Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Colombia man 'jailed over grope'

Castro   

^ You got a helmet handy, son? What rubbish you speak there?

The sentence is too harsh. Six months to a year is more than enough to make him think of what he did. Sensitivity classes and a psychiatric evaluation may also be in order. Four years would break his career or his education and would be too much punishment for his crime.

STOIC   

Ahura, I did not imply that groping is as a result of involuntary vasoconstriction of the male race.We all know that human sexual feelings or preferances can be controlled by the individual.God did not gave us men the brains to figure it out how far we can out pee each other? It always should be borne in mind that we all have the responsibilities to curb our sexual advances especially when the other partner is not in agreement.The practice of Groping is a human right and women right violation.

Originally posted by Ahura:

STOIC
, men grope women out of uncontrollable lust? Don't make me laugh. The eejits do it to harrass. Groping, wolf-whistles, suggestive and sexist comments at women are all forms of
. Why should women accept it? A woman has every right to walk down the street without fear of being groped or sexually assaulted. Street harassment of women need to stop and the law needs to be brought up to date to protect them.

Spare me the melodrama. Women crave to be complimented for their bodies. In fact they demand it and if you don't give 'em they scold you. Why would a woman wear body-hugging clothes if not to attract male eyes? Why wear high heels if not to draw attention? Certainly not for the comfort.

Personally I think the best compliment you can pay to a woman is to tell her she has nice pair of juggs, exquisite bottom, appetizing waist and you'd love nothing but to ravish her. That is insuperable compliment.

Castro   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Why would a woman wear body-hugging clothes if not to attract male eyes?

May be so, but the invitation is certainly not extended to the hands, arms or other uninvited (gate-crashing) body parts. In other words, NO TOUCHING. Hence the jail sentence. ;)

You dig?

Originally posted by Castro:

In other words,
NO TOUCHING
. Hence the jail sentence.
;)

You dig?

True, without permission no touching. But woman like Ahura want to convince us that the reason they wear teasing clothes is not to elicit our attention. I mean come on, we're not that credulous. Lets be honest, no woman (al least no normal woman) would mind being complimented for her looks.

But the jail sentence is over the top, certainly not fitting the crime. You're telling me this dude will be thrown in the slammer for about the same time Martha Stewart spent in jail? This one of the symptom of hyper-legislation fever gripping the West of lately.

N.O.R.F   

There is obviously a problem of sexual harrassment in Colombia hence the long sentence mainly to discourage others by setting a precedent.

diplomatic response ;)

He is going to be learning this lesson the hard way. Look but don’t touch eh, but this punishment doesn’t obviously fit the crime.

Back home: This sort of thing was really big especially on buses.

Khayr   

Originally posted by STOIC:

Ahura, I did not imply that groping is as a result of
involuntary vasoconstriction
of the male race.

Mover over Mutakalim and Tolstoy,

Professor Stoic is in daaa house! :D

4 years is too much I agree. He probably has family who depends on him. A fair thing to do would've been if the police or passerby's who caught him held each of his hands, spread his legs, and she was allowed to knee him in the groin with as much force as she wished.

Cara.   

The sentence is too harsh. I understand the idea is to discourage other men, but no one should be punished as an example to others.

I like Waterlily's idea: have the man groped in public. But by another man.

Baashi   

This is clearly over the top and an unjust sentence. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Four years for what? grabbing woman's behind! Four years ku lahaa. What's next, I wonder? Ten years for gazing on woman's exposed cleavage!

Intel   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Why would a woman wear body-hugging clothes if not to attract male eyes?

ever heard of the phrase 'for your eyes only' SB :D

four years is way too harsh for a slap me reckons.

-Lily-   

Zafir, I think you should stop you have said enough. That argument sounds dangeorusly similar to that of women who get raped deserve it because of the way they dress.

Ahura, I was just reading something in a book the other day, and it made me laugh so hard wallahi. It said that 'sexual harresment was invented by somone to make women feel even worse about themselves'. I was so shocked but it was rather halrious. Yes sexual harresment is a serious crime. But I doubt the guy would have done it if he knew one year jail term was awaiting him. I mean try to imagine, one whole year of your life, your freedom taken away.

Men who think being groped by a woman is welcomed, does Sickos ring a bell with you?