Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Would You Allow Your Husband to....

Man, u have jumped to an egotistical conclusion. I didn't want your son for the purposes of propagation. Your illusions of grandeur must be genetic and must not be allowed to continue unchallenged down the family tree. I'd have put Jr. somewhere where he wouldn't trip over his over-inflated ego and pierce his ear drums with own bombastic utterances. I'd have fed him well, even allowing him tea, TV and a boring job.

I'm a philanthrophist. What can I say? :D

NGONGE   

I'd have put Jr. somewhere where he wouldn't trip over his over-inflated ego and pierce his ear drums with own bombastic utterances. I'd have fed him well, even allowing him tea, TV and a boring job.

I'm a philanthrophist. What can I say?

Aren’t most Somali wives like that anyway? icon_razz.gif

Xoogsade   

Baashi

I was on the impression that beause of its tough regulations and rules, One was discouraged from being too quick to marry in multiples and that is why the practice(polygamy) was not commonly practiced. Men always showed reservations.

Honestly, if my father was to marry a second wife after so many years of marriage to my mother, without any sound justification or need for it, like he has a complaint about her that she is not living up to her wifely responsibilities, I wouldn't be happy about it and I would let him know my sentiments. Good thing that my father is not the type who marries a second wife. The Loyal reer magaaal at-home-type Waaye. I would be fair to him if he had no respect from mom and lived in a difficult relationship. I would understand his plight. But she takes care of him and is the bread winner for the family, So he has no excuse for another wife lol.

Anyway, this is not something a man should be too hasty in doing. Let there be a DIRE need for it first.

Aeryn Sun

Thanks. If you can fall in love, that is all there is to it about the foreswear lol.

From the narration of Sa'eed ibn Jubayr who said: Ibn Abbaas asked me: Have you married yet?? I answered no, so he said: ? Marry! For the best of this ummah are those with the most women ?

Collected by Al-Bukhaaree in the book of Marriage, chapter: Plurality of Women [no. 5069].

Baashi   

Xoogsade,

You speak for me bro. Again we can talk about how Somali men are bad or how it is difficult to run a multible wivey homes with all the lil rascals running around and how they will all be in need of care.

But that is another topic. Let's hear from the ladies, in unison chant :D , that polygamy is valid and there is nothing foolxumo about it at all. Some of the qallanjooyinka find it very difficult to concede that point.

AS,

Yeah right as if you know Somali men inside out :D What a bity! they even exist :D There are all kinds of Somali men around. I would be very reluctant to generalize Somali men and reduce them into...

Ngonge,

Sixty is the ideal age to engage in this practice :D Save some dough now and you will be set. Who knows what the medical technology have in store for such men...something better than viagara I hope :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Being on the wrong side of 60 will not stop me from finding several 16 year olds who are willing to marry me. It’s the Somali way, darling.
:D

PS

No dreams have been crushed. If and when I do it, I will only do it as some sort of service for my Somali sisters. It’s really not fair that only one woman can brag about being married to me.
icon_razz.gif

Bugger it! Nothing fazes you eh? Tell you what smarty-pants, this isnt the end of it, not by a long shot. I will knock that bravado out of you. Mark my words! :mad: :mad:

*Throws her shoe out the window* :mad:

Baashi,

It only takes one apple to spoil the whole bunch.

Xoogsade... smile.gif

Sheh...He needs to be brought down a peg or two soo maaha? Kibirkii baa ka batay! :rolleyes:

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Seven of Nine:

All I see are married men here advocating for polygamy
... that says much about the lot of you.

LoL, and who can blame them for being in favor of polygamy. With so many YIBSS (Young Intelligent & Beautiful Somali Sisters) they’re spoiled for choice. :D:D

On the other hand, the choices are limited when it comes to the sisters uncovering such brother. ;) Waa ku nasiibso and hope that the Calaf card has done you justice :D

Xoogsade   
Seven Of Nine, Don't worry about these guys. Not all somali men will marry a second wife. Just do your best to be nice and caring as much as you can once you marry. Your man won't look for another woman hopefully. Give him no excuses for another woman.

Xoogsade, I'll do no more than he does for me + wuu ku abaal qabi .... Or else 180919398-whip.gif

2Nine8Five wrote:

LoL, and who can blame them for being in favor of polygamy. With so many YIBSS (Young Intelligent & Beautiful Somali Sisters) they’re spoiled for choice.

And what will YIBSS want with used goods running on low fuel? 352832334-new_color_.gif

Xoogsade   

Seven Of Nine, Abaal Qabka wuxuu ku yimaadaa Qofka markaa u sameysid wuxuusan kaa mudan ama uusan kugu laheyn, Laakiin Ninkaaga wuu kugu leeyahay that you be nice and loving towards him. So whatever you do for him, it is an expected thing. It is typical of Somali women to view treating their husbands nicely and romantically as a weakness. Why is that?

I think there is generational difference. The Older the Somali, The more traditional(indifferent to romance), the younger the Somali, the more modern in their outlook of partnership.

Still jumping, Ngonge. I wouldn't marry Jr. I'd confine him and give him a few classes:

Control of the ego 101

Control of the ego 102

Control of the ego 103

Control of the ego infinite

If all Somali wives are like that, their husbands must be spineless and masochistic. So the reason the men seek new wives would be to explore new ways to be dominated? Is that it?

I'm seeing $ signs. Thre's money to be made here. Match-making for the downtrodden married Somali man. Feel free to PM me guys and I'll give u a personal quotation.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Laakiin Ninkaaga wuu kugu leeyahay that you be nice and loving towards him. So whatever you do for him, it is an expected thing.

I said I'll treat him like he treats me... so if he is loving and nice, So am I. If he is an insensitive creep, I'll make his life a living hell. redface.gif

Q for the guys :D . *Trying to add fuel to fire*. Which one would you rather have - a 2002 model Toyota Corrolla or a late 80ties Mercedes Benz? .... yeah... I thought so too. icon_razz.gif

Xoogsade   
Seven of Nine, Not everyone is excited about driving Late Eighty's Mercedez Benz Model lol. I think this is subjective and depends on an individual's choice(Assuming the two models stand for the age groups). What a man wants out of the relationship(Guurka) determines how he chooses. Some like the maturity that comes with age while others care only about Yaraanta Qofta for some reason of their own.