Sign in to follow this  
Nabaddoon

Denan Then and Now - A Hell on Earth

Kool_Kat   

My sister posted it on her Facebook wall, and the way she spoke about the video, I don't think I have the heart to watch it... :(

Aaliyyah   

MaSHALLAH that was amazing. May Allah swt bless those who are making a difference. Makes us realize that we gotta spend time helping our people instead of talking about none ending somali politics...

salaam

Khayr   

A really sad video to watch.

I don't know how they could even have strength to bury people.

SubhanAllah

Sophist   

This is the most disturbing video I have seen for long! I have tears on my face!. Something has to be done. We can feel sorry and do nothing or we can contribute to the betterment of our plighted people!.

S.

I was very moved by this story yesterday so I talked to one of my friends who I knew was from the region. He informed me that this was back in 2004 when the region was afflicted by a severe drought. I asked him if there are any Somali organization in the Diaspora that help these people. He said no! So I said why? He said the Ethiopian government does not allow us to help.

He said he knows firsthand, many people who tried to make a difference and are now in jail for 10-15 year. Can you believe that? I always knew they are our worst enemy but never imaged they watch people die this way.

TAKE NOTE People : Never Ever think Ethiopia will do anything to benefit Somalis. If they are doing this to people who are in citizens of their own country what do you think they have in store for the rest of the Somalis! I am very disappointed that Sh. Sharif and his government are calling on them for help.

Malika   

"To water every thirsty liver, there is a reward in it." by Prophet Muhammad SAW.

Is there no Somali draught relief agency? I know Muslim Aid has been fund rasing this ramadan, in the bid to build wells across Africa.There has been sever draughts in our lands of recent,so folks why not send those fitri, zakat money to the needy..

Nabaadoon, the video might be 4-5 yrs old, but the situation is still there..We need to dig wells for our people, there is no waiting for Ethiopia to do so..

ps.There is another story of a prostitute that was walking home one day when she saw a dog who was panting with thirst. The dog was near a well, but was unable to reach any of the cool water to quench it's raging thirst.

The prostitute took pity on the dog and using lowered her shoe into the well to get some water for the thirsty dog. Allah Ta'alah liked this act of kindness so much that he forgave her all her for her immoral lifestyle.

pss."Allah does not show mercy to him who does not show mercy to people." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)