Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

I have a question?

NGONGE,

What bull!

I believe we have a legitimate reason to hate Arabs (specially Saudis) if we so please, thank you very much.

Altho, I dont care much about the other reasons Somalis may dislike Arabs, I think they are more than entitled to be against them when it comes to the issue of Saudia Arabia's embargo on Somali livestock exports or.."The Saudis refuse to buy a few sick goats" as you so flippantly put it. (I feel like hitting u over the head with my shoe :mad: :mad: ).

Aside from remittances from the diaspora, the biggest and almost only foreign exchange earnings into the country (and especially into the North) is from exports of livestock. Take this away and it paralyses whatever of an economy we had left. Granted, there was a disease outbreak not too long ago which caused the Gulf States to ban livestock imports and look elsewhere, however, they still refused to lift the ban even when the disease had been eradicated.

What are the people suppose to do when they cant sell the only thing they have to sell? How are they suppose to feed themselves and their families? Are they not suppose to be angry about losing their only livelihood? Especially when the countries doing this to them are suppose to be fellow Muslims (who would rather import from countries like Australia and New Zealand)?

But as QQ's question wasn't about economics, this is all besides the point. As for Somali Arabs, well, there isnt much for me to say about them. I havent met enough of them to form an opinion. The only reason I replied was because I was so incensed by ur oh-so-casual comments.

Have a bloody day! :mad:

NGONGE   

Surely it’s a matter of business though, Barwaaqo.

Would you say the Saudis were doing it out of spite? See what I mean about the “few sick goats”? (Now, now, stop scratching your desk, you’ll ruin your nails, girl).

It is an unfortunate thing when the Saudis refuse to buy Somali livestock. However, it’s a matter of business and public health. If they believe that livestock to still be diseased then they’ll refuse to buy it, as will any other country. We can’t force them to buy it and we can’t hate them for not buying it. As fellow Muslims we can expect them to help us out with Sadaqa but they’re not really obliged to do so. Still, all this is beside the point. The government of Saudi Arabia has put the embargo in place, not the people. Why then do many Somalis profess to hate the people?

** Ducks again **

Salma   

In addition to that, If the Saudi government stop our Somali Livestock, its unfair to forget about what the Saudi Government did for the Somali nation too. There are many Somali Sheikhs who are stuyding in KSA who come back to Somalia and start teaching their ppl about Islamic Teachings. How many Quraan books that Fahad Complex print every year and goes to the Islamic World including Somalia,Millions of books free of charge not even with one fils. How many mosque and schools are opened with the Help of the Arab Countries. How many charity contributions KSA donate to Somalia. Iam not defending KSA or UAE bcz they are Arabs, but i dont forget the good things the person give me even if they hurted or mistreated me for once.

Hate the action but dont hate the nation.

Blessed   

^^ I agree with you and NGONGE. But ya'll are missing Barwaqo's point, the Saudi Government deliberately set out to sabotage the Economic development of Somalia - at a time when we really needed their support. So much for Muslim brotherhood : rolleyes:

But, I don't hate the people and I have to say that the Scholars of Mecca are some really cool people, the complete contrast of the government. It is the Scholars who have given so much to Somalis and Muslims across the world - not the ****** govrenment. The government only supports the scholars because the little service they do for the deen is whats keeping the rebbels f their backs...

Emmy

Welcome to SOL smile.gif

<-- liked the way you've represented the khaleejis :D

Emmy...You are right to a certain extent. It wouldn't be a good idea to view the whole country and its population from a single perspective. However, I find it a little hard to get past the livestock issue. Providing books, mosques and teachers is all well and good, however, it wont feed the hundreds of thousands of nomad families who relied on earnings from those exports. Those of us in the diaspora cant sustain a whole frigging country. Its hard enough to send money to immediate family only. Also, not everyone has someone who can send them money. So, its an issue of life and death as far as I am concerned. Then again, Ilaahay baa wax bixiya, and Somalis have always lived in harsh conditions. Hopefully they will survive. That, however, does not make me view Arabs in a positive light.

NGONGE,

Of course, if the animals are diseased, no country would want to buy them, however, those states still refused to remove the ban after the disease had been eradicated. I remember reading about the UN giving Somali goats and sheep the all clear. So, tell me, what reason was there for the prolonged ban?

I think its less to do with business and public health, and more to do with the Arab need to incessantly kiss white behinds (I repeat Australia and New Zealand...what's wrong with all the other countries who export livestock? :confused: ). Also, since you ask, yes...I think the Saudis were doing it out of spite.

Now, I'm not saying we, as Somalis, are not to blame for the predicament we find ourselves in. But I refuse to absolve those countries of their part of the blame either.

