Sign in to follow this  
Sensual_Healing

Ladies lets exchange Recipes:

Aaliyyah   

check this out guys mashallah loved her recipe, it seems easy to follow. Inshallah I will try it out in the morning...and oh my god her spatula is so large it made me laugh for some reason but I want one just like it inshallah..:)

salaam

Aaliyyah   

^tried this recipe and came out great..laakin habartan cad is making few pieces for her two kids bana isidhi kulaheed mostly one of everything is enough...Instead of three of everything I ended up making four of everything nd I still ended up with 24 pieces and I was too lazy to make a new mixture so next morning I will try five of everything :)..

salaam

Fazliyah   

Fried Plantains recipe in Somalia I think in Moos bukeeni la dhihi jiray but I'm not sure

This fried plantains recipe taste best when the plantains are almost black in color. The sweetness of the plantain, along with the butter creates a taste that is very decadent and delicious.

4 extra ripe plantains

4 tablespoons of butter

salt to taste

Peel the plantains and cut them on the diagonal in about 1-inch slices. Set aside.

In a heavy cast iron or large skillet melt the butter on medium heat. Add the sliced plantains and fry until golden brown on each side for about four minutes.

Remove the plantains from the pan and place on a paper plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/plantains.jpg/

raula   

^^^yum..love plantains..just had some last week + cassava(yuka) & sweet potatoes (yams) at this haiti restuarant in town along w/.

i concur w/Garowe gal..indeed if you add cream (even better a bit of heavy cream or even half & half-that some use for coffee/tea) & make the batter light (as in not so thick)..the beed comes out awesome. I do add small cream also when i am making french toast then top it w/crushed corn flakes before pan-frying (top skillet) it.

Aaliyyah   

easy to follow. Those of you who want to learn howta make somali rice, give this a shot.

Althou instead of water I use "maraq"

salaam

p.s blue it is not my strength either. But, the more you practice the better you get at it, just like everything else in life.

Ms MoOns   

Baked macaroni with bechamel sauce

This is from a blog called SomaliFoodBlog on youtube.

I've been following them for a while now and their recipes are simple and delish.

Thought they were worth mentioning :)

Aaliyyah   

^ good stuff. Thank you.

p.s althou the person is using way too much oil/butter - I am not sure if that is healthy.

Aaliyyah;843568 wrote:

easy to follow. Those of you who want to learn howta make somali rice, give this a shot.

Althou instead of water I use "maraq"

salaam

p.s blue it is not my strength either. But, the more you practice the better you get at it, just like everything else in life.

That's how I look at it too, i'm in the practising mode right now I notice I get better with the day. Compared to last year i've made alot of progress so yes i'm happy with the results but still i've no passion for cooking. I'm gonna search myself a chef no more hassle :D

Aaliyyah   

Ms MoOns;845155 wrote:
lol yh I wouldn't recommend using that much as well, adjust it to your own preferences
:)

Lol yeah most definitely I will adjust it. I never use even quarter cup of oil..less than that. Kana markaan arkay labo half cup of saliida iyo butter ayaanba naxay. Cafimaadkisa miyu nacay. Milix iyo saliidba wa la iska alaaliya sis. Other than that, your suggested recipe is amazing.

salaam

Ms MoOns   

Thanks ukhti. It's definitely a little bit different than your usual baasto al foorno, great taste nevertheless. Although when I tried it, the bechamel sauce turned out to be way too much, ended up throwing away almost half of it :( Might wanna half it next time lol

I personally love their blog cuz of the measurements, ingredients and steps on the screen.

Check out their other recipes as well :)

Wa alaykum salaam.

Ps. Love the puddle cookies you posted earlier. Will try them in shaa'allah