Sign in to follow this  
Xalimo7

Abortion?

Xalimo7   

Ladies i am going to throw the towel off, did you hear that one of the best Hospitals in the nation

HCMC(Hennepin County Medical Ctr) is quoted from saying that , what on earth is happening to the SOmali Teens? they are having more abortion then any other Minority in the state of Minnesota, they asked the leaders of the somali community to put this maddness to an end. What is happening ,is this the end of life itself?

nuune   

that is horrible,ilma la iska soo tuuraayo,marka hore may ka taxadaraan,i don't even like hearing the word abortion,

i feel sorry for those ladies,macsalaama

Ladiif   

Not to mention that the Somali elders were told numerous times to warn the somalis in the twin cities about the danger of AIDS because the # of somalis who tested positive was raising so fast!!The first time this happened was back in '98 and what do you think by this time?

Truly catastrophic and appalling! How and what could be done to educate young boys about responsibility and practice of safe sex and girls about self-respect, precaution, safe sex, contagiously spreading sexually transmitted deceases and above all decency and good culture? I recall an old English aunt of mine (by marriage) who used to say “bringing young wives who could hardly spell their names from Somalia and dropping them off in the heart of London is a recipe for disaster”. Packing young boys and girls in their teens aboard cargo planes accompanying distant family members stranded in an unfamiliar territories and dumping them off in the squatting towers of Minneapolis & St Paul is truly nothing but trouble. Even more troublesome is that though these teenagers are registered as teens, most of them are in their twenties, thus their desire to experiment, socially rebel and being sexually active though socially in immature and irresponsible in their conduct.

Community organisations in existence ought to be involved in the education, training and public awareness (within Somalis) of both youngsters and parents or guardians of these youngsters most of whom it has been reported to not only be out of order but also widely abusing illegal substances while under age. School dropouts I understand are in unbelievable proportions which promotes a culture of redundancy, worthlessness and falling into the pitfalls of life at such a young age.

Now those of you, ladies in particular in MN, you will have to be engaged in the social lives of the young girls, mentoring them, informing them and most of all warning them of the ills of HIV/AIDS, pregnancy, abortion and the social stigma if not the hereafter.

The message ought to go out LOUD and CLEAR.

NO TRUANCY,

NO HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUTS,

NO DRUGS,

NO UNDERAGE SEX.

This cannot be overlooked or slided under the carpet. It is not the elders who are ill-equipped and do not have the faintest idea as to what life in North America or Europe entails. The young, ladies in particular ought to step in and take the lead!

Adna   

salaama calayklum

walaahi it's really tragedy what is happening. subhanalaah. runtii i'm speach less don't know what to say, after i heard abortion subhnalaah,

peace out much love

Siman   

I was told that one local hospital, which affiliated religous groups, turned Somali patient down who requested abortion and transferred to another hospital that was willing to do the procedure. I didn't believe it at first, I guest I didn't want to believe the fact that Somali and Muslim person would dare to do something so horrible that Gaaladii ay xataa danbi darteed uga baqeen! and even more suprisingly, they were a married couple who wanted the abortion!! I guess that illustrates how stray and disoriented our people become.

Hello ladies and germs.

Let me start of saying that I am pro choice. I believe in abortion, when it comes to logical reasons. The topic u raised is an important topic, on many levels. This proves that as somalis we have long ways to go. Obviously there is a problem if our teens are floacking to the plantparenthood clinics. We must educate on subjects such as sex, and other sexuality topics. I think for so long we as somalis have shyed away from sex topics and sex education; due to that we have problems that this topic is dealing with. I think as soon as we start opening up about sex and the safe sex we can really achieve something. It's obvious to me if the doctors are asking for some sort of solution, from our communities that this is huge social issue. Well all know that some teens or young adults will not always practice safe sex. Sex is complicated. When dealing with sex ur faced with many questions, should I have sex, I am ready, I want to have sex,but I am safe? There is no easy answer, but as an indivisual you make your choice and must live up to your consequences; whatever that might be. To conclude, we have to come with possible solutions to this problems, and a good head start I think is through sex education, and having an open mind when it comes to this types of issues and topics.

LuCkY   

IT IS INDEED A TRAGEDY.

WE SHOULD HAVE MORE SENSE AND MORALS THAN TO DO SUCH APPALLING ACTS. FIRST BEING-HAVING PRE-MARTIAL SEX AND THEN KILLING AN UNBORN CHILD. A LIFE NONE OF US HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE AWAY FOR WHATEVER REASON.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH IMPERIAL-LADY ABOUT THE SEX EDUCATION AND HAVING AN OPEN COMMUNICATION BEFORE THIS GETS OUT OF HAND.

What is wrong with these girls? :confused:

Dont they know to say "NO"

& Also to keep them legs closed Ama sure it aint that hard. Thank goodness Australia doesnt have a repution like that. Even thought ladies themselves are getting abortions. While some people are trying to have a baby, others are killing them.

*May Allah have mercy on their souls*

Top them girls out there. A message from MiZz_LeXuS: "Keep ya legs closed"

Imperial, I agree with you somewhat!

Just take a look here...you are about the only one who said these kids need to be educated on the dangers of Sex!!! while everyone else is busy saying "subhanallah" and "istagfurullah"...these kids will keep on doing what they are doing unless the necessary community leaders decide to have programs for youth to learn about sex, how to practice abstinance, provide centers for young mothers and educate them about AIDS!!!!

It is too much of a taboo though...and unless Somalis get over that fear, we won't be making progress but actually the opposite!

PS: The ladies are not the only ones at fault ...for it takes two to do the Salsa!!!

^

these kids will keep on doing what they are doing unless the necessary community leaders decide to have programs for youth to learn about sex, how to practice abstinance, provide centers for young mothers and educate them about AIDS!!!!

Good point.

ImperialLady: Its true that some adults will inevitably practice premarital sex, but we're talking about kids here. You haven't clarified why you're pro-choice?

Samurai: Insha Allah I'll do my part to help mentor young girls in the near future. Brothers, also step up to the plate and help those young confused boys who are leading the path of self-destruction ie. drugs, sex, and crime.

Its our problem and we ought to do something about it ASAP.

If it was upto me, i would've outlawed abortion for Somali women. As it now looks, we need babies more than ever (ONLY BABIES THAT THE FATHERS ARE SOMALI) and if the young mothers can't take care of them, the Somali community needs to step in and do that for them. It will pay off in a big way later on.

Tamina - I thank you for plucking up the courage in volunteering to take the youngsters in your wings as it were. True, boys and men alike ought to follow suit as many of us do not quite see predicaments in many folds faced by our youngsters. Mentoring, social awareness, instilling respect and cultural values, reaching out, and breaking the cycle of old are some of the right, bold and simplistic modes to adopt in order to make a difference.

Nin-Yaaban – Is not abortion already outlawed NOT for the reasons you listed?