react to the terms ‘climate change’ or ‘global warming’ – he found they were less threatened by the concept of ‘climate change’ and Bush has continued to use that ever since.

Or in general the way we label our own political stances, left [liberal] or right [conservative], right is right, left is wrong. Or the way they portray God on television as an old white man with a beard, and let us think about how global race hierarchy works, after all some Arabs believe that Somalis aren’t necessarily good Muslims, and even Somalis hate other Africans and they hate within themselves – so lets forgo ideological labeling because many of us land on different ends on different issues in regards to the political spectrum of life.

As for Castro our rights mongering agent, I personally don’t think any harsh or direct deprecating remarks should be aimed at you, liberal or not, most of these other nomads have similar libertarian believes when it comes to other issues such as race politics, employment equity, and other facets of human rights, but some might disagree with you when it comes to gender politics and that is perfectly fine and acceptable after all we are all entitled to our opinions. Feminists have faced similar reactions although not as harsh as you, but those discursive methods employed by patriarchal nomads were only to courtship them ;) .

However, you must be a bit lenient in your conceptualization of tolerance and support of homosexuality. I m refering to the way you convey your ideas – in particular your cynical and sarcastic undertones. I think your delivery is rather dulled in attempt to enrage others. You must be rational in understanding both sides of the debate, but again other nomads have resorted to defense/offense mechanisms.

Please be more argumentative in your opinions aside from passive aggressive on liners, while you accuse others being vulgar in their responses. I think at best you anticipate such responses. In analyzing your historical posts, we know you want to entice and enrage the traditionalists, pseudo-religious individuals, halfway modernists and ideologically conflicted postmodernists by taking the road less traveled by in opinion.

Ideologically I wouldn’t consider myself to be a conservative nor a liberal, more like an anarchist who lives in accordance to the governing moral agencies of the deen – that being said, in a anarchistic environment if Castro can physically defend his ideas -- I say let him roam, this is not a threat by all means – just imagining you preaching and flossing your ideological stances in a khat chewing room in Somalia filled with militiamen – but i doubt you’d survive amid the aftermath.

Waraa Castro Deeg karka naga jooji!

I saw a similar post on another site, and here is what they were saying...

The Prophet ‘cursed the men who behave like women and women who behave like men.’ (Al-Bukhari). In a similar narration, he ordered: ‘Cast them out of your homes.’

The Hadith in Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 32, Number 4087, states that:

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

The Apostle of Allah cursed the man who behaved like a woman and the woman who behaved like a man.

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq judged in accordance with this, and he wrote instructions to this effect to Khaalid, after consulting with the Sahaabah. ‘Ali was the strictest of them with regard to that. Ibn al-Qasaar and our shaykh said: the Sahaabah agreed that [the person who does homosexual acts] should be killed, but they differed as to how he should be killed. Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq said that he should be thrown down from a cliff. ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that a wall should be made to collapse on him. Ibn ‘Abbaas said, they should be killed by stoning. This shows that there was consensus among them that [the person who does homosexual acts] should be killed, but they differed as to how he should be executed. This is similar to the ruling of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning the person who has intercourse with a woman who is his mahram [incest], because in both cases intercourse is not permitted under any circumstances. Hence the connection was made in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) who reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Whoever you find doing the deed of the people of Loot, kill them.†And it was also reported that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has intercourse with a woman who is his mahram, kill him.†And according to another hadeeth with the same isnaad, “Whoever has intercourse with an animal, kill him and kill the animal with him.†(Narrated by Ahmad, 2420; Abu Dawood, 4464; al-Tirmidhi, 1454; al-Haakim, 4/355).

Subxanallah.

Kashafa   

Um..I dunno? Maybe because I don't like highly gutless people? Go figure, lad.

That's a direct provocation, O White, Blessed, Fair Maiden. But as a ranking Gentleman of the First Order, I cannot take offense and will respond with a smile that will melt even the most coldest of hearts: :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Muhammad Howell - Niinka Cadaan:
“Whoever has intercourse with an animal, kill him and kill the animal with him.†(Narrated by Ahmad, 2420; Abu Dawood, 4464; al-Tirmidhi, 1454; al-Haakim, 4/355)

And what might the sin of the animal be? Solicitation?

