Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

ROMEO AND JULIET IN SOMALILAND

BOB   

Originally posted by 'Chief:

Bob

Are you saying sayid was from so-called "Somaliland" as well? [/QB]

Salam Aleikum W.W

You seem to have misunderstood completely the point I was trying to make here and I kindly request you to go back and re-read what I wrote.

Geographically speaking 'Politics aside' YES Sayid Muhammad would be from North West but today is known as Somaliland and Togdheer is part of that region...Remeber I said POLITICS ASIDE but still he was a Somali hero where even in his death he still continues to be loved and admired whole heartedly...again I say POLITICS ASIDE.

Bob, Where Are You From?

I'm from Kismayo and NEVER EVER expect me to sit here and say I'm from Jubbaland...Kismayo, Lower Juba is good enough for me and PLEASE by saying that there's no politics involved simply because I was born in Kismayo...full stop.

If we look at the tribal somali politics, the sayid is from Puntland, but that is wrong to say, because Sayid is from Somalia/"Qaran" and not reer-hebel-land

I wasn't talking about Tribal garbage but Geography...marka don't get confused my dearest Brother...

Sayidku waxuu ku dhashay Buuhoodle

That's the version people with tribe infested minds like you to believe my brother, Buuhoodle isn't in Puntland but Togdheer...even my 2 year old niece knows that, but SAC MADEEQ which is the TRUE birth place of Sayid Muhammad is indeed Togdheer,its a small town near Buuhoodle but it's neither Buuhoodle nor Puntland...but TOGDHEER and I completely REJECT for any tribe to claim the sole "ownership" of any Somali hero/Icon as their own even if its my own...I find that ridiculous.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Cilmi Boodhari si dhab ah buu ujeclaa Hodan... Somalis these days find that hard to believe because they know they're not capable of loving anyone other than themselves marka they think qof waliba inuu sidooda oo kale SELFISH yahay.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Nehanda   

I don’t see what the fuss is about stating the exact birth place and tribe of Cilmi or Sayid. The aim of the author is not to disassociate Cilmi from the rest of Somalia but simply tell a story. So what if he is from Berbera or Mogadishu, does that make him less of a Somali? To state and be proud of one’s lineage does not equate ugliness it is those individuals that misuse it that are ugly.

BOB   

Originally posted by Nehanda:

So what if he is from Berbera or Mogadishu, does that make him less of a Somali?

to some of us here it seems it does, as hideous as that may sound...!

Peace, Love & Unity.

Nehanda   

Nef.Ari.ous in reply to you q, I would say that you simply gone bonkers. How would they know that something died of a broken heart unless of course the heart stop bumping due to blocked arteries.

Liibaan   

Asalaamu Calaykum,

Only qabiilists with tribal mentality like you yaa bob think that Buuhoodle is part of so-called Somaliland (reer hebel land), its better for you to stop this tribal garbage whether it is politics, geography or social

As I said, its enough to say a great Somali leader is born in that particular city or he is from Somalia, however its wrong to say he his from reer hebel land even geographically.

Sayid Max’ed Sheekh C/lle Xasan wuxuu ku dhashay dhulka loo yaqaano Ciid Nugaaleed ama Laaso oo ah Degmada Buuhoodle, Baliga la yiraahdo (Sacmadeeqo) oo magaalada Buuhoodle 7 Meyl u jirta kana xigta dhinaca waqooyi, wuxuu dhashay Guga la baxay Gobeysane waxaana la sheegay in uu ahaa gu’barwaayo ah oo dad iyo duunyo wixii dhashay ay hanna qaad noqdeen, wuxuuna dhashay abaaraha markay taariikhdu ahayd 1856,

Sacmadeeqo is Just 7 miles north of Buuhoodle Town, Sacmadeeqo is rural area and its not a town

Sacmadeeqo is a town now that is a laughable, you really don’t know what you talking about, your 2-year old niece and you have very low IQ, runtii isma caqli dhaantaan,

Sacmadeeqo is plains near Buuhoodle Town, used as pastoral land, in Somali they call it, Baliga Sacmadeeqo

I agree the Sayid is born in Sacmadeeqo area, Buuhoodle District, Togdheer province of Somalia.

