Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

First impressions and assumptions Of SOL members:

Ibtisam   

Okay, I am bored so I thought I’d entertain myself. I think it would be fun to post what we thought of SOL members when we joined (and for those old farts who have been here too long and cannot remember (or all your old friends have left, you can tell us any striking impressions that newbie’s made as they joined). Finally if those impressions and assumptions changed over the time you have been here.

I’ll start, Hmm it is only fair I start with the day time trolls. Oh If your name does not appear on the list, it means you did not make an impression, good or bad :D

- Jacylbarro: a 16yr old in the UK pretending to be in the Hargisa ( I could not believe someone who lives in African can afford to be online 24/7 and post replies so frequently and so fast (sometimes before you even refresh your page)

- North: The likeable undercover Maskeen of SOL.

- Ngonge & Bob: entertaining old man, I swear I thought they both must be at least 50, but both so funny (what wz I thinking then, blame it on the boredom thread!)

-Serenity: Now she was one scary, bossy lady, lord have mercy. But in reality she is very lovable, and she is a laugh and easy going (can you believe that?)

- Val: I kind of thought she shared the crown for “words of wise one” with Rahima, with Rahima being the harsh one, and Val the nicer/kind one.

- Lily: the classic down to earth person on SOL, I don’t think I have ever seen her angry or mad or being rude. She is normally pretty closely inline with my lines of thoughts, sometimes I don’t post in threads because she has already perfectly expressed what I wanted to say.

- Castro: I loved that old man, can someone please bring him back, where has he gone.

- JB: When he is not Islam bashing or arguing pointless points I like him.

- Canno geel: I love the picture, I mean the avatar picture is so fit. :D

-Sheh: The school headmaster, she was forever telling people off, and deleting things… I know it is her job.

- Baashi and Xiin: Talk down to women, patronizing to women and new ideas, but oddly enough they are still likeable characters.

-Red sea. I like the kid, he wears his heart on his sleeves, but he has tons of energy and patience. Someone should tell him to relax.

- The funny characters: Cynical lady (whatever happened to her) Crystal clear and Fartuun

- Khalaf: I thought he was quite good, but he is forever barking up the wrong tree in almost every argument with all his might.

- Munira20, Nomadique- and Cambaro: Genuinely nice

- Farah Brown and “ME” confusing yet likable characters.

-Zeniobia: A fat little sweet lady sitting on a computer with a kid on her lap. boy was i wrong when she unleashed her inner quumanyo on me! :D

I only wrote my Positive (can you believe this is positive) impressions not the negative as to not offend anyone. Now I’m run and hide :D

Ms DD   

Genuinely nice?? Is that all? Translation: Bland.

I tried very hard to give out the impression of SOL's cajuuso! Sadly It didnt manifest.

I'd take Jacelbaro's assumptions anyday!

Ms DD   

Oh..and my first impression of Ghanima was the SOl version of Del-boy. Finger in every pie. I dont know how I got this impression.

Val

My impression of you was: Headmistress with a whip and a cutting wit.

NGONGE   

I have a feeling that both Xiin and Baashe would consider this one a girly topic and decide to leave you to it. I would fully concur.

Malika   

Lol, Ghanima… only genuinely nice!!

Ghanima aka Xanthus, my day time Somali online friend, sometimes I think you were created and moulded from the same dough as my mother[not that your old ]but the way you express yourself, my mother is a true warrior.

Jaceylbaro: Friendly, half the time day dreams about something illicit and just loves to laugh...Looooooooooooool

Ngonge: Okay this dude here, is the ultimate champion, he cracks me up...Am aware of his intelligence Mash Allah! [Yes I know he is happily married…lol]

Northerner: Proud Burcawii, a genuine nice guy!

Ms Dhuc Dhuc: Oh what can I say about the sister; girl got her feet firmly on the ground. Sound as they say!

Nephyts: I usually read the sister’s posts with great anticipation, truly an amazing and fascinating woman.

Kool-Kat- I always imagine her with a great hair do, singing her heart out while driving. A cool cat indeed!

Aaliyah614: The girl would make a wonderful wife [for my brother], genuine, traditional and religious.

ME: He loves to argue for the sake of argument, but a nice guy all around.

Baashi: I am intrigued by Baashi, hmmm

Zenobia: A wise sister [me like her]

Dabshid: Lol, what can I say, he is nice, loves his ladies…Lol

Che: His nick was attractive, yes am fascinated with the Cuban.

