Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

are we getting stuuu pider?

Originally posted by Nino_Brown:

.... and on top of that called other SOL members ****** . .

Actually, it was Qac Qac who dissed everyone and I was merely quoting him. ;)

Raula,

Thanks for your contribution sister. I forgot to include that I know many african-american brothers and sister who are muslims and practice their deen properly. Why should we think that we are so much higher/enlightened than them?

Gediid   

How come I miss the mind stimulating debates that end up in near fist fights....I think there should be some sort of a bulletein somewhere that brings our attention to such debates in the future..... esp the ones where Opinionated is involved.I enjoy her line of reasoning and I guess it has some in here a lil threatened when she exercises her right to debate.

Jaabir   

good god.. Qacqac did it ever occur to you that this is a public forum that represents all the Somalis and many Afro-Americans might be reading the prejudice and hate you are promoting??

pearl   

some ppl's dislike for each other is soo deep that they forget thier fighting for the same cause sometimes by failing to understand each other. stop hating on ppl cuz of screen names and previous disagreements, rather mend ur differences in a civilized manner.

everytime opinionated has something to say some ppl purposely target her cuz of difference of opinion. speak ur mind without trying to push ur opinions down each other throats.

are we getting stupider...i say its expected...living in these countries one will one way or other assimilate...cause and effect...ppl

Senora   

I'm so tempted to comment on what a few of you have to say, but it's not my battle( or at least until i have a little more time)...Qac Qac, and garab tuujiye

You misunderstood me...so no need to start praying for me Garab, I'll be fine...let me break it down for you

But for some odd reason, I'm Somalian.

When i said this, i was stating my confusion on how a few of my associates (i should have made this clearer b4, these few that i am referring to really aren't my friends, but just some ppl i talk to here and there) would be so quick to label me somalian, but not african..like which continent is Somalia from again?..but anyways, thats what I meant by "how sad"....thats like saying, "Youre Kenyan, but your not African....but now, go back to attacking opinionated, while you ignore the fact that you guys are being more close-minded than anyone here...(Ooops, bad Sexy! Bad sexy!...well i'll be leaving now...........)

Tuujiye   

loool....opinionated..I like it when you quote me..

Listen for a political science student, I read alot..And alhamdulilaah I have so much experience to help me in life. I understand the world so much alhamdulilaah, and sometimes being oppend up to everything is not good sis..because if it was, ALLAH would have told us to be so..

I think i will waste my time talking to you walaahi cadiim and please sister forgive if I made you mad..

Now let me clear something out. If you all read my post specialy sexy, I haven't said anything bad about Afro Americans. All i said was that our Afro American brothers and sister were brought to this country and before they became christan, with christian names, with this hip hop culture, and become the poorest people in America, they were mostly muslims, with muslim names, beautiful culture very educated because it was timbaktu that europians used to go for education.Afro Amricans were changed and everything was stolen from them. religion, culture, ext.. And the point me and qa'qac were trying to make is that, if us somalians don't keep our nationality, our religion and hold on it strongly, we will neva be called john and smith subxaanalahiyee...if you are a person with out religion and nationality you are nathing a freeking animal is better than person...If y'all read about the real Ammistad, if thats how you spell it, It was ship full of slaves who were black muslim... ya'll probly watched the movie but they neva mention that the group were mostly muslims and because of their believe is why they made jihaad because of their religion is why they had the courage and heart to fight of the white man....even after they were found in america, they neva excepted to be called other names and neva excepted to be american why, because if they do that they will loose their identity....your religion, nationality, culture and race is what makes a person who they are...

so in conclusion, I recognise the good things that are happening for my black brothers and sister and the success but they are still controlled..just like your secretry of state, were was Cornell Powl when the Iraq war was going on..wasn't he supost to be at the white house and giving the people the 411...no it was Poul Walvich, if thats how you say his name ...Poul was the man the secratry of the state whenw ar of Iraq was going on....And if all my millionare Black brothers and sister had power they would have helped Africa...They have millions and all they do is spend it with chain, car, houses, woman or man, shopping...the white man made sure they neva succeed in life their accountents are all white..? think about it y'all...slavery doens't exist any more physicaly, but it does mentaly and thats worse...but my main point is that US somalian have to recognise that we have a home and we are not Afro Americans because we made the choise to come here and we did what we did to our selves...so we should neva relax here and think we are home because is not home..But for Afro Americans is home for them because they didn't choose to be here...

