Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

ROMEO AND JULIET IN SOMALILAND

N.O.R.F   

^LoL

Hmm i wonder if the title was R&J in Djabouti and she refered to Djabouti if he would react in the same way?

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by me:

Northerner and Jacaylbaro I have made my point.

An invalid point at that!

Like the guy was obsessed with Hodan you are obsessed with anything Somaliland :D

me   

No a valid point.

The arts should not be politicized.

Calling me obsessed it atleast an upgrade from being called a hater. Thats typical Northerner, resorrting to name callings. Don't you know that name callings don't help the 'debate'.

Now the question you are avoiding all day is, should the arts stay above Somali poltics?

Its a simple question. Its not hard. Its easy. So answer it.

N.O.R.F   

Not a valid point

You are yet to explain how its politised when a non-Somali wrote the piece :confused: She lives and works in SL and not Woqooyi Galbeed according to her. Call her ignorant if you like laakin there is nothing political in it. You are the one politicising it :rolleyes:

me   

First of all congratulations on the 6666 posts.

Ta labaad its a valid point, not that I expect of you to admit that.

I am glad you admitted she works in the secessionist enclave. We are moving forward. Whats next is she married to Riyaales cousin. And is this article not lobbying for the secessionist cause while using the Somali arts?

It seems like you are falling over your previous comments Northerner.

N.O.R.F   

Me, ahh clutching straws

You chose to politicise it mate, i took you to task and you failed, end of story.

me   

Northerner,

I choose to point out those that are using Somali arts for the lobbying purposes of the secessionist enity.

You also choose to ignore a dircet question that was asked repeatedly.

Should the Somali arts stay above politics?

how many times we should answer that question ,,, you better read the answers before you write it again like TASBIIX.

Now stop what you doing and enjoy the story.

me   

You havent't answered it. You dodged as usual.

JB please pay attention to Duke's style. You could learn allot from him.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by me:

No need, we can discuss the situation here.

The question this topic raises is.

Are the arts above clannism? is it our poet? our singer? our writter? or is it a Somali poet, Somali singer, Somali writter?

I could never understand you, saaxib! One minute, you bleat on and on and on about Somali unity and tradition! Yet, the next you try to brush aside the actual point of Somali poetry! If I were someone from Berbara I would say that that poet was OUR poet. In the same way that Northerner would tell you that Hadrawi is HIS poet. You can be impressed by their words and enjoy some reflected glory because they recite their poetry in your language but you have nothing to do with these poets.

We had this conversation before, my friend. You can't just ignore all the traditions that makeup Somali society to suit your crazy unity ideas. In fact, tell me please: do you know of any Somali poet that did not (at least once) write a poem about (or praising) his own clan? Do such people exist?

You can't attempt to unite people if you don't pay attention to the basics.

Intel   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Sxb jacayl baa laga sheekaynayaa ,, this is about love not about
politics

You can go to politics section to discuss this.

JB

if the title of the story was ROMEO AND JULIET IN SOMALIA ... would you post it? :D