Val: Kind, intelligent and most the likeable person here! [Yeah, my guy friends are just besotted I tell ya!]

Nur: Not only knowledgeable in the matters of deen, but a great human being [thanks yaa Nur]

I would love to nip into the politic section and comment, but the response from some of them might be 1000 word essay..

Ibtisam   

Nomadique-

No you just changed your name, :rolleyes: I've Edited it to your current name. Wake up lady!, 4th from the bottom, you nearly did not make it.

Ms DD, At least I did not say the Raaliyo of SOL, and there is not a higher rank of "nice" than what I gave you and Munira. People are always so rude and evil, it is refreshing to see nice normal people.

Val: lool, I won't say how long it lasted, you would be suprised. Oh and about how i talk too much lol :D I thought same thing about me!

Girls, you are suppose to post of list o fyoru impressions, not just target me and the person above you! :rolleyes:

Al Kahina: :D I did not want to sound bias dee, that and so much more ;)

Ngonge: Who cares what old men like you and yoru friends think. I'm not on their bandwagon anyway :rolleyes: in any case no one can resist, everyone wants to know what impressions they made! lol

I forgot Nephyts From my orginal list: she is a very interesting person (when she posts in english which is not often enough!)

oh and Dabshid and AAliyaah: Both a right laugh! :D

Originally posted by Ghanima:

-Serenity: Now she was one scary, bossy lady, lord have mercy. But in reality she is very lovable, and she is a laugh and easy going
(can you believe that?)

At the risk of seeming like I only respond when my nick is mentioned, I will reply to this thread... numerous times probably, because someone will not STOP trying to get under my skin.

There you go perpetuating that virtual image of me as 'scary and bossy' when I have even been on good behaviour for two whole years! Like some old and very wise said 'when I'm good, no1 remembers, when I'm bad, no1 forgets!'

I've to say, I found you majorly annoying on SOL, always encouraging trolling in every topic.. but in person, I totally love you... you've absolutely sweet, highly energetic (I can hardly keep up with the speed you talk, let alone your pace of walking) and I wouldnt change a thing about you...

And stop saying stuff like 'can you blv it'.. of course they can! :mad:

- Baashi and Xiin: Talk down to women, patronizing to women and new ideas, but oddly enough they are still likeable characters.

You've done great injustice to Xiin there. He is not patronizing at all, infact, his only problem is he comes across as a little greedy and eager where women are concerned. :D

And last but not the least, Castro please come back. I too miss you so and so.

Did I mention you're very sweet too Ibs? smile.gif

^ Ahh, Sorry I'm fairly sleep deprived at the moment. I would love to give my two cents only in this condition chances are I will write some nonsence..

Carry on though.

Ibtisam   

^^^lool Okay I hope you get your rest. smile.gif

Oh I forgot two of my favorite nomads: Dhulqarnayn –alSumaale and Scipio Africanus both of them are intriguing. As newbie’s they have captured my interest along with Buuxo. One is really smart (I always learn something new or discover a new link/ story when he posts a thread) the other is reasonable and smart, and buuxo is just funny and her Somali is hilariously charming. Now if only they would post more!

Serenity :D aaw you shouldn’t have, I am purposely getting under your skin to get interesting people to post on SOL, so I embraced my new scheme of bulling and posting name sake threads so people post :D lool @ on good behavior for two years. As Val and Ngonge will testify I told the truth and nothing but the truth :D

How does one encourage trolling baal waa yaab (you forgot to mention my Somali which makes you so mad! ) :D I’ve never seen anyone who gets tired just by talking, cajiib.

Injustice to Xiin you say, dear he speaks about women like they were put on earth for no other reason then men, and they have no brain, irrational emotional beings who cannot reason or possible know what is good for them. You of all people should find that offensive, unless you are taken in by his sweet talk of hooyal hooyal hoo. :D hopefully this will get xiin out of hiding

Me thinks Castro is playing hard to get. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Erm I meant aniga yaa "me" notice I always use " "when speaking of you. I would say pick a different name dear, but no point saying that is there!

p.s. Is that your only contribution :D

Jacpher   

I would love to nip into the politic section and comment, but the response from some of them might be 1000 word essay..

Go right ahead. ^^ Cunuga iga sareeya, the born-again geeljirahan ka bilow.

Ghanima Warkiyaa kaa batay. Naastaro maad dhunjisay?

Dhubad.   

^loooool@Naastaro. I don't think she will understand.

Anyway, Have a nice Bank Holiday for those who live in UK.

PEACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Time to go home!