Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Men thoughts ,Women faults

Johnny B   

One of the most interesting ,or perhaps disturbing things about male attitudes towards women in Islam is the assumption that women must bear the responsibility for men's virtue as well as their own. Women must not only keep themselves pure, but they must not act to cause men to have impure thoughts - that's why women must remain so covered.

This Questions the 'Hijab' and all other covers that MUST be used inorder NOT to make men "Impure".

A young Muslim man might say today when exposed to Western women in a Western setting. Rather than assuming the responsibility of maintaining a proper attitude towards others around him, this man blames those around him. He regards himself as enjoying the freedom to dress as he sees fit, maybe even waer that Arabic white dress or the Somali /sirilankan 'Mawis', but he can’t accord others the same freedom when it threatens to make him “impure.â€

Here i came to think of comments made by some religious sisters os SOL in another thread where 'hijab' was partially the subject matter.In that comment they bluntly accepted the tricky blame from Men and enjoyed having such an illusive impact on the men. The need to be admired maybe preceded the right to be girl/women

In this way, those who are having the negative thoughts and who end up enforcing repression against others, namely MEN become the victims of their sordid little morality play. As victims, they assume the authority to take control and see to it that no more evil happens again .

not by controlling themselves, but by controlling Women. The point of this control is to limit the ability of women to dress how they please and express themselves how they please, limitations not placed similarly on men.

Thusly some religious sisters here on SOL are sadly high in credulity that they give in to the 'Victim' trick of men .

Adding to the imposition of greater restrictions on women, explained as necessary due to their inability to control themselves and their negative effect on men, renders them 'a must be controlled-class of citizens' in the Muslim Wolrd.

Strange as it may seem,the right to wear slacks or short skirts is actually part of the right of women to be fully equal members of society. Why? Because it represents their ability to be seen on their own terms, rather than allowing men to determine how women should be viewed. , The right i´m talking about here conforms the right to even be wrong which is a basic human right.

Furthermore, it demonstrates that women no more need to be controlled by men than men need to be controlled by others. It places men and women on an equal plane while in public.

what is your take?

^^This, I must admit, is a cohesive and well-organized piece of write-up in which you departed from your boring norm. Though it rests on a shaky ground, and can easily be demolished rather effortlessly, impressive it still is in its facade. Congruts, good JB.

I will comeback for it latter.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^This, I must admit, is a cohesive and well-organized piece of write-up in which you departed from your boring norm.

^^ which leavs me to wish that you´ve departed you ever boring first comment. :D

Rowda   

Wow, is this a somali brother? can I have your # pls. :D this is as deep as it could get walaahida.

I wish more men could take their own responsibility and stop harrasing us about what we wear.

What I wear is non of any mens business & my Dambi is between me and God. Umaxaadaray qof aan dambigiisa kawarqabin dee.

N.O.R.F   

Not to concerned about the topic apart from this

maybe even waer that Arabic white dress

Is that what you know it as JB? a white dress? :confused: Ever heard of Khamiis or Thowb?

Johnny B   

^^ Northerner, I neither understand Arabic nor is that thing , a shirt,sweater,Tshirt,vest etc etc.

It is a dress and it is a oftenly white.

I´m sorry if the term used is somehow offensive.

bilan   

hijab is to protect women rather than men,if it was up to men to decide what women should wear,i am sure majority of them would want women to wear next to nothing so they can enjoy,but hijab gives women the dignity that some men want to take away. so instead of us(muslims) defending why we should cover up. tell me JB why should we wear revealing clothes? what is the benefit for us(women)?however you have a point some men believe that women should be responsible for whatever men do,it was only few days ago that someone was against women recording their voice because of fitna,or women riding bicycle,or driving,or working etc,but the question is:are those men following islam or culture,or do they have insecurities. why do we single out only muslim men while this attitude is shared by all eastern men regardless of their religion.

Adding to the imposition of greater restrictions on women, explained as necessary due to their inability to control themselves and their negative effect on men, renders them 'a must be controlled-class of citizens' in the Muslim Wolrd.

