Sign in to follow this  
Arwa

A sad Image: Photographer who captured it committed suicide!

Tuujiye   

Handad, sxb hala yaabin gabdhahaan yar yar sxb....1994 caruur aad u yar ee ahaayeen..TV dhan waxee ka fiirsan jireen iftax yaa zamzam iyo "sharkaan sharkuun"..lol..majiraan ciyaalkan carabta ku koray..4real..."waraa ma jirtaan"..

From 1991-2005...waaw...saan u caatooweenay oo baahi u dileysaydadkeena, ee danbas wada noqdeen..MArkaas cunugoo ajanabi ah oo buunsha kor jiifo aa na tusineysaan. Yes is sad! but yo you should look at your people and think of your self..compare to what some of us have seen, this picture seems not so bad....And you making it seem like it was so sad that the gaal who took it killed him self..lol..imagine if he saw worse..The ***** killed him self because he probley got bank robed or his wife left him or he got too drunk with sudanise woman..lol..qashiinka...

Waraada suuraha naga daaya ee shaqo yeesha!

wareer badanaa!!!

OG_Girl   

^^Tuujiye, adeka eska amos.go sleep, it's late time for you icon_razz.gif ,as they say: nom al'6alem 3ebadah" go ta3abad rabah fe nomatek...looooooool

Ya Halla ya 3abeer, salamt 3alal ele ma tatasamash rafejatej.. icon_razz.gif

Salam

NGONGE   

I can’t help but be impressed with the beauty of that photograph. Death, life, weakness, strength, survival, despair and opportunism all rolled into one. A very moving picture that needs no commentary or background story.

Tuujiye   

LoL--OG-Girl...

I could read arabic and i'm learning the meanings lol...I hope you do the same with your somali side language..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

nuune   

tuujiska abaa dont worry sxbkaa dhuuqaaye aa joogo, this is what she said:

روح نام، نوم الظالم عباده، إذهب وتعبد ربك ÙÙŠ نومك....لوووو

oggie girl, wah waalan adi, hishoo dee

Yes. What you have missed is, this is a Somali forum, mostly frequented by Somalis- therefore, priority must be given to Somali issues and news. The picture in question is about Sudan. I have searched the forum for a similar picture about the Baydhabo children who perished in a similar fashion or worse; the result was negative. That's what you have missed.

If the poor Kid in the picture was his natinalty arba MR haddad will be sadden since the picture is skinny african boy he has no sympathy what so ever. :confused: sxb take your frustration in your house sh$$$$$t.

subxaanalaah ilaahoow unaxariiso adoomadaada.

Bess.   

no wonder the photographe commited suicide how could he have left the poor little girl out there with the vulture waiting 4 it to perish......subxana'allah.....may allah bring peace and raxma to all this countries that r suffering from the igonarance of man.... insha'allah....i don't think that humanity or compassion should just be reserved to those of our country everyone deserves mercy and sympathy from all of us....isn't islam that teaches us to be compassionate to all and not just muslims....and for God's sake they r just children....have mercy... :(

i was reading everyone's comments about this picture... and the photographer...

just to clarify:

No, he didn't leave that little child to die. He saved her right after taking the picture.

He did win a Pulitzer Prize for that picture.

He said the picture was supposed to let the world know just how horrible a world of famine is out there, but then people started to criticize that he took the picture and then saved her, hence suggesting that he cared about the picture before he cared about the little girl...

after so much criticism and blatant hatred from the public, he couldn't take it anymore and committed suicide.

ADNAAN   

Walaahi I felt very very sad for that little kid :(:( , this picture was just too much …..it’s a strong indication of human sufferings that we take for granted.

The whole point of taking such pictures is the striking message that it carries and the lessons to be learned, so next time when u see charities collecting aid you should contribute especially to those who help children (coz of their innocence and vulnerability).

This photgrapher was a non-muslim therefore Islamic rules are irrelevant to his suicidal death, besides who cares about ethnicity or religion backgrounds when you are faced with such scenarios after all there was a lady that went to hell because she didn’t give water to her DOG who died of dehydration.

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by chrisl84pia:

just to clarify:

No, he didn't leave that little child to die. He saved her right after taking the picture.

Thanks for the clarification Chris, as I was first reading I couldn't help but think of how cruel he was.

nuune   

posted by Chrisl84pia

He did win a Pulitzer Prize for that picture.

He said the picture was supposed to let the world know just how horrible a world of famine is out there, but then people started to criticize that he took the picture and then saved her, hence suggesting that he cared about the picture before he cared about the little girl...

welcome to SomaliaOnlinne Chris, and thanks for the clarification smile.gif

Originally posted by Haddad:

quote:Originally posted by 3abeer Elward:

It is said that the photographer who took this picture committed suicide grieved by the photo.

And the point is? Feel sympathy for someone who committed suicide? Under Islam, suicide isn't to be admired, encouraged, feel sympathy for, talk about it as something positive and etc.

The picture was taken in 1994; why the sudden interest and politicizing? Just a few years before the picture was taken, hundreds thousands Somali children perished in similar or worse conditions; where is the interest and politicizing? Because no Arabs were involved in the Somali tragedy?
woow,,, this dude is stright up ignorant..