However, in reality today Buuhoodle District became a new province called Cayn, just like how today Somaliland and Puntland are new terms in Somali geography. 'Politics aside'

Buuhoodle town is in Cayn Province (the former Buuhoodle district of Togdheer), and Cayn province is part of Puntland region,

Togdheer province is divided like many other Somali province such Sanaag, Mudug, Lower Juba, Middle Juba and lower shabelle

For example today, West Togdheer is part of Somaliland, while southern and Eastern Togdheer is part of Puntland, same with Sanaag; Western Sanaag is part of Somaliland, while Eastern Sanaag is part of Puntland, and North Mudug is part of Puntland while southern Mudug isn’t part of Puntland. Geographically speaking “politics aside”

You can’t say all Togdheer is part of Somaliland, just like you can’t all Mudug is part of Puntland

mapgen.php?region=1146

Above, you will find the map of Woqqoyi Galbeed province “Northwest”, and Northwest/Woqooyi Galbeed is province just like Awdal, Lower Juba, Banaadir or Bakool that’s if you speaking about geography, in this case the geography of Somalia

However, you talking about politics and not geography, in reality you talking about the irrelevant former British Somali colony (British Somali Protectorate) and the current tribal clan-fiethdom (self-declared state of Somaliland) since it unjustly claims all the territories of former British Somali colony.

Puntland is another tribal entity just like Somaliland

If You don’t believe me, ask folks from Buuhoodle, is Buuhoodle Town and Buuhoodle district (Sacmadeeq is part of Buuhoodle district) is part of Somaliland? I am sure 99% of these natives will tell you that Buuhoodle is part of Somalia and NOT the tribal entity fiethdom of Somaliland, and for sure the majority of them will agree that Buuhoodle is part of Puntland , Just like the way the majority of the folks in Hargeyso, Burco will that their towns are part of Somaliland

junsawir3.jpg

junbodh.jpg

junboodh.jpg

Above is how people of Buuhoodle celebrated on Somali independence days of June 26 and July 1 of 2007

As I said before, Buuhoodle is the birthplace of the Sayid, and Taleex was the headquarter of the Daraawiish – pan-Somaliweyn liberation movement, both these two historic towns have the noble blue Somali flag still flying over their skies, whoever wants to visit must bring with him Somali flag.

Back to topic,

Although, today the birthplace of Sayid a place near Buuhoodle is part of Puntland region, I believe its unacceptable to say Sayid was from Puntland, Sayid is from either Buuhoodle or Somalia nothing between, he was a great national hero who fought for his country Somalia for more than 20 years against colonial invaders in many parts of Somali peninsula

Again, by saying Cilmi Bodheri or any other somali icon is from “reer hebel land” show how you believe the tribal nonsense

Take Care,

Originally posted by Nehanda:

Nef.Ari.ous in reply to you q, I would say that you simply gone bonkers. How would they know that something died of a broken heart unless of course the heart stop bumping due to blocked arteries.

That is why I said they have favoured the use of rhetorics over professional journalism and added a sarcastic hooray. Was it really that arduous to understand? My apologies. 9/10 times I'm misunderstood/not understood at all, and when I finally am understood, I disgust people. (kidding)

Do re-read my previous post, I'm sure we both agree.

Ibtisam   

Boodhari was a Somalilander and he will always be a somalilander, because he cannot be reborn in a different area. Further more the people who are from Somaliland are more likely to be aware or more familiar with his work, because they probably supported him, spread his word, up held his legacy, over looked his mistakes long before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. Everyone did not receive his work at the same time, nor did he miraculous appear, spread his own work, advertised himself and sustained his own legacy after he died. Every artist/ legend is raised by a community who initially support him because they are aware of their talent/ gift (this includes the prophet by the way)

Someone from other parts of Somalia may have only heard of him long after he died, or heard a vague account of his work, may never have seen him, where as a SomaliLander at his time may have lived near him, traveled with, shared some food, went to a wedding together, participated in his burial, heard his recitations for himself rather than thorough 2nd /3rd party. For the younger generation, they maybe be a far descendent of his family, or they eat at the restaurant, met a relative of his or some sort of encounter while dwelling in the same land.

