Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

The Art Of How To Dress

^ LOL...

I suppose the prospect of having to chew food for your dear elderly and toothless hubby isnt very attractive to many young women! But since your fit n in shape, you have no worries, specially if your pension is at the higher end of the spectrum. ;)icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

What :mad: I'm offended how could u..

I got maids and few servants to attend these menial tasks! I got all kinda accessories to do the chewing part...me toothless? what u kno I got the best smile trophy... :D

Having money is something all together...perhaps you’ve been broke for ages you just can't imagine what livin’ large is all about icon_razz.gif .

Tell you what! I’m off to Virgin islands for lil leersi...if you wanna come, I see what I can do...

Baashi, am proud of you..bcoz you aint alone.

There's a Yemeni brotha at my uni who boldly puts on macawiis every other day....it was a first for me since I had no knowledge of the fact that yemenis along with Indonesians wear that special garment..lol. Anyway..keep on representing our dhaqan.

Interesting perspective some are for somali dress and others absolutely cant stand it and ofcouse some call it ancient or shall I say pre-history. Aeryn I believe history repeats itself and as they say what goes around often comes around. Ever heard of Old is gold? Well its true some of the classic old things tend to be precisely for they are rare and make a mark always. Case in one where Bashi goes to his his daily joing for coffee with his macawiis which makes him so different that he has the attention of every and they are fascinated by the fact that he walks with his stick on his shoulders kinda reminiscing his herding days. Besides taking the time to cordinate what you are going to wear is sometimes way too stressful and can easily get to one. Thats why ladies tend to talk aweek to shop for that dress and a whole evening just to come out for dinner or the occasion of the day.

Macawiis to me means comfort n smoothness. Its akind of dress that allows one to breath which makes it far better when you compare it to the tight jeans.

Ahh I see that we got some squibles going on here ...calm down folks its just amatter of opinion.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Tell you what! I’m off to Virgin islands for lil
leersi
...if you wanna come, I see what I can do...

Ahem...

*Flutters eyelashes*

Well Awoowe, if you really want some company, then of course I would oblige. You will probably need someone mobile to run errands for you here and there? Noh? ;)

<---- already envisioning the sun, sea and sand!

Baashi   

^ :D Well I guess i need to get hip replacement right away to keep up with u :D ...I'm in shape n all that but c'mon I don't wanna running in circles chasing u...remember this is leersi so i would probably be resting and....

lol@Shaqsii with stick on the shoulder thing...I got almost sued by this waitress...she was like what u need the stick for...maxaa ka dhacay hadde sheeko halaasi waa annigii u qabtey dee she said come back plz with ur bakooro n tell me more about geel n all these exotic animals...at one poit she was like do u guys use toilet paper in the hawd...[/i]

Tamina,

Kaftan aside, in Seattle most malay n folks from some island in the Pacific i can't recall its name come to the masjid fridays in macawis. They just dhoonkeer what others have to say about them...now I call that confidence.

raula   

QUOTED FROM Q_lEAP:

"Macawiis to me means comfort n smoothness. Its akind of dress that allows one to breath which makes it far better when you compare it to the tight jeans."

must have another ventilation outlet somewhere? :confused: :confused: ;)

Tuujiye   

Tamina..in my university our somali student association have an special day for culture. So most of the somali guys their wear their macawiis on that day. But I wear it atleast 5 times a month just for fun.

Sniper   

Macawiis has always been good, for all the mentioned features...Thank God for my red SABARINDI, i just like the smell of it mixed with uunsi and catar, and all pleasures that come with happy, young marriage.

Baashi   

DA, qaxootiis rock u should befriend them :D Start with my friend Gediid :D

Gediid, what uunsi...its for them ladies innit?