Sxb you are either short in knowledge of our holly religion or if not for that matter you have excelled the art of diverging the subject from what is aimed at? Do they take the said Hijab for the sake of a Muslim man, as you arrogantly put it? better rephrase you sentences.

Who is who is a tool, a symbol for pleasure, sex icon, product to sell or else used to sell other products. If I just switch on my TV and go to channel #, I only see young naked girls being used and abused, and for what if not for western men to enjoy that. ooh I know they are liberated, indepedent somewhat educated, do what they like and enjoy most doing, totally not forced into that but chose. That is Free land.

Dig the holl - you can do better than that, don't shoot your own foot! Think again?

And who is doing what satisfies god instead of men? and this question is only if you know our holly religion, If not. Then I and others undertaking this thread have no other means to reason with you but logical thinking, so we will see what the basic logic of human being thinks of these matters.

Moving on, reading your post you sound as if you have an issue with the religous sisters of SOL, Why? you wanna teach them and preach them to get rid off theirs ..lol, you are a man or are you not? the trick might have worked otherwise.

Originally posted by bilan:

hijab is to protect women rather than men,

It is actually to protect women from men. The question is why?

tell me JB why should we wear revealing clothes?

It's not about what you should wear but whether you should be allotted like men the right to dress as you like. A right allotted to men but evidently not to women.

Let's be real here. I live in the West where the majority of the women don't wear the hijab. Each day I must see at least couple hundred women of all ages, races, religions etc. But I have yet to see, not even once, the majority of the women I see as either half naked or scantily dressed. Each dresses to her own liking. Your attire often reflects your personality.

Are there peer/societal pressure to dress certain way. You bet there are but that is true in every community. Including the muslim community. I'm dead certain not every girl who wears the Hijab wears out of religious conviction. A girl who doesn't wear the Hijab or dress modestly is viewed by large sections of somalis as less then somali/muslim, loose, prurient etc. This is the incontrovertible fact of the social etiquette in our community.

Frankly speaking if men can't exercise control at the sight of bare female skin, then they should seek therapy. If that doesn't help, institutions are available.

Jacpher   

Johnny B:

There’s nothing disturbing about Islam. It’s your thinking and imagination that’s disturbing to Islam. Islam isn’t a noisy religion that breaks up the peace and tranquility. Islam is a perfect religion, a directive from the Almighty Allah. Please re-arrange or paraphrase your words. Your words seem to be insulting and provoking. You're in violation of SOL rule 3 & 4.

Let me see if I understood your post. Hijab is put in place so men don’t go astray? Women must cover as a preventive measure of men’s impurity? No? So you are saying Allah has consulted with men and for the betterment of men, Hijab is revealed so men won’t get tempted. Does this basically sum up your post or am I missing something? Tell me where do you get this idea that men would be doomed if women suddenly uncover. Is this the only reason Hijab is practiced in Islam? Maybe this is the question that ought to be answered should you come out of those protective shields.

Why do you consider Islamic dress as a violation of women’s rights to begin with? Why not Christian/American/Indian/European way of dressing isn’t considered a violation of women’s right? Why does a half naked body is seen as a body that fully enjoying a given right? Why can’t it be the other way around? Shouldn’t women be allowed to sell their body for whatever reason? Isn’t this a violation of womens' right?

NGONGE   

^^^ Read his words again and again and again. The operative words there are MEN’s ATTITUDE TOWARDS.....

If it’s as you perceived then yes, he violated the rules of SOL. But you need to work on your perceptions my friend.

One of the most interesting ,or perhaps disturbing things about male attitudes towards women in Islam is the assumption that women must bear the responsibility for men's virtue as well as their own. Women must not only keep themselves pure, but they must not act to cause men to have impure thoughts - that's why women must remain so covered.

This Questions the 'Hijab' and all other covers that MUST be used inorder NOT to make men "Impure".

JB,

Boring thread, saaxib.

Castro   

^ Instead of calling this boring, you should take your behind to the Boredom thread and write there. It's suffering from severe dehydration due to neglect. :D