Sign in to follow this  
Sharmarkee

Khalid Yassin - a muslim preacher and orator

Last night i have got an opporunity to watch a Dvd presented by Sheekh Khalid Yassin, never saw him before, or heard him before. his topic of talk was "Christ", he was a good orator, and islamic propagator,his skillfu knowledge of the bible and his strong presence as a daaci was amazing, i was thinking just Malcolm-x standing infront of me. baaraka Allahu fiih, good things coming from the west. may Allah increase his knowledge and make him serve the islam, hope many westeren people will be converted in his hand - IA.

I have his purpose of life collection- really good. Funny that u say he reminds u of Malcolm X because he met him when he was younger (he mentioned it in a lecture). Check out Yusuf Estes too. He has a bunch of free to watch videos on his website(s). www.Islamtomorrow.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPltYzP9iG8

here's one of Khalid yasin:

http://www.muslimvideo.com/tv/view_video.php?viewkey=c891d4b61a15c9dff296

Aaliyyah   

I have collection of his Cds as well that I bought from conferences and mosques. That shiekh is awesome. May Allah reward him for his good deeds.

Blessed   

I love Khaled Yassin and his no nonsense approach. I’ve had the pleasure of going to several university lectures of his and there truly aren’t many as gifted in delivering the message to a wide audience, Masha Allah. He‘s also very good at putting over zealous, in their place. (haha) . I heard that he was coming to Dubai, soon, can’t wait! I hope it’s not when I’m away.

Check out his strangers clip on you tube. Fantastic.

^^After I watched that dvd about Christ, i want straight after work to that little shop of somali wadaad, selling everthing and anything about islam, from geed caday(arak teethbrush) to saxiix almuslim,Xaba-sawda and honey, and i asked him the wadaad -attendant if he gotta any disks about Sheekh K.Y?

He said: Yes

and I said,can you give me all his disks,

the guy astounded and said : well i got about five,I grab them all and went home, watching one after another, but the xusana-aldan or positive intentions i was having for him intensivied and manifested,one of his lectures was in australia, MaShaAllah after he delivered his lecture - the aussies came queing up for him to take Shahaada.

This is my point of comparism, when Iqra the islamic channel went to Austarlia as i was watching them last Ramadan, they can only talk to the arabs and converted muslims, but this sheekh, in his lecture he said straightaway am talking to non-muslims, and with all their reservations and tightness they came falling in-love to islam one by one, at least seven or eight take shahaada in one go, and many more got the positive outlook about islam, discarding the other negative things running in their head before they came to the lecture. and that is good dacwah. when you know your stuff, you will erect the xujaj and baraahin against them. or they will come to their sense.

Ibtisam   

I like him, he is great. Some people worship him. When he came to my uni to do a talk with another brother, everyone came just for his talk and walked out before the other brothers started theirs. The place was buzzing before he came, people running around and falling over each other to see him. :rolleyes: Acudubillah. I like his talks never the less. They are great.

^^What destoryed the great islam was nothing but Tacasub Madahabi, or you can say extremism on one Ra'iyi over the other, there is basic fiqeh law says - there should be a common error or mistake for any Ra'ai or idea or point of view of any man any time and anywhere, expcept the Prophet's(Sca).

then came this tacsub of sheekhs over the others, and people falling into this are unfortunately ignorant about the essence of the message of islam, which is tawxiid then following the guidelines of the prophet, then respecting scholars in their knowledge of diinuAllah, not their capacity of delivering large lectures and pulling large audience, but expliciting and uncovering the secrets and the treasure of Islam, whether it's Sharaa'ic or Fiqihi, history or Qiyam and akhlaaq.

it's not only dangerous for the sheekh's fans but also its very dangerous for the sheekh himself or herself. jsut to say wow am so and so, and Allah(Sw) discards all your good work - God forbidden.

N.O.R.F   

Shaykh Khalid Yasin (one known as 'Abu Muhammad' [1], 'Abu Muhammad Khalid Yasin' [2]) and 'Abu Muhammad, Khalid Yasin' [3], born in the 1950's [4] in Brooklyn, New York, is a former Christian [5] whom converted to Islam and is now one of the worlds most respected and leading Islamic lectures throughout the world. He has given thousands of lectures, many of which are available on DVD.

Khalid Yasin now lives and operates his Da'wah organisation in Sheffield, England. Yasin founded, directs and runs the 'Islamic Broadcasting Corporation Ltd (IBC)', 'The Purpose of Life Centre' on Shirecliffe Lane, Sheffield. The organisation was formerly known as the Islamic Teaching Institute (ITI) [6] and the Islamic Information Network Ltd [7] [8], where it is believed in the past ten years, the ITI has converted more than 5000 persons to Islam [9] and an additional 1700 since the September 11 attacks. [10] Other organisations he has operated or worked with are http://purposetv.tv and http://purposeoflife.tv

Khalid Yasin constantly tours the world delivering lectures with the goal of educating people about Islam, conducting Da'wah Training Courses, and providing new Muslims with a specially designed 'Islamic Training Program'.[citation needed]

He is frequently honored [11] as a guest speaker [12] & VIP [13] around the world.

wiki