I have nothing against Afro Americans all i'm saying is that I AM NOT AFRO AMERICAN because I AM NOT AMERICAN OR CANADIAN..I AM SOMALIAN FIRST...

p.s. i hope i made my self clear and please people if you have nothing better to say other than calling people names, please don't post nothing because everyone have a voice freedom of speech....

Baashaalka meeshiisa kawada....sorey about my essay..lol..

Qac Qaac   

Darman, when did i ever, say something bad, about the african americans, next time bro read my postings carefully, and don't just jump into conclusion. u might think, u r right of what u doing, but really way far from right.

Nino Brown, i agree with u, there are lots of ppl here, who don't have a lot of exprience, from their back home country, and i guess they are happy in Detroit, or whatever in America they are.

for all u, ppl. who think, i don't like black americans u r all wrong. i like them, i think the cadaans really set them well, and those same trabs for the african americans are used against us somalies, if u don't believe me, look around to the somali youth, identity crises, they don't know who they are, Muhammad became moe, clubs every weekend, drugs, sex obsessed both male and female, some of them start drinking, praying forget about it. and speaking somali is a bad thing. that is the things i am talking about.

opinionated, u just talk and talk, as nino brown, said to u. pls for your own sake next pls think, before u say something. having opinions based on nothing won't benefit u, and make u look intelligent, u said, some of us are happy with the situation they are in now, well sis if u r happy with what the somali ppl doing in north america specially the younth, then u r really stuuuuuupid. or u r someone who walks around with her eyes closed, u said assimilate, do u know what the word mean, assimilating as in changing our whole way to americanism, why, where did u get this inferiority from?... damn be proud of yourself, and tell yourself u don't have to asimilate, to be accepted in this society.

for those of u, who are happy in here. i am sorry if i offended you, but my intension was to make u guys start thinking, and i guess not lot of you understood, only few got the pt. u could be afro-american all u want. but become muslim like Siraj Wahaj, which i really admire, like Abdulmalik, his student, or Imam Jamil.. but don't be here quoting and acting like P.diddy, or missy elliot, they millionaires and they don't even help their ghetto areas, and they have the audacity to talk about the ghettoes in their songs, and somali ppl who are muslim are buying their cds, and fallowing them, which makes them stuuuuupider. opinionated do u understand me, or u gonna come back with another pathetic reply.....

p.s. be open mind is a good thing, but if u have no knowledge to open mind with, then don't be open minded, because u r a man or a woman who stands for nothing, and u could fall for anything.

p.p.s. when did i ever say, beating the wife is right, opinionated don't just quote from other forums, and say i am here advocating domestic violence, whey u yourself, listen to hip hop gang related musics, who make women peace of meat, like one man has 10women around him because he has the dollar... if u r muslim woman opinionated u should be against it, atleast as a women, and go back to your culture and religion which gives u rights to be respected not to treat u like a h o e woman, to wife of, or muminah. pls don't say my knowledge of islam and yours are same, maybe u know more than me, but atleast practice of what u saying u have.. it is not how much u know, is how much u practice sis...

Calaa kuli xaal, the moral of the debate is:

1) Not to lose our distinct identity as Somalis and Muslims in the West

2) Not to generalise and put down other races

3) Wherever Opinionated goes, blazing arguments will surely follow!

Ok..got it. :D

are we?... now adays i see, somalies turning to shia, somalies turning to christianity. somalies saying is ok to take off your hijab. is ok to date. is ok to call 911 on your family if they abuse you?

Then you state in this forum:

when did i ever say, beating the wife is right, opinionated don't just quote from other forums, and say i am here advocating domestic violence

Do you say what you mean or do you mean what you say :confused: I just dont know!

Garab tujiya,

Thanks for the history lesson. BTW, I'm a criminal justice student, so what's the point?

Qac Qac,

You are being ignorant if you just look at the whole african-american community as saggy-pants wearing, hiphop-listening, hoodlums.

DnD, with a thread ( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) like this, how wouldn't it not become a blazing topic?

