Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Cycling Somali Girl/Woman

Johnny B   

I´ve observed that Somalis lack the culture of cycling ,

Although Somali families buy bikes for both their sons and daughters.

ONLY the boyz continue biking into manhood, while Girlz quit biking at an early age of gilrhood.

I´ve even observed that most Somali girlz rather drive cars than bike.

why is it so? What is wrong with the biking culture.

Where is that healthy/active Cycling Somali Girl/Woman?

Muhammad   

what hapaned to your otherwise active neurons sxb?

how hard is it to ride a bike with a goono or hijaab?

or is to raise the style of clothing your hidden objective? :D

Rowda   

I did had a bike back home but in our culture it was mostly a boy thing to do. After not riding a bike good ten years, I chose to ride my bothers bike one night but (waxaa iga qabsatay sheekadii xiin faniind) horrible accident and never ride again! I have to admit though there is something save about driving car, u ar confort zone compare to the bike plus speed driving is my thing 125mph. pls dont try this at home! Go the gym if u looking for healthy living.

STOIC   

Johny, am afraid our little precious daughters may suffer an acute mountain bike sickness .When people go to high elavations like on top of a bike sit, they may hyperventilate .This will produce some sort of lower respiratory alkalosis :D .

Katrina   

That's an easy answer. With all the pressure on Somali girls to maintain their proof of virginity biking is a big NO NO! Like the FGM, tampon vs. pad, multiple wives issue weren't hard enough on girls they need ever edge to keep their eager to complain male counterparts complacent. In summary that's why biking for girls is frowned up/discouraged in our culture.

Peace & Love...

Nephissa   

"Maintain proof of what?" That's totally unfair, and a bunch of crap.

Contrary to popular belief, not every girl can't ride a bicycle. I've been riding it since I was this tall (|.) I may be devirginezid, but I'm proud of it. I like riding in the Park. Something most Somalis can't comprehend.

Those who judge based on a virginity, can kiss my **bleep**

PS: I've never seen an athletic built Pharah ridding a bike! Impressed I am. There's a hope afterall.

Katrina arintaasi waan maqley also.Lakiin I heard that after some girls have fgm performed it is highly uncomfortable more then anything else ma'aha?

Bishaaro dont you just miss riding during the summer season though?It is so nice riding just when the qorax is not so intense (5-7pm)

I detest winter with a passion wallahida.

Johnny B.When most girls grow up are maybe focused on alot of things(school,work ect)I, personally know alot who have no time.

There is something un-islamic about it. I can't bear seeing a woman riding a ****** bike, let along a muslim girl. Nah! Bad. Do not do it!

It is also said that when the female equality movement was sorta its infancy in the West, the sight of a woman riding a bike was a SIGN - kind of saying to the fellas....look at me, I too can do it!

There is something un-modest about it! That is, as they say, my personalment gut-feeling.

Simply_I   

Is it discouraged for a girl to ride a bike in our culture?

I didn't know that. My 32 year old auntie used to ride a bike (ok that was a few years ago) yet my granny never objected.

I personally do not like riding on a bike anymore its jus so tiring especially with all the traffick around, you have to keep looking around and pray to finish your journey safely.

And of course it wouldn't look right with the way i dress.

Plz lets not bring fgm into the topic....ok its wrong but it doesn't render you disabled!!

PS.last time the topic was brought up havoc broke loose in SOL, lets take a break for a while.

Simply_I   

Originally posted by GEEL-JIRE:

There is something un-islamic about it. I can't bear seeing a woman riding a ****** bike, let along a muslim girl. Nah! Bad. Do not do it!

It is also said that when the female equality movement was sorta its infancy in the West, the sight of a woman riding a bike was a SIGN - kind of saying to the fellas....look at me, I too can do it!

There is something un-modest about it! That is, as they say, my personalment gut-feeling.

True!!looool

I was going to say that wallahi but then i thought i was the only one who thought so(you know dirty mind)??.

bwahahahahaha!

Are you serious?

Castro   

Your gut and your argument, sir, are both full of shidh.

Katrina   

Bishaaro, calm down. I'm just answering the man's question, don't kill the messenger. I never said I believed that crap but that is the attitude and underlying mentality of our ignoramous community, no?

Preach on brother Castro. :D