What a delightful little read this has been. I cant help but smirk at some of the (dis)ingenuous posts. :D

Castro, ur finding humour in unusual places eh?

Baashi   

^ :D

Ahem! Sometimes some nomads are too caught up in taking sides ;)

Aduunyooy xaalkaa ba' as Mr. Adduunyo used to say :D

I wonder if the sympathizers should also excuse paedophiles, incest, and other sexual deviants. Surely, the tendency, the inclination, the urge, the lust can be characterized as being natural. These people don't wake up in the morning to become outcasts...they just have some weird imblances up in their heads...they are created that way right :D

NGONGE   

^^^ These sorts of posts do not help at all, Baashe. I wish you would not fall into such traps, saaxib.

Sometimes, emotions and strong feelings about a subject blinkers one’s vision and stops them from seeing things for what they are or how they were presented.

If we sympathise (and in this case I speak for myself) we do because the person is making sense and providing a reasonable argument (right or wrong is not even the point here).

Many ignore the ‘argument’ and waste their time second-guessing the ‘arguer’s’ beliefs, motives and goals. He’s there, right in front of you and ripe for the picking, Baashe. Take him on and don’t waste your time on what the sympathisers think or don’t think.

To tell the truth, I personally still don’t know where Castro stands on this issue and how he reconciles his views with Islam (the slippery slope he talks about). I don’t know it because to ask him such questions in this atmosphere will only make it look like I’m joining in the witch-hunt. In addition, those opposing him have not really pushed him in that direction (even though that is EXACTLY the reason for their quarrel with him).

It really is time the pseudo-mullahs (I don’t include Baashe in this group) learned to debate. Even though it is a shame that such a debate will start on such a pointless topic, something is better than nothing I suppose.

Do you think you can take him on without resorting to covering your ears with your hands and shouting the words “xaram xaram xaram�

He already conceded that fact, see.

I stated an opinion which is based on some research, not a lot but enough to steer me in that direction. I'm of the school of thought that environment and anatomy, among other factors, cause homosexuality.
Is it immoral?
According to Islam,
yes
. Is it a sin? Again,
Islam forbids it
. Why?
Allah's decree
. I'm not evaluating the morality of it, that has already been done, just the nature of it. Consequently, believing that something is natural leads one to wonder if the sin associated with it is justified. But that's a slippery slope and one I choose not slide down.
However, even if it were proven anatomical and genetic, Islam still forbids it
. Whether it is an excess or a natural compulsion, I will not pass judgement on anyone engaging in it for that is not my place. You have passed enough judgment for the both of us.
Why is my concurrence important to you
?

Play ball, dammit..

lol @ ma sarriir baad ka dhacday.

This thread is crying for a deep cleansing indeed. And though I have always been against sanitizing vile arguments with equally filthy ones, I am tempted to throw exception here (haven’t decided quite yet).

Surprised I am no by those who found amusement in the public endorsement of the sinful and wicket homosexual activities. Neither am I disappointed at those who crawl on the rear-door and cheer and clap for the debased looms of our follow gay-sympathizer.

Castro, Adeer ma waalid Cadanna laga heesi mayo anna sariir kama soo dhicin. And for my objection of the word, well it seems that not only have you gotten a pass on it but tacitly encouraged by those who supposed to know better. In that case, resigned I shall remain to the bitter reality of the cyber world.

:D Ngone's Indecisiveness

Baashi   

I don't agree with you on some issues but nevertheless I respect your opinions Ngonge. I also respect Castro's opinion. I was very careful not to play Islamic card on him. The reason being I suspected based on his cyber posts that he doesn't base his opinions on sound Islamic principles.

Now, I meant to play ball by using reason, sound, and rational argument. I believe I have been doing that all along when it comes with my amigo Castro and anyone who has shown reservation to base his/her opinions on Islamic principles.

I don't know why you jumped guns so hastily Sage Ngonge.