I find it disturbing that grown a*ss men cannot comprehend that a national icon has an identity, he is from reer-hebel hebel, who are closer and dear to him than you. It is illogical to assume that everyone else has an identity (which is different from nationality or Qaran) but national icons, haada maa gaarac baa miis ciika uu kaa soo daacy??

While no one has "ownership" of any Somali hero/Icon, it is ridiculous to assume they dropped out of the sky with no family/ clan or heritage, pointing out their identity does not take anything from him, and people who objecting to it do so because their small hateful mind cannot comprehend simple facts, maybe you are having a hard time that someone you some what value is claimed by something you dislike so much. The truth of the matter is, the only reason people are objecting is because of their dislike for Somaliland does not sit well with admiring someone from that same place they dislike. Maybe you need to remember that aside from being a current political entity, Somaliland is a region which a significant percentage of the Somali population hails from, that should easy your discomfort, without making a spectacular a*ss of yourself.

Chief has gone several length to prove that Sayid is from Puntiland and not Somaliland, posting maps and pictures as evidence, only to conclude with

Again, by saying Cilmi Bodheri or any other Somali icon is from “reer hebel land” show how you believe the tribal nonsense

Right! And I assume you just posted this lengthy thread pinpointing exactly where he hails from and if it is in lalaland or doublelalaland for the fun of it, because after all according to you no one has any special claims over him so it does not really matter if he is from Burco or Kismayo or lalaland.

You said

he was a great national hero who fought for his country Somalia for more than 20 years against colonial invaders in many parts of Somali peninsula

Great, wonderful…....hang on, are you saying staying where he is from hinders his achievements, so he must cut all traces to that place in order to have a legacy?? or that it makes him any less somali?

I've ignore this thread for a while because it is pointless argument, that fact it has reached 7pages is sad reflection of our deterioration. It is even more embarrassing that “some” of you debating this pointless stupi*dity normally pride yourself above the average Somali mind, and may even think of yourself as an intellect.

BOB   

Only qabiilists with tribal mentality like you yaa bob think that Buuhoodle is part of so-called Somaliland (reer hebel land), its better for you to stop this tribal garbage whether it is politics, geography or social

Was that really necessary? You could've made your point without resorting to name calling my brother.

Ma jecli muranka faraha badan ee aan macnaha laheyn, Ra'yigeyga ayaan dhiibtay I'm sorry hadaadan ku qancin but that DOES NOT give you the right to call me names...marka Walaal aniga ma arko wax aan hadalka usii wado ee RAALI NOQO.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Blessed   

Xiinow,

Waaxay diplodiishkan aad nagu wadid? Hadaad aniga gar isiisay maxaad 'Me'na kala doonaty?

Dad is khilaafay sax mawada noqon karaan but since aynu heshiis nahay Mr. Xiinow, waa lagu samaaxay. :D

Way cadahay inuu yarka 'Me' (and you) aad bilaa rasaas tihiin. You can't base an argument only on what JB posted elsewhere or throw accusations based on mere assumption- that would be reading too much into text. Markaa wax kale oo aad 'Me' ku maslaxdo doono.

Also, Somaalinimo wey idinka daashey, :D give her a break, eh?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

I find it disturbing that grown a*ss men cannot comprehend that a national icon has an identity, he is from reer-hebel hebel, who are closer and dear to him than you. It is illogical to assume that everyone else has an identity (which is different from nationality or Qaran) but national icons, haada maa gaarac baa miis ciika uu kaa soo daacy??

While no one has "ownership" of any Somali hero/Icon, it is ridiculous to assume they dropped out of the sky with no family/ clan or heritage, pointing out their identity does not take anything from him, and people who objecting to it do so because their small hateful mind cannot comprehend simple facts

And she comes back with a roar.

It's an interesting point of discussion. At what point is a mention of rer-hebel-hebel useful in a discussion? Does the mention of it gratuitously not connote rather clearly 'ownership'? I think there is a fine line there and at some point you can't have rer-hebel-hebel without meaning ownership. And for 'national' icons it has particular importance.

