Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

are we getting stuuu pider?

Qac Qaac   

salafiyah r u serious, r u saying we didn't change much, don't u see around you. Drugs, sex. alcohol. compare the percentage in somalia, and the percentage in these countries... clubs, ppl go here every weekend, in somalia maybe one time in your life time, not quit as often, come on sister... we became much worse, the worst one in somalia is a good normal person in here.

Senora   

Originally posted by garab tuujiye:

Hey princess 1 question sweety..do your afro american friends think your african american?...did you asked them how they see you..?

ps. i understood your point and i do agree with you but I just had that Question..

Well , I'm glad you understand me....but to answer your question, there were times in my life, when i dealt with what I felt to be, empty-headed fools. See many of the friends that I have that dont label themselves as African-Americans, see me as African-American...and some of them dont. I find it hard sometimes to change the minds of those less willing too, and I have my own opinions on them. See, some of the reponses I get from those that dont want to see me as an African-American feel that they can base their argument on our distictive difference. For instance my hair, culture, religion. But for some odd reason, I'm Somalian. And I'm not sure if its out of bitterness, because I know my true nationality, but I can't help to see it as something very sad. But I'm not going to get into the whole story with you

Tuujiye   

Bismilaah..an ku bilaabo kow dheh.

sis tnx for answering my question. may allah help you if you see being somali is a sad thing..Reason i asked the question was the way you were talking before.I kind got the feeling that you were shamed to be somali. I understand our country is messed up, our elder are kinda F-up, but thats not in any ways to hate who you are. Being somali to me is every thing and if someone took that away from me i don't know what i would do. So my sister let me give you an advise, stick to your own kind. If you see your self as an african american, others don't. even your own friends as you said don't see you as an african american. thats reality and you have to live with it. If you hate being Somali, you will just live in a tuff life, except who you are as it is. don't try to change it. And learn about your history about your people. Don't just look at the dirty part of your people because every group of people there are does with dirt... Alhamdulilaah I'm somali and the day I act like something alse is the day that i killed my self.....

salaama calaykum...

Qac Qac, You live in some fantasy land walaal. Wake up and smell the coffee. First of all, there are many holes in what you said. Learn to respect how other people practice their religion. Leave the people of the book alone (ie shias and the christians). They've existed before you and will exist after you. Leave the african-americans alone. You do not understand their history and consider yourself lucky that Somalis weren't made to be slaves in America. Stop advocating domestic violence. Stop making racist and derogatory remarks to other races.

In fact, if you are sooooo against this culture that you are living in, why be here? Tickets are not that expensive and Somalia is not that far away.

In fact, isn't the title a lit insulting ? Maybe it's not Somalis getting "stuuuu pider" but you my brother!

:cool:

Tuujiye   

Opinionated..You are the stupidest person in here for calling people names. If qa'qac told you the truth you have no right to call him names. Everything he said is right and almost everyone in here agree with him. And he neva attacked people with books he just talked about their believes and how much they are different from us. And how did shia came before sunny, don't you know shia's are muslims too..calling others ****** , you should check your self. Sis educate your self and stop being so opinioted because it is making you stuuuuuuupid. Live in this country with your culture and religion and don't change because you feel minority. And opinionated, please qoute me because i like it when you do that. I would like you to Answer me back please.

Qac Qaac   

Bismillah, i begin in the name of allah.

Well sister opinionated, what can i say, u have opinion of everything. even though obviously u lack the knowlege to back your opinions. first of all shiat are not ahlul kitaab ppl, but rather they are Muslims, in the Quran ahlul Kitaab are the Jews and Christians.

2nd of all, u talked about African_American history, tell once. that i said something bad about them, i was just encouraging our fellow blacks to be mad of the system and fight against it.

when u say, Somalia isnot that far sis, I honestly wanna go back to my country, if u r so brain washed in YOUR America, then the ppl who still have their culture, don't come after them. because quite honestly it shows, u have no knowledge of anything, maybe america and tv tricked u, and told u, since u live in here, u must be educated well u r not.

when u say, maybe i am getting stuu pider, and not the ppl, well sis, who is stuu pid now, u called someone stuu pid. i am not gonna come to your level, coz i have more knowledge then, so i won't call u names, even though u were expecting me to talk to u like u, i won't.

in conclusion, as i said b4 to u, if u have no knowledge of the things we are talking about, then don't talk about it, because it only shows how an educated u r of the things we the knowledgable ppl talk about.

p.s. as i said b4, u see the world. black and white, come back to me, when u see the different colors, like blue, red, brown and so on...

p.p.s. again this as an advice from me, don't be open minded of things, when u don't have enough knowledge, of history, shia, sunni, islam, culture, ppl, prophets, just keep watching your tv, and get your knowledge from cnn....

