Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Free Speech on SOL ??

The internet is a democratic forum for self-expression but I can’t help but notice that SOL seems to limit this. I often find myself having to watch what I say for fear of being banned. This needs to stop and the moderators need to be more lenient on what can actually be said.

I was on the politics section and found that people can be banned for simple things like name-calling and expressing extremist views; this distorts the purpose of the internet. If we can’t express our opinions, however extreme or crude where can we express it?

SOL needs to move with the times; SOL is an internet extremist itself, for blocking alternative ideas and viewpoints. Can I also add that certain individuals also intimidate people from expressing their opinions! This is completely unacceptable. WE DEMAND YOU REMOVE YOUR CENSORSHIP RULES NOW!

Kool_Kat   

WE
DEMAND YOU REMOVE YOUR CENSORSHIP RULES NOW!

Who is 'WE'?

One doesn't need to call names to others to get his/her point across...Maxaa ka hadloysaa? Or you think by name-calling members you're getting heard? :rolleyes:

SoMa_InC   

Mr Marcus Smith, you have agreed to the SOL user agreement when you first registered. However, I do not see any point of bringing up topics such as this. In fact, I think you should be banned for the main fact that you did not fully read the SOL user agreement before pressing the ‘I agree’ button.

For this reason, I copied and pasted the SOL user agreement so that you can ponder on it.

If you agree to abide by our rules below, please press the Agree button, which will enable you to register on this message board. If you do not agree to these terms, press the Cancel button.

Considering the real-time nature of this forum, it is impossible for Somalia Online staff to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we actively monitor the contents of posted messages but we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Adminstrators, moderators or any entity associated with this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by private message. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use Camel Milk Threads to post any material which is knowingly qabiil related, false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, advertising without permission, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Somalia Online.

Although this forum does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at Somalia Online reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages.

We at Somalia Online also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint about a topic you posted anonymously or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

NOTE: Moderators are not necessarily "NEUTRAL". They certainly do have their own opinion about the subject being discussed.

All complaints are handled by private message. Please don't post any complaint topics on the forums. Contact Admin if you have concerns or questions.

Paragon   

Koolkat, Lol. Shimbirahaaga da'day ku jiraan waan soo wada marnay... berigaanaga it was maykal jaksan style, jeega xiir iyo fooda dheer ee hair geelka lagu toosiyey - and most importantly the atitute that comes with it ;) . **whitles like mashiidiyo camal **

Aaheey, Ciyaal Toobaaz weli ma maqashay? smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

^LOOOOOL@mashiidiyo...Gaangistar lee iga dheh...Toobaaz beele...Naga daa hee waan is ognahay Ciyaal Baraf aa ku jirtee, anaga hada gaangister ha na isaga keen dhigin...

Ismahaan   

Mr M honest no one should insult anyone for having counter opinion. And in my opinion calling anyone insulting names is abusive and not freedom of speech. Is deliberate humiliation, verbal or editorial insult considered freedom of speech??

You cannot call people names and insult them because you are free to do it. . You have to understand the people around you. Respect is the most basic thing people should give to one another. Everyone wants to be respected. Only when a man gives respect, will he get respect in return.

Sometimes we read things with a wrong mindset which makes us misunderstand or take offense. Some people are too determined to be persuaded of something or some view. Ultimately the respect of the posters’ point of view is what it all comes down to. We can always agree to disagree but calling each other names or insulting each other is not acceptable behavior, and should not be tolerated in SOL. Noo noo that's not what I'm here for; I don't want to waste a post on such non-sense. :cool:

Happy Family Day to my canadian people

In fact, I think you should be banned

Soma, eedo, I think you ought to be banned from general section for calling upon the banishment of the marcas. ;)

The marcas waa ragiisa, and he ought to be allowed to express his frustration as he sees fit.

Almost everyone of us, at one time or another have displayed our utmost displeasure regarding SOL rules and regulations, for that fact alone, the marcas ought to have his moment to vent.

Its one thing to want freedom of speech...but exactly do you know the meaning of it?

What would be the purpose of insulting eachother? would the point come across better? would people suddendly agree with you? Walaal like it or not an ounce of civility goes a long way.

Now speak your mind all that you want to..annoy us all day if you like with this "exclusive ISH" you seem to like so on every thread..but changing sol rules so that we can simply sound extremist or insulting is pointless!

Furthermore, why dont you drop the whole victim act..seeking attention to this extend should seriously be reprimanded!

Kool_Kat   

Layzie, jiistaa tahay maxaa dhahaa!!! Tan isku dhadhajis waa dhaaftay, iskudhadhajis waca leeynaa waca loosha ey maroysaa... The Marcas kuteh!!! Aloow yaa ikaa kor istaajiyo adoo qorooyo waxaan, kab dacas lee korkaaga ka heli leheed...Isku dhadhajis bilaa liis waaxid...

**Pheeeeeeeeeeeew, venting feels good yaah? I should try this more often...** :D

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Layzie,
jiistaa tahay maxaa dhahaa!!! Tan isku dhadhajis waa dhaaftay, iskudhadhajis waca leeynaa waca loosha ey maroysaa...
The Marcas
kuteh!!! Aloow yaa ikaa kor istaajiyo adoo qorooyo waxaan, kab dacas lee korkaaga ka heli leheed...Isku dhadhajis bilaa liis waaxid...

**Pheeeeeeeeeeeew, venting feels good yaah? I should try this more often...**
:D

LooooooooL@I have no idea but that made me laugh. All I could see in my head was "you hitting her with your dacas"

Cheers