Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Cycling Somali Girl/Woman

Simply_I   

Originally posted by GEEL-JIRE:

There is something un-islamic about it. I can't bear seeing a woman riding a ****** bike, let along a muslim girl. Nah! Bad. Do not do it!

There is something un-modest about it! That is, as they say, my personalment gut-feeling.

Devils advocate, shezerade and castro:

I dont see what's exceptionally amusing about geeljire's remark.

As muslims especially women there are certain etiquettes that must be observed when in public (like laughing aloud, speaking aloud, shouting from one side of the street to the other).

I found the comment useful bcos it confirmed the suspicion that i thought it was provoking.

And now in fact i think it is unislamic too bcos if it bothers one guy then it must bother others.

x_quizit   

^^ So women shouldn't ride because it might bother guys? bwahahahahaha! Its funny how a woman on a bike can intimidate a farax into thinking, first a bike, next she'll want a motorcycle, the nerve!

Nothing unislamic about it, its all a cultural taboo that continues to inhibit women anyway they can. :mad: ex. I used to ride as a child, but when i asked to ride around 12 or so, I was told by a relative, "ladies do not open their legs" :eek: ... So u see, its linked with the idea that if u open ur legs for a bike, naturally, next it will be for a geel-jire. i see the wisdom in that :rolleyes: Im so proud of our culture that displays such enormous faith and trust in us.

Simply_I   

Originally posted by x_quizit:

^^ So women shouldn't ride because it might bother guys? bwahahahahaha! Its funny how a woman on a bike can intimidate a farax into thinking, first a bike, next she'll want a motorcycle, the nerve!

Oh my goodness!! :rolleyes:

This is proving to be more difficult to explain then i thought should be needed.

I wasn't talking about the competition of the sexes here.

I've used the word "bother" instead of "sexually provoking".

Think about the position of the body when riding a bike.......first you have to wear trousers as you cant ride a bike with a skirt.And second your *** is half way in the air.

Cant believe ive jus said that. redface.gif

x_quizit   

Why should it bother them to begin with?

U've just contradicted urself, it becomes "sexually provoking" when just as u explained u noticed her legs and her **** in the air. but im sure u meant they just wanna keep us modest and not "provoke" others, since all our good brothers have their gazes lowered. Got it :rolleyes:

I've used my example to highlight other views, may not necessarily be urs, but when i was told i couldn't ride, it was insinuated that riding bikes may lead to whoredom.

Also, women can wear pants, (can be loose) with a long top, doesn't mean that her shirt would be riding her mid section and her booty would be on display. There are plenty of ways to cover urself, the issue is, no one should be able to choose for another, and one sex definetly shouldn't choose for another.

^You know what I consider funny and at the same time baffling? The same people who are against women wearing pants because it says in the quran 'men shouldnt imitate woman and vise versa' do not bat an eyelish when men wear khamiis, cimaamad and macawiis which oddly---get this--resemble a dress, hijaab and a skirt! :eek: :eek: :eek:

x_quizit   

Its a man's world, and we're just wrecking it with our "radical" ideas. Gotta love it :cool:

I love all the double standards, they make my day smile.gif

Simply_I   

i see the wisdom in that Im so proud of our culture that displays such enormous faith and trust in us.

I've used my example to highlight other views, may not necessarily be urs, but when i was told i couldn't ride, it was insinuated that riding bikes may lead to whoredom.

Thats sad i guess not all somalis insinuate that.

I was never allowed to play football outside but riding bikes was never a problem.

Castro   

^ You people want equality when in reality you're not equal to us. Ride a bike kulaha. War atheer get over it and get into the kitchen. Remove your slippers first. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

ur right atheer, we're above u, since we're not conflicted in thinking with 2 heads, and often choosing the wrong one.

You mean biggie and smalls? Indeed, atheer. Caqligaan kugu jecelahay. :D

Simply_I   

x_quisit darling, i havent contradicted my self read the post again hopefully you'll get it this time.

:D you macho female --------->go hercules go go.

sorry jus too sleepy.