Qac Qaac   

Garab Tuujiya, this is the generation after us i guess. we might be same age, the numbers i am talking about, but i guess maturity level, are not the same....

Qac Qac,

To be honest with you, your post was offensive in my levels. Call yourself s****** if you like, but don't say "We", because not everyone feels that way.

You say what is happening to our culture. Well the culture is still thriving in Somalia, but this aint Somalia here. You either adapt or assimilate. Some people adapt, others assimilate. That is not a new phenomenon special to Somalia or this generation, it has been happening in different generations since the dawn of time.

You make references to Somalis becoming just like african-americans here. Some would take this as a compliment, because black americans have a REAL community, and they fought for their rights together, they made changes in the laws (and still are). But you make this out to be a bad thing.

You advocate domestic violence. Why shouldn't one call the authorities if their spouse is beating the LIFE out of them? or a parent is sexually-abusing them? Do you actually have a problem with this qac qac?

When I said go back to your country, my intentions were not to sound like an ignorant racist, but to suggest that since you are from the "older" generation and you don't want to adjust to this country and not be "brainwashed" by them, that you can easily go back home where everything is dandy!

ps: dont make assumptions about my knowledge and education brother. I don't even watch CNN, for Gods sakes! Unlike you, I have an open-mind and I am willing to learn. Not that sanitized version of the world, but the real Truth. Just because I dont use fancy arabic words arrogantly doesn't mean that I don't understand the religion. Your knowledge of the deen is not much different that mine.

garab tujiye,

I only used that last line because of his title "are we getting stuuu pider". I am well aware that we can't use insulting language in this forum, and merely trying to draw attention to it because I KNOW the admins read my posts (hence why I put quotations marks on the specific word) ;)

Tuujiye   

lol..Opinionated explain this to me...

" Some people adapt, others assimilate "..

where did you get your facts. is amazing how you just come up with these theories..lol..I decided not to assimilate and not adapt...

And you didn't understand about the Afro American thing that qac'qac and I were talking about.

Is true they have fought against some ****** laws

and other racist stuff. But sis, if you really look at America right now, things didn't change much. Racism is still being used against the black and the law is still against the black. Things just formed to look better but didn't change at all..that’s why every successful black man is in trouble. Think about it..maybe you like Afro American little bit more than we do sis because it looks like you really got offended by the way you are defending that fact...and i see there is little miss understanding between you and qac'qac..lol.. maybe you too were meant to be with each other...too much hate brings loveeeee..lol..

isku qabta ama naga aamusa nacalaa iskaarbihiina kutaalee..lol.

Opinionated Don't call any one ****** any more sweety because the human mind is not something that was created stupidly. na'mean...

where did you get your facts. is amazing how you just come up with these theories..lol..I decided not to assimilate and not adapt...

This is basic stuff dear, go read a book. Any book :rolleyes:

Things just formed to look better but didn't change at all..that’s why every successful black man is in trouble. Think about it..maybe you like Afro American little bit more than we do sis because it looks like you really got offended by the way you are defending that fact...

No system is perfect. But African Americans have had significant successes in this country and they are STILL fighting for equality. Every successful black man is in trouble? since when, for God's sake, our Secretary of State is BLACK. Things didn't change at all? Does slavery still exist..no, so I believe it did. Maybe I just African-Americans more....it seems so judging by your tone.

maybe you too were meant to be with each other...too much hate brings loisku qabta ama naga aamusa nacalaa iskaarbihiina kutaalee..lol.veeeee..lol..

What does this have to do with the topic. Maybe in your little world, two people fighting equates to love but you just made your argument weaker by digressing.

Opinionated Don't call any one ****** any more sweety because the human mind is not something that was created stupidly. na'mean...

Obviously you didn't read my last post.

LadyMo   

Damn u guys cud b arguin for days to come!

Why dont u just agree to disagree and stop wastin each others precious time?? Ooh and de web space on SOL??

Look most immigrants hav suffered de same way dat Somalis hav, so just b patient and eventually things will fall into place, just dont focus too much on de negatives, try to look at all de positive things of livin abroad (i.e away from Somalia).