Qac Qaac   

Even though i worned u, not to come back with WHACKY reply, but u didn't listen and came back with one more rediculous arguement.

at this pt, i am contemplating, actually if i would carry this debate with u. because i am talking to a person who is in illusion, u think u r open minded, and yet u say stuff like, GARAB TUUJIYE I AM STUDENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE, WHAT'S THE PT?... didn't u call yourself open minded person. do u think, u know everything about history, and justice, just because u did couple of yrs or took couple of courses in there.

as i said, i won't argue with u anymore, because now even the ppl, are saying we should watch where opinionated is involved, because of your cheesy no back up fact replies. just out of your emotions, are just have to say your 2 cent, even though u don't know anything about what we are talking about, but u have to put your nose in there, because u r opinionated.

my advice to u.

1. ist thing student of knowledge should do is, i don't know jack all.... so u may benifit from what the ppl are saying.

2. think before u say anything.

3. relate your opinions with facts, and history, not out of emotions

4. cut your opinions in to half, because obviously u r not scholar yet.

5. if u r not proud of yourself, or your culture, don't hide in the pushes, and admit it.

6. don't incorporate your religion into your life, but rather incorporate your life into islam.

7. in islamic knowledge, if u say your opinion, and don't back it up with the quran and sunnah, u might even sin.... be careful

8. lastly. learn to agree to disagree.

asalaamu alaykum

Getting back to the topic...

From what I understand the original poster

intended to raise the following questions: R we losing ourselves in the West? Will the somali community become the equivalent of the african american community in Canada (African Canadians)?

First, I think the reality of the Somalis in the West today is much different than the reality, of the A.Americans, that was so I don't think a fair comparison can be made. The A.Americans lost their culture and Identity by force (i.e their children were removed, forced conversions to x-tienity, prohibited from speaking in their native tongue ect) where as the somali community today is free from these factors and is struggling with the "normal" process of assimilation.

Well from the current state of the majority of our youth one can say that the process of assimilation is in full motion and it's only a matter of time before the somalis in canada are reduced to "african canadians" (blck ppl in canada with no distinct language, heritage and culture). In Canada, somali youth make up one of the largest ethnic groups in detention centers (in Ottawa Canada, half of the prison population is young somali males), the high school drop out rate is astonishing and nearly not enough post-secondary graduates. Yes, so our situation is sad, very sad. What's worse is our lack of effort in trying to change this. Perhaps we feel as long as its not me or my loved ones then I have no need to be concerned. Or maybe we just don't know how to help and where to start.

Since most of us who grew up in the west have had the unfortunate experience of being immersed in the westren/kufr culture and are familiar with situation of our youth why don't we use this to help them? Maybe, just maybe we can put this thread to good use and use it to exchange practical ideas on what each of us individually and with our respective somalis students' associations can do to contribute to the revival of our youth in the west.

Here's one idea to start off: Forming a big brother/sister relationship with a youth in your neighborhood. Since they will relate to you better than their parents you have the potential of greatly influencing their life.

Second idea: Holding a weekly halaqah (study circle) for the kids in your neighborhood... not an extensive study circle maybe 2hrs of just sitting around and watching an Islamic video or discussing a popular issue like dating. The idea is to foster a sense of belonging and identity.

I hope you can all share your ideas too.

salaam

Qac Qac,

Obviously, you don't know the ethics of debating. You are saying that I don't know jack, I speak out of emotion and I am not "proud of my culture". Now tell me what that has to do with the topic at hand?

If you want to discriminate against the African-Americans, and not expect anyone to say anything back, you came to the wrong website brother. If you make comments like "people calling 911 because of abuse", and not expect people to put that on blast, you came to the wrong website.

Please learn to stick to the topic at hand, and refrain from making personal judgements against me because you speaking out of emotion, ok?

In the meantime, read what others are saying also, and stop focusing solely on my posts.

:cool:

Qac Qaac   

what is the point of arguing with u....

what is this pt u r rebeating every time, abuse for the wife, did i ever say to you, the wife shouldn't make a call to the police. or that is what u wish for me to say... so u prove your pt. anyways it was my mistake from the beginning to argue with some one who sees the world black and white. sorry sis.

also if u don't want me to focuss on your posts, then say something good, that we could benefit from, not from i have to say my 2 cent category ok.

i didn't make the judgement on you, but u made it on yourself, u came on as i know everything type, and finally u relized that u only small amount of things...so next time don't just blah blah, but think and wonder of what u gonna say....

# 1 rule for a student is, to acknowledge that he or she knows nothing. so he or she could gain knowledge... but don't say stuff like i am criminal justice student.. what is the pt of your arguement, that was very arrogent, and close minded statement...