Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

A Somali Reverend.....

Emperor   

Somali christian called Mohamed? Definetly a lost one. I have lived in Egypt and saw many Egyptian christians but never came across one called Mohamed. Simply that name is not theirs, they don't call themselves at all.

Hadii uu gaalobay isagay jirtaa, laakiin inuu cudurkiisa kufaafiyo communitiga waa in laga dagaalamaa. Minessota should teach some valuable lessons this man that will stop not only him but others to do such thing.

I know we can do it.

Caveman   

To read this wasn’t surprise to me, There was a similar Somali individual, who converted to Christianity in the late 70’s and reached the status of Bishop. I completely forgot his name, his name might have been Mohamed too, but i could be wrong, it has been a good while since i have seen the video, he has done missionary work in east Africa, North America and other places. With the help of the Allah(sw) all Mighty,, the gentleman reconverted back to Islam after calling people including Somalis to Christianity for nearly 20 years.

If you are interested his amazing story, they should have his video at your local Somali owned Islamic store. At the Video, he discusses on how he had wrestled with Christian concept of Trinity and its three divine gods in one God, And one particular Verse in Surat Al-Baqarah which got him thinking life.

I am sure that gentlemen still resides in N-America, may be the good folks of Minnesota should arrange a head to head meeting b/w these to individuals.

Salam!

Naseemah   

The Somali community should try to guide the brother back. Perhaps having healthy religious discussions with him. Show him the good character of a Muslim, be pleasant with him, give him invitations for dinner. Being gentle is the only way. Calling him a filthy gaal will only strengthen his conviction.

A somali gaal, I am yet to meet one. And to think growing up, I believed all black people to be a Muslim :D