At de end of de day, u guys (who live in de States wiv citizenship) are all Americans and whether u like it or not Somalia belongs to a continent called AFRICA hence ya'll African Americans. (so stop moanin about it, de advantage howeva remains in de fact dat u KNOW who ur forefathers were!)

America is not a country like Somalia or England but is a continent (Just like Africa) therefore when u refer to sum1 wiv an African background i.e a Somali or a Kenyan whom currently resides in America u call em Afro-Americans and not Somali-Americans or Kenyan-Americans.

--They (Americans) wudnt b able to keep up! The main reason why they probably use terminology like dat is b'coz they're lazy or just plain uneducated enuf to kno all de countries in Africa and therefore they make life easy for themselves.

-- mayb ya'll shud get de hint!

Come on now, compare the number of Hispanic ppl in the States to Somalis, even they aint referred by their country (or original nationality) but by de language they speak!

That shud tell ya sumthin...Im out peace out ppl

NinBrown   

Asalama Calaykum

You see something I have noticed is that people run away from the truth, hence in English there is sayin that goes like 'the truth hurts'

These people that cannot face the fact that Somalis have come out worse when they have travelled to a land that does not belong to them

Qac Qac and Garbka these people have never probly lived in a country where you hear the Adhan and live among the muslim people, never probably been a mojority in where they have lived so they dont know what they missing. Thinking they have so good in this little America.....will catch up with u soon.

Opiniated always gives her apinions on things she has no knowledge of so its not suprising what she just blurred above and on top of that called other SOL members ****** . NO DOUGHT SHE WILL BE PLAYING THE VICTIM SOON, CRYING WHY ARE PPL PICKING ON ME.

She claims to have an open mind. Open mind for what..accept christian and shiates as equals to muslims, accept gay marriages. Walaalo let me give you sincere advice....think b4 you write next time. And try to see the world outside u r school building.

Nin yahow dadkaan dhiig kar bey nagu ridi rabaan.

raula   

I personally dont think that there is anything wrong with calling the 'law' on someone who doesn't respect and have a sense dignity when it comes to domestic violence. Personally, I have witnessed the same happen; the fella beat the crap out of his wife, until she dislocated her hip-bone for a week. But she never called the cops;later they divorced. She decided to settle the matter between themselves-ofcourse, he didn't think he had done anything wrong(typical)and still wanted to stay married (sucker!)-even religion does not allow such aggressive use of force to the point of causing harm to one(I don't have to quote-its obvious!).

The African-Americans struggle stands out for all black liberation and emancipation of all minority strength(all blacks including Somalis, Senegalese, Kenyans, Tanzania). Slavery, stratification and dehuminization of black people was not only in America, but spread to all parts of the world. Do you know the black slaves(including Somalis) to the east-coast of the Indian-Ocean? to countries in the middle east and far-east? Carried out by Arabic-traders and slave owners!(to give you even an earlier account of this was in the era of the Prophet Mohamed S.A.W=Bilal and many unfreed slaves who were enslaved by many Arabs and other 'superior races).

Acculturation is inevitable, but holding dear to your true values/culture/religion/customs strengthens one's fluidity to life. Although, assimilation occurs in all walking lifes on earth(it depends on how the word is used in various contexts)-even animals adopt to their ever changing habitat. However, it's best for one to take the good and leave the bad-but assimilation is anticipated.

As one mention earlier, our roles in this country, somehow have been reversed. There is alot of changes that we have come across-and its hard when their is lots of responsibilities and adoptations to get accustomed to within a short time. When we were coming to this country, we anticipated to see such issues, and happening of life here in America. So, it shouldn't be a suprise.

Last but not least, dont generalize all in the same category. Everyone is not the same. And why is it that when one is "opinionated" they are labelled as Uncle-Toms? :confused:

Opinionated, gal, your sense of thinking is true-and precise to the core. Does that make me "Americanized" too.??????CAJIIIB? :rolleyes:

raula   

Iam not supporting all "American-values" such as Gay marriages, etc. but my point was that: dont point fingures at "your brothers and sisters" who are assisting you in fighting racism. One should be thankful that they are lucky they were not enslaved like their ancestors! and now they can rent,get education and such opportunities that weren't accessible to their forefathers!

There are black people who are true muslims(not Nation of Islams and such)..but really true to their DIIN...so, stop generalizing.