Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

I have a question?

Qac Qaac   

why the hell does most of the Somali ppl who grew up in Arabian countries become westernized in the first 2 months of their stay in the western countries, it doesn't matter what country it is. anyways that is what i notice in Canada?... especially those somalian ppl from Khaliij area. no offense, i am just enquiring a knowledge.

su'aasheedu waa, maxaa waaye the reason behind this, maxay cadaan cadaan iskaga dhigaan isla markiiba.

ofcourse they are not all the same. but i am taking the average. which shows most of them. i have one of my good friends who is from those carab countries and he is not affected one bit... but majority rules... hala iisoo jawaabo.

NGONGE   

su'aasheedu waa, maxaa waaye the reason behind this, maxay cadaan cadaan iskaga dhigaan isla markiiba.

mayanay madow iskaga dhigin? maxa cadaanka ku waalay?

It's probably because Arabs act like Westerners anyway, man. So, they probably feel at home the minute they arrive.

NoVa   

Biyaha Carabta iyo Biyaha Canada isku mid' ma aha'sxb...i think biyaha Kanada waxaa ku jiro geedkoo oo dhiigooda dhan si'kale ka dhigaayo... :D i guess it's stronger maybe?? lolol

But u have a Valid point there. Yes, i'v seen alot of ppl that were born in carabta and when they came to N. America u'll c that same person transformed into something else in less than couple months.....i'mean it's bad enought the one' who grew up and had hard time trying not to adopt it but the one who came yesterday and all of suddenly already adopted everything in couple months???. It seems as living in some of those Carab countries must have done them too much Naqas celin. Many of them think that coming to Canada is like having a Freedom again (which it isn't)...Because they were exposed to a lifestyle which had so much restriction and rules that had to be followed but when you come to do business, in this case when u move to a new place which might not have the same rules, then you deregulate all those restrictions that one' had adopted....guess the new life style is better than the old' one....but is it RealY thou?

waryaa qac qac i know i dont live in canada but i dont think there is something called westernized you never know how people grew up before they came to canada so mesha qaca lol

Honesita   

I'de luv for the author of this topic to maybe define his meaning of westernized....!! And also maybe he can tell us how easternized he remained after living in the west...!!!

All I can say is STOP HATING....i luv the fact that i came from carabaha, and i looooove those somalis who came from carabaha....for the simple fact that we're not so westernized.....some1 said something about restrictions back in those arab countries..!! R u serious or are we talking about countries where TVs, Music, Clubbing, Alcohol and Drugs, Masajid allah and Schools were available...and it was actually each person's personal choice to dwell in the environment of their liking...!!! Let's not exaggerate...but honestly how many Somali Arabs do u see becoming losers, drinking and taking drugs, or committing crimes.....maybe some, but let's not blame the environment they came from because of their weak actions...!!

Salaamz

for ur point dear heblaayo or hebel all the carab somalians that i know who live in canada all are loosers,drinkin, taking drugs, and are criminals. now u ask how i know them? lets say i just know

asxantu

Qac Qaac   

Do you mean Western because they dont measure up to your somali standards?

Devil's advocate, i have to say u play the role of your nick name very good. laakiin sis i stop explaining myself to u, coz no need another negative reply from u. so hakugu taag naato, coz i won't tell u anything.

Honasita, yariisay, sorry if u r one of those somali ppl who grew up in arab countries, u might be good, and be one of those 10% who are safed from the cruelty of the west. laakiin for most of the ppl they are pathetic as checkmate said it.

for most of the other ppl who replied we all agree, on this issue, that arabs become cadaan cadaan before us... and this is one of the reason why i don't like arabs.. why can't they be how they used to be, when they were ruling all over the world.

Curly   

Qac Qaac walaal you can't go around asking silly questions like that.

I was born in arabta and I don't think that Somalis from Arabta change much when they come over to the western countries. I find that it's actually the Somalis who come from Somalia who adopt the western culture so eagarly!

I believe that this maybe due to the fact that the Arab countries are already westernised, so there isn't much of a culture shock when they come over to the western countries.

I know this because in Abu Dhabi the majority of the younger somali generation all have American accents and dress like Americans, which I thought was weird when I asked them where they were from, I found out that they were all actually born and bred in Arabta and that many had never even steped foot outside Arabta.

Tuujiye   

Ani carab waa necbahay..kuligood waa gaal jeceel except mujaahid yasha buraha jiifta..

Somalida xaga dagan oo carab nimada ku faantana ,,Su'aal? sharci ma qabtaan? wadan aa joogtaan..Carab sida ee uga faanto somalida fiiri, hadaa ku dhalatid wadanka xitaa sharci kuma siinaayaan..carab waan necbahay ha igu sheegina yaaqee ayaga iyo Hindi ba..Gaal jeceel ayaga bee ku dhamatay..

But somalida carabta ku dhalatay ani kuma heesto in ee noqdeen weternized, but why cadaan cadaan,, dhar kudhagan iyo carab la socodka iyo gabdho cadaan laga daba ordaayo iyo, afsoomali laga faanaayo iyo..aloo yaa karbasha oo dhagax laq siiya....At least dress and act like the black man that we are and be western not cadaan cadaan.

waraa DARMAN adiga waa kula yaabay walaahi, mar aa gabar u naageysid, mar aa mukulaal dishid, mar aa game aan la aqoonin umada u bilaawday, mar sadex xadith oo caato ah soo tuurtid, mar bajaq gabasaar ka daftid yaabka yaabkiis..waraa adi OG-moti bas aa ku af fahmaayo..waxaan maqlay magacaaga ugu danbeeyo waxaa la dhahaa.."help" run miyaa...darman last name Help..