I suspect we can argue about this till the camels come home, so lets just agree to disagree. smile.gif

NGONGE   

Barwaaqo: Yeah, lets agree to disagree on this point. However, I wouldn’t want you to think that I’d take the Arab side over the Somali side! When push comes to shove, I’ll always stick up for my people. But, when I see or hear something that I perceive to be wrong and unreasonable, I’ll do my best to point it out.

icon_razz.gif

Qac Qaac   

maxaa adinka, u guys always arguing about wax aan la idiin dirsan, who cares if they don't take goats from us...

carabi waxay ahaayeen qablal islam dulli, islam bay cizza ku yeesheen, haddana cadaan iyo gaal jeceel dardeed waxay ku noqdeen dulli nimadooda, illa ee ayku dhagaan diintooda. sida kuwa hadda la bursanayo, oo adduunka dhan ka xaaro. baqdin darteed.

psycho sue.. and those other ppl who have similar background as u, i apologize to u guys. but pls answer my question, why most of u tend to love cadaan so much, that u willing to sell everything just so that u become like them.

Darman... lol. stereotype equals ignorace, ok quit a statement. but not reading it or listening to the person what he says also equals ignorace... don't just blurt out of nothing, first comprehend then answer... thank u, no offense.

OG_Girl   

How he came up with his majority figures.... how he polled and came up with 90 percent become westernized....since Canada is so big, how he managed to meet all the somali arabs...he must really get around like 2pac smile.gif . From the likes of you...it sounds like a somali arab girl must have chose an arab/white guy from you...lol brother love is colour blind...get with the program.......um...bro...if want to know how somali arab girls operate...maybe you should come to me for help....maybe I can help you out.....help you understand that when they maybe look like they are too westernized, they just want some one who has great personal hygiene... ;););)

salam

LuCkY   

^^^DamN GirL...WeLL WeLL what do we have here our own LittLe Dr.PhiL of course with some styLe...Arabian...Dr.Arab PhiL what time Can I come into your office for some advice? ;)

Qac Qaac Looks Like you have been busted...Lol!

Anywhoo your statement is too broad and it has no basis...no Legitimate findings...um...soLid proof to back it up so...!

There there aint much that can be said about it but you the saying WHEN IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO-HeHeHe!

Tuujiye   

Listen here miss clueless aka OG-girl...I am tired of you and you other soilor partner sailor-mars aka lucky always teaming up on this guy QQ...listen sailor moon, somali`s in canada live on places that we know and we never said all somali carabs..we said most of it and it is true..let other canadians in here tell me is not true maybe I will listen to them but you two!!I don`t think soo.

I`m defending my boy QQ yes because u guys are always baking each other in every were..na`mean..

any ways me personaly I don``t give crap about how a somali acts but aslong as he stays black I`m cool with them...I cant stand a somali white wanna be..ceeb..

ani ways ha idiin macaanaato..anigoo ah ina baqti lagde oona kumagac dheer madax wargale, oona kusii magac dheer..``abaayo soo noqo``..

Qunit rep saying peace out....

Qac Qaac   

What in the world, Did u say OG girl?... pls make sense.

Lucky busted with what, explain to me what she said.. besides u know in California, just check the arabs there, and see how they are.. afka hanagu soo taagin marax yahay. loool. admin halkaas word ii cafi nooh. lol

Tuujiye, ar tan iska daah yaakhay, nolol khiyaale ee ku nooshahay.

LuCkY   

EXCUSE U Tuujiye... IS QOOR BILAA LIIs WAXIID !

You know I have been putting up with ur LittLe asinine remarks for far too Long but now its just becoming too much for me to ignore any Longer...I dont know what the heLL ur deaL is but u had better watch ur mouth.I dont appreciate ur name caLLing/insuLts u do know peopLe aint bLind? :rolleyes:

And Ure supposed to be a grown man acting Like a LittLe five year oLd chiLd.

If you cant take a joke thats ur probLem...I didnt insuLt Qac Qaac and He didnt ask you to defend him so take ur motor mouth eLsewhere because I have no toLerance for FiLth. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LuCkY   

Qac Qaac that was suppose to be a joke and u taLK about me being sensitive and not being abLe to take a joke...get urseLF a humour radar...bisinka.

PLUs put ur sidekick in check...YaLL are unbeLievabLe.

I dont have to expLain anything OG_GirL said...its pretty seLf-expLanatory.

And as for ur topic Like I said its baseLess no soLid proof...once you get some figures a reaL tangibLe proof come back to me.

OG_Girl   

Listen here miss clueless aka OG-girl...I am tired of you and you other soilor partner sailor-mars aka lucky always teaming up on this guy QQ..

What name calling for? :confused:

Admin, U see now!

Salam