Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

^^ What are you talking about? I only get 28 days leave per annum. I took one week off in June, am taking two weeks off from next week, and I have the last week booked for Christmas.

I could really do with another week, actually.

N.O.R.F   

I get a 6 hour day during ramadan :D then a week off for eid :cool:

Hows the tube these days? i actually miss public transport

Do you now? Well, public transport is as beautifully unreliable as ever. And fares are set to rise even higher, which is fantastic.

My next job is going to be walking distance from my house. :mad:

N.O.R.F   

^^and your not happy?

Driving to work is not my cup of tea, i would rather be on a cold and damp platform jogging on the spot waiting for a delayed train!

Got caught using the hard shoulder as an express way yesterday :rolleyes: some broken arabic and UK license goes along way in these parts. No fine :cool:

NGONGE   

^^^ There is something you’re not doing right there. It’s almost two years since you’ve been in those parts, fix up saaxib. Work on that Arabic. Six months should be enough for you to become fluent I reckon.

Val, are you complaining about your 28 days holiday? That’s almost a full month, damn you! A full month!

As for the tube, it’s really as unreliable as ever and it’s going to get worse now that the schools are back.

Ps

I had me a very pleasant lunch hour with smoke coming out of my ears. Not feeling sleepy anymore. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Saaxib, the work environment is an English speaking one thus progress is very slow, the shops are kept by English speakers and so are the petrol pumps. When do i get the chance to speak it? I have signed up for a course starting in Oct though.

ps easy for you to say though init?

NGONGE   

^^^ :D YES :D

I still reckon you can speak fluent Arabic in less than six months. All depends on your desire to do so.

Ps

Is your company doing the Friday/Saturday weekend for the first time or has it always been the case?

^ Feeling mellow?

Yes, it's almost a full month, but we are not allowed to take more than two weeks off at any one time.

I don't know how the peeps who go off to Somalia/Land for five weeks every summer do it. They must be better negotiators than me.

Driving to work is not my cup of tea, i would rather be on a cold and damp platform jogging on the spot waiting for a delayed train!

Norf, I don't believe that! Have you forgotten the impotent rage? The frustration that stays with you the whole day? The headache of having to put up with smelly people? The unwanted exercise (sprinting for trains)?

I repeat, I don't believe it for one second.

N.O.R.F   

You better believe it, well I did live next to a very reliable line (Piccadilly) and only changed once onto another fast line (victory) with a journey time of 35min and 46 secs!

NG. The desire is there saxib, just the time to practice is not. I’m not mingling with arabs so to speak. I hardly see any!

The Friday/Sat weekend has always been available to whoever wanted it. I used to take the Thurs/Fri wknd as I could always watch the CL games at midnight on a Wed. Still getting used to the new weekend. The advantage is that nearly all businesses are still open on sat so going to the bank etc is now made easier.

Ps, how do you say drive carefully you *&^%$?

NGONGE   

^^ You don't. You peep your horn for a full five minutes. That is actually the first culture shock anyone that goes to Dubai has. Last year, when I went there on holiday I was accompanied by someone that lived in the UK for far too long and had forgotten how things worked in the UAE. He hired a car and we went driving around. After ten minutes of driving, he stopped the car in the middle of a busy road and got out to argue with the Taxi that was peeping his horn behind us. :D

Val,

Don't forget the unwanted attention. ;)

Yes! Feeling very mellow right now.

Stop moaning about the holidays. you GET 28 days. 28 DAYS! :eek:

Can I join this three... ;)

Its not a good day for me.. I've a light headache and I'm highly irritable. I should be happy really, I got offered a job that pays slightly more than what Val makes icon_razz.gif . I'm not sure I'll take it thought.. they want to start too soon.

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

I should be happy really, I got offered a job that pays slightly more than what Val makes
icon_razz.gif
. I'm not sure I'll take it thought.. they want to start too soon.

Slightly more? I'm disappointed. You can command double my salary.

When do they want you to start? Any chance they can delay it?

NG, oh yeah, the unwanted attention is worst.

N.O.R.F   

congrats Serenity, send me some Mr Kipling Lemon Slices (cant find them here) although i did a get a few boxes brought over last week :D

NG, , its unbelievable how the hooter is used. As I left a petrol station with my sandwich and copy of Gulf News, I was getting into the car, a guy behind me hoots scaring the heck out of me. He couldn’t wait until I got into the car and closed the door so he could park. I let him know what I though of him (in English).

There is a drive now to enforce a qualification for driving instructors as anyone can be an instructor right now.

^'ll send you lemon cakes via the stork.

Val, starts in OCT. But aabo is adamant I dont work till the end of Ramadan (not that I'll even b fasting!)... I'm gonna go in and see what its all about 2morrow anyways. The job description gives me the impression a monkey could do it (and I need a very challenging and dynamic job).