Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

NGONGE   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Val, starts in OCT. But aabo is adamant I dont work till the end of Ramadan (not that I'll even b fasting!)... I'm gonna go in and see what its all about 2morrow anyways.
The job description gives me the impression a monkey could do it
(and I need a very challenging and dynamic job).

First she says the job pays more and then she says a monkey could do it! I really don't know why you're friends with this woman, Val. Really don't. :D

NG, really, you're getting old. You should know by now that the higher you go in the corporate chain, the less you actually do.

Anyways, more money doesnt necessarily mean better job prospects (and thats more important to me now). The only reason this job pays more is that its contractual.

NGONGE   

No, North. Not for a while yet. And even then, I'm not sure I can cope with the UAE anymore. I know far too many people in that place and the chances (for me) of moral corruption are very high. Best stay a good boy in London.

PS

Serenity, you can stop digging now. Val is a forgiving person (I wanted to say a pushover really but I’m being ultra nice today).

N.O.R.F   

^^does that make you self employed? Tax difference?

NG, been avoiding a few :D

The cash fare for a single Tube journey in central London is to rise from £3 to £4 next year, prompting criticism from passenger watchdogs.

Cash fares for bus journeys in zone one will also rise from £1.50 to £2 as part of the mayor's 2007 fares package.

looks like the mayor is taking the biscuit(again)

^I'm not too sure but I was told there would be no tax on money I spend on transport or food (which is pretty much ALL I spend my money on besides shopping :confused: )

Faheema.   

^^ will you be doing Self Assessement at the end of the tax year? if so you'll be laughing...coz the first year you don't pay any tax [if you fill the form right ;) ] It all goes to "setting up" cost.

since you're all so bored...how about you try this little task ..

Lift up your right foot slightly over the ground…turn it clockwise [just your foot, not your whole leg]

Now while doing that write the number 6 in the air….if you’re following the instructions is going to be pretty impossible. :D

Amelia,

If the job is contractual based as you said, then no tax will be deducted from your monthly (or weekly) pay. However, when tax time comes around you can claim all sorts of outrageous expenses. Like $1000 cell phone bill; $1500 on gas/transportation; every penny you spent to do your job can be claimed on your tax return.

Self-employed? Self-Assessment? Sounds a bit confusing.

Serenity, by contractual, do you mean you are being taken on a temporary contract? Example: A 6- month fixed contract @ ££k pro rata?

^ Yes.

SB, thanks for the info dude. Will keep that in mind.

Fab, I dont know what self-assessment is all about but I would like to be able to approach u if it comes down to it. :D