Sign in to follow this  
Sensual_Healing

Ladies lets exchange Recipes:

Ms MoOns   

*Blessed;712101 wrote:
I'm telling you girl, I end up eating have the stuff myself. I've got a right sweet tooth.
:(
I like no cook recipes, like banana banoffee, tiramisu, tarts but I often make cupcakes with my little one. I love apple crumble too. Yum. I'm craving some now. What are you into?

That sounds all mmm. I've never tried the banana banoffee. It looks delish though.

Mind putting up the recipe for that sometime? (:

I often make (chocolate) bundt cake. Love it.

Oh and my mum loves apple cake, so I do that one very often.

I have been craving timir cake (sticky date pudding) for a bit and I found an easy recipe on FB. Looking to try it some time this week I'A. Here is the recipe:

Sticky Date & Chocolate Pudding

Serves 12

date_pudding.jpg

Ingredients

PUDDING

1 cup chopped dates

½ cup boiling water

125g butter, soft at room temperature

¾ cup brown sugar

2 eggs, room temperature

1½ cups self raising flour

1/3 cup Cocoa Powder

½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda

1 cup milk

CARAMEL SAUCE

1¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar

80g butter

250ml cream

Method

1. Preheat oven to 190ºC conventional or 170ºC fan forced.

2. Cover dates with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes.Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.

3. Add eggs gradually until well combined.

4. Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate soda.

5. Add to creamed mixture with drained dates and milk. Beat on medium speed for a further 30 seconds.

6. Spoon into greased 1/3 cup muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

7. Drizzle with Caramel Sauce and enjoy.

8. To make the Caramel Sauce, combine ingredients in medium saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Simmer without stirring, 3 minutes

Blessed   

God, I love Timir cake. It's one of those dishes which I find intimidating to make but that recipe looks pretty straight forward, Val. Thanks for sharing.

MsMoons

This is an easy recipe, this is neater than making a pie -- 'm try this with a muffin case. There are variations and the original uses pastry rather than biscuits but I prefer the crunch of the biscuit base.

little-banoffee-pies.jpg_e_be4a040f41dfb

Little banoffee pies

•Serves: 6

•Prep time: 10 mins

•Cooking time: 40 mins

•Total time: 50 mins

Base

•225g (8oz) digestive biscuits

•85g (3oz) butter, melted

Filling:

•397g can Carnation Caramel

•3 small bananas

•150ml carton whipping cream, softly whipped

•cocoa powder to finish

You will also need:

•6 individual 9 cm (3½in) loose-bottomed flan tins

•Alternatively use a deep 18 cm (7in) spring-form cake tin, greased

Method

1.Crush the biscuits in a blender or in a double-lined bag with a rolling pin. Combine the crushed biscuits with the melted butter.

2.To make the pie bases use the back of a teaspoon to press the mixture into the base and sides of the tins. Chill for about 20 minutes.

3.Divide the Carnation Caramel between the bases.

4.Remove the pies from the tins. Slice the bananas, reserve six for the top and fold the rest into the softly whipped cream.

5.Spoon the mixture over the caramel, decorate with a banana slice and dust with the cocoa.

BTW.. If you can't find the carnation caramel, get a can of carnation milk put it in a large pan filled with water and boil for three hours. Keep topping up the water, the can has to be completely submerged in the water or you might end up with a nasty explosion.

Aaliyyah   

Today I made suqaar. Following this dude's recipe. He refrained frm adding water and it turned out great! Check it out :) btw I failed to understand why he has music in the background while hes talking..that annoys me ! Otherwise, he is an amazing cook!

Ms MoOns   

I agree walaashiis, the background music was very annoying! I could barely hear what he was saying!

But nevertheless, nice recipe! Will try it sometime!

Ms MoOns   

Ms. Moons Try this lady's desserts, her instructions are easy to follow.

That looks really good! I am not to keen on banana's but I don't hate it as well.

Am gonna try it out! I wonder if this works out with other sorts of fruit...

Seriously this ladys instructions are wicked lol xita shaaha sida lo kariyo baan ka baranaya..my shaah never comes out right

Looll, shaah xitaa! Well, did her method work out for you? lol

I don't make Somali shaah too often. I keep it simple with teabag, water, sugar, milk and sometimes cinnamon for the nice smell :D

But if there's marti, I'll have to do it properly with the qorfo iyo heel :P

Aaliyyah   

Ms Moons the link i gave u has too many diffeent desserts i think u have to scroll down..

yeah man xitaa shaah..aniga waxaanba ka daalay ayeeyo o dhahada naa shahan farxalka yaa so kariyay :D..

Aaliyyah   

Yea ms moons her method did work for me. My shaah came out wonderful for teh first time LOL..

Anyways, does anyone have any more recipes? I want to try something new preferably desserts :D

Aaliyyah   

http://tammyssomalihome.blogspot.com/2008/07/kac-kac.html

I am gonna try this. Will let u know hw it goes..

bt i got confused over the ingredients, she said 1 1/2 tsp..so I wasnt sure if it was one cup of milk and 1/2 tsp..or whether it was 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp..googled it lol..and figured it was the latter like 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp of milk!..walahi what would I DO without google lol..

salaam