Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

A Somali Reverend.....

This is a pamphlet which have recently been circulating the Somali communities of Minnesota. Its a Somali based missionary actively working on converting Somali's to Christianity. Its run by Reverend Yaqub Mohamed who obviously was not born Christian.. I called him the other day but no one answered,,, i will try and call him tommorrow to hear the what he got..

fockingsomaligaal8go.jpg

Xoogsade   

Action Jackson, People like him are very sensitive knowing how much somalis deplore the concept of conversion and look down on idol/person worship. When you call again, I doubt if he or anyone in that office will readily give information about their activity.

OG Moti   

and he calls himself Mohamed, shame on him, wasaq fowqal wasaq, he sold out and in a cheap way.. Alla maxuu Fuuuto xumiiid diinta ugala baxay

Allah kariim

Peace

Here are some excerpts of what services they offer under false pretense to lure unsuspecting Somalis. It seems that our youths are raided right in-front of our eyes and what bothers me the most is that we Somalis (SOLERS from Minnesota) can offer the same services or better ones but I guess giving back to our communities is something we haven’t learnt yet as Somalis.

AJ, besides calling this guy and his organization, we can also put up your above post at all Somali Malls and inform the Somalis. We can even talk with Somalis communities Minnesota, Mosques’ Committees and any other Somali organizations such as MSSA. I believe we can a lot about this.

Unlike other churches and mission groups who focus on social justice and de-emphasize sharing their convictions, Mohamed and SomServ are focused on holistic ministry, including a religious dialogue component.

We would rather be open to loving and serving and sharing the Gospel." In other words, the approach of SomServ is to offer the same assistance that other groups offer - ESL, mentoring, employment assistance - but to be direct about the reasons behind its ministry.

According to Mohamed, SomServ's most active ministry thus far is Somali Adult Literacy Training (SALT), serving 120 Somali adults at five sites around the Twin Cities. With over 100 volunteers from surrounding churches, Mohamed hopes that bringing together American Christians and Somali Muslims will lead to mutual understanding and respect for one another's convictions. During the month of Ramadan, for example, Somali students share about the meaning of Ramadan, while Christian teachers will share about biblical teaching on fasting. In time, Mohamed believes some Somalis will choose to follow Christ.

SomServ has begun a program geared toward youth called Somali Youth Reach (SYR) for those looking for guidance in America. According to Mohamed, "We want to provide a bridge whereby we can work alongside them ... just guide them to right decisions and right opportunities." Other SomServ ministry programs include Safe Home, which focuses on assisting Somali women adjust to American life, and Somali Christian Project, which focuses on microeconomic empowerment.

Besides the work of SomServ, Mohamed dedicates much time to discipling the USF, the largest community of Somali Christians in America. This fellowship, a Christian community of Somalis, is the only known Somali Christian community in the U.S. While some local church leaders are reluctant to draw Somalis away from their immigrant communities and the religious teachings that hold them together, Mohamed sees an implicit stereotype in their concern.

(612) 822-4311, or fax at (612) 822-4313. Online you can e-mail them at
, or visit

Why is this stressin' folks out? I don't get it. Somalis ain't all Muslims and it's your duty to give the Message to those who don't know and leave the rest to Allah. Other than that, to each their own!

Tuujiye   

D.A sis "Lakum diinakum wiliya diin" doesn't work this way. You didn't understand the point these brothers are making..We don't care if he is "GAAL" thats between him and his creator; but what we care about is him taking his new religion to the somali community..We have to do something about this... Our new somali generations are very week walaahi..they are basicly westernized and if they don't have good parenting or if they are not in a good religous community, they might be lost.

Action Jackson, sxb you could do lots of things to fight against this man.. I wish he was in Canada.. Waan la hadli lahaa. Sxb allah guides does he wants to guide, and does that he mis-guides non can guide them back..So please inform the community much us you can about this guy and make du'a for him sxb..because Allah is qafurul Raxiim.. May allah show this lost brother the right path again..Subxanalah..

wareer badanaa!!

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

Why is this stressin' folks out? I don't get it. Somalis ain't all Muslims and it's your duty to give the Message to those who don't know and leave the rest to Allah. Other than that, to each their own!

I dont give a rats azz about him or what he believes in... i am just worried he might sway more somali's to follow his destructive path.. thats all...

Sky   

tuujy, you're damn right man. the new generation is too damn weak these days. I know Somali kids who don't believe in afterlife cuz they can't understand that there is no end to jahanama. this christian dude will nail some of these kids to his sect fo sho! isn't the minnesota somali organisation or something responsible for this shit. to protect the youth na'm sayin. where the hell are they, they need to step up!