Sign in to follow this  
Abaay Heylay

would you...?

Are we talking about control in all the decision making that involves (man+ wife+kids) in all family matters or is there a cleavage in the power domination?

Give me control and I shall give you love and everything that comes with it- what if god-forbid, she ask’s for the same consideration ie she takes control and give love and all that comes with it to the man… btw love is a myth, nothing but wine for the brains so why settle for an unvalued commodity, while control need I say more?

Nephissa   

Uneducated men do not turn me on. What would we talk about? There is only so much we could say about the geelii uu raaci jire! Call it anything you like, but uneducated is NOT hot.

underdog   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Yet is the women with the problems and insecurities.Yaab baadan. It would seem there is a valid reason for not falling off a cliff.

Of course its the the women who have the insecurities.

*The fear of being let down

*The fear of being abandoned

*The fear of not living up to expectations

The point is: There's no Pattern or indicator or formula to what it is you are looking for. You CAN NOT do it alone and (to me) you sound like you can not trust some faarax help you thru.

so YES, women have the problem/Crisis/epidemic

Ibtisam   

The point is: There's no Pattern or indicator or formula to what it is you are looking for. You CAN NOT do it alone and (to me) you sound like you can not trust some faarax help you thru.

so YES, women have the problem/Crisis/epidemic

How did this suddenly become about me?

Those are not insecurities dear, nor can they be classed as a problem/ crisis/ epidemic, they would seem normal and rational concerns.

What exactly can a women not do alone??

Waa yaabka yaabkiise some of the people here got their minds in the gutter, iga wallee. How could you equate intelligence to schooling. The two are different and if the individual is intelligent he might excel in fairly short time what would take ages for some. I know of people who have abandoned rural life to make their way in the big cities and have done better both in education and bettering their lives. So, people stop being so small-minded. There is more to an individual than few books one might have read.

One said, "what shall we talk about once we're done with the geella...." How arrogant and patronising is that? Come on. Someone with a life's experience, and pretty demanding one at that, has more to tell than just how the camel is milked or herded.

No offence intended.

underdog   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

How did this suddenly become about me?

Those are not insecurities dear, nor can they be classed as a problem/ crisis/ epidemic, they would seem normal and rational concerns.

What exactly can a women not do alone??

Not YOU per say...but its a ideology that exists with a portion of the young women demographic.

and of course they would seem like "normal" and "rational" concerns for anyone who has no faith or trust in anyone but themselves...which leads to your next question....not just women but No one can do the "life" mission alone.

Give me control and I shall give you love and everything that comes with it- what if god-forbid, she ask’s for the same consideration ie she takes control and give love and all that comes with it to the man… btw love is a myth, nothing but wine for the brains so why settle for an unvalued commodity, while control need I say more?

You're not the first and surely not the last to travel down that road, my dear...keep us posted on how it works out. ;)

Ibtisam   

Loool, Underdog, No faith or trust you say...hmm

Anyway I see we are going around in circles, so I will leave you to it.

Abdillah no one was mocking daadka Geel raaca or reer miyi, I already said we should not hold the lack of opportunities they have against them. WHy are you so mad, try to understand, we are all on the same side. smile.gif

Malika   

Poster,

Accepting such a man will require alot of patients,humbleness and acceptance..I dont know what will be the excuse for him not knowing how to read nor write...Can he read Somali? Arabic?..is he totally illiterate in every sense??

Personally,I wouldnt want to end up being unjust to the man due to the lack of tolerance.. redface.gif

Buuxo   

There are loads of people that have not had any schooling but are very intelligent,somalidanaa intaas beey uu badan yihiin.If the issue is he can not read/write ,that is a problem that can easily be addressed.Personally ,they have to be qof taliyo ama talo-qaato.

winnie   

UD, is it out of love and compassion that a man can benevolently marry an illiterate woman?? or is it all the other benefits he would get from said wife? lets trade education for looks.

how willing are women to marry men who are not that physically attractive? how willing are men to marry women who are not physically attractive?

alot of this is due to our social make-up and what roles each genders are supposed to play.

dont hate the player, hate the game.

underdog   

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

UD, is it out of love and compassion that a man can benevolently marry an illiterate woman?? or is it all the other benefits he would get from said wife?

Either or...whatever appeals to the man. Lets not generalize and think ALL men want the same thing.

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

lets trade education for looks.

how willing are women to marry men who are not that physically attractive? how willing are men to marry women who are not physically attractive?

Again, exact same answer as above. Different people are into different things.

I guess you girls find some sort of comfort is certain characteristics,

Good looking

PhD

rich

.... then he turns out to beat a wife-beating cheater.

Like I said before, there's no formula and thats scaring the bejeezuz out of you.

Roll the dice.

winnie   

this whole discussion is looking at relationships in a completely superficial level.

why be surprised with superficial answers?