QQ sifiican aa u gashay D.A...alaabtaas waxaa la dhahaa "uuuuuus"..lol....

waraa nagu kala wada sidii shirka somalida ee kenya...

jaaw

Blessed   

Originally posted by Darman:

Stereotyping = Ignorance.. :rolleyes:

Well said!

Honesita, Bonita

Welcome back xabiibti. Missed your doses of honesty ;)smile.gif

Salma   

Salam All,

I must admit that I’ve registered in Somaliaonline Forums just to reply to this topic smile.gif

Qa3 Qa3 (Btw, your nickname remind me of one of our Prophet Mohamed Peace Be Upon him Companions, his name is :Al Qa3Qa3 Ben 3amr, may allah be pleased with him, I completely admired his personality when I read his biography from a book called “Men around the Prophet peace be upon him”.

Bro, you should know that every nation has the good type and the bad type. People with weak personalities who are ready to change their culture and Islamic teachings from the first moment they put their feet in a Western Country and people with strong personalities who will never drop their culture and Islamic concepts no matter what. So, if you meet or hear about Somali guys or gals who became westernized or did un-acceptable or bad actions you don’t have to relate that to the country they came from. It has nothing to do with the country/region they come from. Its not also related to how their parents raised them, because there are many guyz/gals who do awful and terrible actions although their parents raised them well and taught them the right Islamic Teachings and the good manners..

I was born & raised in Abu Dhabi,UAE. I love being here and I consider it my 2nd Home. Here in UAE we hear many stories about Somali people in Europe, America & Australia. Like the girl who lives with her Jamaican BF and quit living with her family,the boy who suicide after taking big dose of Drugs,the Wife who dumped her husband or called the Authorities for him and they kicked him out from the house and she is living with her White BF without marriage,the Girl who doesn’t leave the Disco 24 hrs , the Man who was a Sheikh and turned to a Christian Clerk.I don't consider those people as“Somalia's Ambassadors Outside". Not all the Somalis N these countries are Disco Dancers, or Drug takers or Husbands' kickers. I know 100% there are good Somali people outside there who fear their god, respect their Religion, country and people. Personally, when I meet people who come from Europe, America Or Australia, whether bad or good , I don't link their bad or good attitude and acts to the culture or the country they come from. I link their acts and attitude to their personalities. “He is bad coz he is bad not coz of the culture he lives in or because of his parents”

For the member who mentioned the Restrictions and the Rules reason. Ever heard about “The World became a Small Village”?! take that seriously Sir. The same liquors, drugs, books, movies, games, clothes, food, medicines...etc in Europe and America you will find'em here. You need to visit UAE and check the lifestyles here. You will find the Angels and the Demons, the good and the bad places and people. Its You who will decide whom to hang out and what to be. There are Bars, Discos, Apartments with bad reputations and there are Mosques, Islamic Lessons, Sports, Cultural Foundations and Communities, Intellectual gatherings and clean entertainment.

Bottomline, It's all related to the Person’s choice. What you choose is upto you.

Peace N DA Middle East smile.gif

NGONGE   

Well said, Emmy. I, however, fear this has more to do with the usual Somali hatred of Arabs and everything connected to them than a simple discussion about Somali Arabs in the west.

A huge number of Somalis who have never set eyes on an Arab country have a serious problem with Arabs. It’s the old tried and tested custom of “ waxa la yadhi”....

The Saudis refuse to buy a few sick goats and all of a sudden all the goat herders’ start hating Arabs! The Arab league does not jump to the aid of Somalia and again, the Somalis go wild with hatred. The funny thing about all of this is that it’s a one-way hatred. The Arabs either don’t realise or don’t care. While our Somali brothers and sisters would tell anyone and everyone about how much they hate those useless Arabs.

When anyone tries to reason with them about this unwarranted hatred, they counter by asking questions such as “ why do you defend them so much? What have they done for you? Do you have residency?” Not forgetting the, “ The only thing that links us to Arabs is the religion” remarks! (Somebody has to tell them that this rather than belittling Arabs ends up sounds as if it’s belittling the religion).

Those defending Arabs have good reasons to do so. They grew up in that environment, they got educated there and some of them still live there. Only someone who’s extremely selfish, suffering from an identity crisis or amnesia would turn around and decide to hate Arabs for things as simple as the refusal of residency!

None of this is directed at the original poster by the way. I already replied to his question above.

** Ducks ** ;)

Salma   

I dont write Somali in good way but i do understand the written somali. I would like to say a somali old saying that people still mention it and use it till date. I hope i write it in write way. My father told me when i was child "Af engreesiga wa la gu fama, af Talyaneegana wa la gu dhagalama, af fransiiskana wa la gu shuukansada, af carabegana wa la gu barayataka"LOOL sorry but iam writing it in arabic way i will do my best to learn Writing the Somali. This was said by a person who hated the Arabic Language probably although its the "Language of the Quraan".

So back to the point that says Somali people belittle the Arabs, maybe that is true somehow. But not all of them for sure, still there are many who respect and admire and wish knowing Arabic Language and living in Arabic Socities with ceyaaal ca9eerka and ceyaal khaleejka as we are called by some ppl, thats make me laugh really smile.gif