Sign in to follow this  
fartun

Daily Routine

fartun   

i have always been wondering what would the the best day be like, and to behonest dont' seem to have a day, coz i seem to be doing samething each and every day and dont' know how to do little copration about my dail routine and i hope that you all gonna give me some tips to have a best day. here goes i wake up 5am every morning pray go to the kitchen cook fresh breakfast for my husband before he goes to work, after that i go to the gym work out to stay fit na'mean. i come back home take a shower get ready to go to school, leave the house by 8am get to class and so forth. leave school 3pm come back home, cook dinner and make it ready before my husband comes home, with that cleaning and so on, seems like is never ending. and making sure that i study or do homework before my man get home coz once he gets home wooooooooooooow no need to know info i guess i will consider that the unknow time of the day. so iguess that is how my day goes every day of the week. and for the weekend i mean is time to do the laundary and revrasing the house and so forth, and going out watching movies or going to the beach, thank god i live in California coz mos the other stated people don't seem to know what beach is like. any way my question is that back when i was single i thought i had more fun than now coz all back then i use to do was hang out have fun and with my punch of other friends but now it seems that the 24 hour is so small to do the things that i use to do, i dont' know why i gues something must have changed in me coz being responsible i guess is #1 on the least and all the other staff will come next, hopefully inshallah. any way let me know something that i can spice up my day and make more elabrate then it is.

How about Romeo lends a helping hand? Time might not seem so short..

Spice? That 'wooow' isn't enough?

Are you bored? Did you drop the friends when u married? Routines are comfortable creations of our making. Breaking them is a little less comfortable so do it for something worthy if u're stuck in a rut. Surprise yourself. Go on. Skip the gym tomorrow; have breakfast alone in a nice cafe and read or write. Then follow routine as per...the world would not have stopped turning, but u'd have had an indulgent moment to yourself. Women are always thought to serve and please others. Make a little time for numero uno- make that a routine.

Salaam Fartun,

Seems like you've got enough on your plate already; with school, home chores & husband to juggle. G'luck. But, have you thought about volunteering? Either someplace your really interested in (big sister, soup kitchens, schools, hospitals) or in the field that your studying.

You can also go to the net and look up the main events & activities upcoming in your area and make a weekly date with your hubby or visit the main attractions (parks, museums, zoo, art gallery, etc) that you haven't already. There is so much to do; it's just knowing how to manage your time, prioritize, and organize your day. Something most of us aren't good in.

If all else fails, make weekly/monthly dates (set ones) dates with your girls and just have some wild fun! Its always good to look forward to something.

Fartun, you sound like a perfect housewife with all the cooking and cleaning.

I don't know how much advice I can offer since I myself find it hard to fit anything more than work, sleep and the occasional dinner date into my day.

Castro   

^ Dating is haraam. :rolleyes:

Fartuun: have a kid or two. That will energize your daily routine. I guarantee it.

^ Energise it, or totally mutilate it? The latter me thinks. She's already a good skivvy in training, don't throw her to the dogs yet.

PS: What do you take to mean a dinner date?

Jacpher   

Originally posted by Castro:

Fartuun: have a kid or two. That will energize your daily routine. I guarantee it.

That’s a sound advice. The guy knows what he’s talking about. The phrase from Men's warehouse; they never let their customers down.

fartun   

oh sure am looking forward of having childeren some time in the future inshallah not now as far as i know coz i got a lot things to accomplish before i bring babies into this world, which am working on it right now. other than that i dont' think that i will have enegry to do two things at same time right now.

Blessed   

^You cook fresh breakfast at 5a.m..every day? Mansha Allah, you’re so sweet. The thought never crossed my mind. *feels like a qumayo*

Anyways, with or without kids, you should have a social life apart from the husband and family. Being responsible doesn’t translate to being boring. I understand it’s the newness of these circumstances that makes it seem daunting but with time you’ll get the hang of it. Yeah, every newly wed goes through this.

However, the arrangements you set in these early days will set the tone of your married life – so try and get yourself into a routine (+ level of responsibilities) that suites both of you.

I’d suggest that you plan your week so that you get time with your girls and the husband with his boys. Have a take-away night and get the husband to treat you to a slap-up meal once a week- you do deserve it. Also, you should try and cut down on the gym and use that time for homework or chores, you should really only go (gym) three days a week.

Hope that helps…

Arawella   

You need to be spontaneous Fartun!

First thing tomorrow head straight to the travel agent and book ONLY for yourself a weekend retreat, heed no attention to guilt feelings. While you are at it splash on a luxurious health spa, remember walaal you are special and you should treat yourself so.

In addition why cook everyday; treat yourself and your hubby with the occasional takeaway. I personally think that Sunday should be cooking day, fill-up your fridge with the week meals and voila you have more spare time to pamper yourself.

Liibaan   

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think you and your husband should swap the spots. Teach him how to cook fresh breakfast, if he is not yet there, so u get time to figure out wat else to do since breakfast has been taken care of. furthermore, if you think you are good story teller maybe you should start writting a BOOK! u never know you could be a great writer. Also, find out wat makes u a batter candidate for better future by close looking to the career you perusing maybe through volunteering, obtaining a some sort of designation. Apart from that, do some window shopping it is healthy for eyes

Have tried lying in bed till 2pm on a saturday/sunday?

Gal i think you do too many things that you could do without..

e.g.

Th gym aint particularly important.. I aint never been 2 a gym in ma life!

Getting up at 5am.. for fajr prayer.. understandable.. lakiin cooking for haajiga? looool smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

U've gotta be joking right? How on earth can one "cook" or "make" breakfast sweetie?

The average joe's breakfast is probably

cereal- 2mins to prepare

toast-4mins to prepare

shah-1.5 mins to prepare

Its either one of them.. so.. why stay up from 5am 2 prepar that? It literally takes 3 mins average...

Cant he make it himself..

I understand the role u must play as the new wife and that involves primarily cooking (lunch/dinner/supper/feasts/ali-bari).. but dont mistake it for "breakfast".. everyone makes their own breakfast..Maskiinad..

damn!

Everyman for his own I say

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

hodman   

Sugar love haku dirin inanta odayga waxay u samaysaa beer iyo suqaar and all those fattening things so that he gains the mandatory 10-15 that every Farax has to gain to testify to indeed being happily married ;)

Castro this girl seems busy enough without adding diapers to the equation :D

Fartun what you need is a routine nite out with ur old friends that's all and u'll be ok.

fartun   

i want thank each and every one of you who have given the advice and am taking all of them and trying to coprated into my routine. though most of you have told me to hang out with friends more and take time off, which i would loved to do, however i just moved here in Los Angles area about 4month ago from San Jose California, i guess that is why am trying to learn new people out here, is not that i forget my friends is just they are little far away from me, and for my husband we both are new to the city that is why, furthermore the reason that i cook fresh meal is that am diabetic and i can't have sugar as much as i would loved to have and i have to limit the type of food that i eat and control my sugar is not because i have to do it each and every day,

and yeah as far gym goes gurls staying fit is part of the health and feeling happy about your self and spicing the sexy body of you to the love of yours coz "We Belong Tother" is all about the sex appeal, which every guy loves and would die for it you know what i mean guys. any way i can't thank you all enough but i just want to say thanks for the advice.