Personally, I wouldn't include that information in any post unless absolutely vital. But the original post simply linked to another site so the fuss there is somewhat strange to me.

Chimera   

I see where Me is coming from and understand why he's alarmed by this article, the Somali opinion towards those that don't hail from their clan is always fluid, i've seen individuals who were Pan Somali people returning as bitter qabiilists after a short stay at a disgusting somali teenage website which i won't name

cause the qabiilists there; used Poets, Historical figures, Sports men and women, Shaykhs, musicians etc etc against one another like the myopic individuals they are and tried to boast supremacy based on qabiil

these type of discussions planted a evil seed in these ''Pan-Somali people'' hearts (probably without them even realizing it) and slowly they started resenting the great men and women they once loved for simply being Somali and now started worshipping those they shared a qabiil with

It's sad how the whole entire non british white race can take pride in J.R Tolkien despite him coming from a different country than theirs, it's even sadder how the Irish or Scotsmen can take pride in the same individual despite the painfull history their people and his people shared at times in the past yet some myopic Somalis feel like putting everything Somali down just because the individual isn't related to them

unless Somali people shake off this qabiil cloak great Somali men and women in whatever profession they are will never receive the type of respect and admiration they deserve, their work and achievements will never reach the masses it's intended for and they will simply dissappear as many before them did.

very sad!

Liibaan   

Originally posted by BOB:

That's the version people with tribe infested minds like you to believe my brother, Buuhoodle isn't in Puntland but Togdheer...even my 2 year old niece knows that

Bob, it was you who first resorted to name calling even bringing to your innocent 2 years old niece into the debate to insult me,

DOES NOT give you the right to call me names

Well, you have no right as well to insult and call me names, waxa horay somalidu u tidhi ninkii banaankiisa mara maradiisu geed ma qabsatu

Markii intaad dadka aflagaadeyso haa dhihin maxaa saa loo dhahay

Why you couldn’t say what you think without insults in the first place?

Anyways, hadal badan haan ma buuxsho

Waa runtaa mar haduu hadalku hadalkaa gaaro waxaa wanaagsan in la joojiyo

Xanthus,

Chief has gone several length to prove that Sayid is from Puntiland and not Somaliland,

Actually I have said its wrong to say a national icon is from reer hebel land,

The following is what I have said, in case you missed;

Although, today the birthplace of Sayid a place near Buuhoodle is part of Puntland region, I believe its unacceptable to say Sayid was from Puntland, Sayid is from either Buuhoodle or Somalia nothing between,

In reality today, the birthplace of the Sayid a place near Buuhoodle is part of the Puntland region, and the birthplace of Cilmi Bodheri Berbera is part of Somaliland region , politics aside

Originally posted by Xanthus:

Great, wonderful…....hang on, are you saying staying where he is from hinders his achievements, so he must cut all traces to that place in order to have a legacy?? or that it makes him any less somali?

We have many great Somali icons from all Somali regions with admirable achievement and outstanding legacy, so place is not a factor

The place will not make any somali more or less somali , since all Somalis are equally Somali, being a somali means either you are a citizen of Somalia, or you are member of an ethnic group called somali

In Somalia, all Somalis are citizens of Somalia, regardless of their birthplace

The founding father of the modern Somali Republic and the first president of Somalia honorable Adam Abdullah Osman was born in Baladweyne, Hiiraan region

Cabdillahi Suldaan Timacadde was a great somali poet was born in the small town of Galoolley, near Gabiley, Woqooyi Galbeed region

From Kana siib Kana saar (26kii Juun 1960)

“Calankaannu sugaynaye

Sahankiisa ahaynow

Seermaweydo hillaacdayow

Sagal maanta darroorayoo

Siigadii naga maydhayow

Saq dhexaannu ahayne

Kii soo saaray cadceeddow

Samada kii u ekaaye

xiddigaa mid la siiyayow

Saaxirkii kala guurraye

Sarreeyow ma-nusqaamow

An siduu yahay eegno e