Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

are we getting stuuu pider?

Qac Qaac   

Horta abaydiis, macaantiis... aad iyo aad baad ugu mahad santahay jawaabtaada. laakiin abaayo hal su'aal inta ay leenahay caruurta will grow out of it, baab jail lagu tuura, and that's it their record is ruined.

i agree with you, that ku waaween baa ka sii foolxun, laakiin caruurta xattaa waa in loosheega, before they do something big, and get into trouble.

also in our religion... there is no nothing called adolescent, or teen age ppl. once

Blessed   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

also in our religion... there is no nothing called adolescent, or teen age ppl. once

Says who? and why not?

Senora   

is ok to call 911 on your family if they abuse you?

Huh? AND what is wrong with this?

girls all want romantic life, waiting for mr. right.

I agree that its really a waste of time to wait for anyone(ms.right, mr.right)..But wanting a romantic life, I dont see whats wrong with that..And if your trying to imply that this "fad" has just happened to somalis who've migrated to western nations, then your wrong. My mother, along with many of my other elders who were raised back home have all desired romance, and I dont think there is any way to classify that as being right or wrong.

now they start calling the black ppl in canada Afri canadians

again, whats wrong with this? I identify myself as being African American, and not in any way to identify myself with the African Americans who are the descendants of the slaves in the Americas', but because not only am I Somalian, but I am also an American citizen,and I beleve that to be my preference and no one else's. Some of my friends and cousins who live in Canada place themselves in the African'Canadian category as well...and I belive that its also their preference as well, and how they chose to ientify themselves with isn't any business of yours.

Adna   

salaam,

let me say a liitle pit that really suprised me when i hear or should i say i witnised on incedent. it's like qac qac said calling 911 if your familly abuses you. we all know the fact that it wouldn't do any good if you call gaalo on your familly, or parent or may be a husband. it will just make bad situation to worst. now are you with me?. let me tell you i hear all storeis every time course we have mall at somali malls that is why i should say, any ways long story to make it short. it was this one girl she was married to this guy who he was a a second cousiong to her, they ware ok in their relationship but for some add reason soem one told here her hiusband did some'n wrong. so, she dicides to make him bay the price which he had nothing to do right well i can't say that but i think it would be better by not jumping to the conclution so, he comes home normally his wife waiting and do his job, then she calle 911 what happens she calaims that he rapped her, you tell me if that is wright or what? he go'es to jail by sleeping with his wife he prbably will be looking for more then 10 yrs in prison time, not only she locked him up but now she regrets and probably will be regreting the rest of her life and the poor guy she made his life worhjt nothing cause he had future a head of him haduu allah cimri sii yo sax, so my point is why are we calling 911, by acting like it's good thing yes i understand if the situation go'es out of hand may be but not like this sick dump Retarded,pple calling 911 to take advantage of it. excuse my language but i hate to see a brother in gaaloos hand walaahi ,,,, now i've got to stop before i say some more bad words ,,, you'all have blessed day. byee

Tuujiye   
Originally posted by Princess_Sexy:

[ I identify myself as being African American, and not in any way to identify myself with the African Americans who are the descendants of the slaves in the Americas', but because not only am I Somalian, but I am also an American citizen,and I beleve that to be my preference and no one else's.] sister we are somalians first not only africans. you have to understand why our black brothers are called afro americans. they are called afro american because one, ofcourse they are africans and two they don't know were they are from in africa. So there fore do to the slavery, our black brothers who were brought here lost their history, culture, and faith. And the only thing they knew was they are black and black people are from africa. however in this case us somali people are black yes and we are in america or canada doesn't matter. But since we know our historey and culture and have our faith, we should keep our status as somali americans. because when you use the word somali shows your identity, your history and your culture. But i agree with the fact that a person could claim what ever they wish. However one should know and understand what they are claiming to be. so sister since you know that your african and your race speaks for it self, you should also claim to be somalian first a somali african. I hope you understand my point and why its important for us to keep our nationality before everything.

wasalaama caleykum warax ma tulaahi wabarakaato,. ilaahey hadalkeena hanugu siiyo wax qeer aamiin misana aamiin.

Qac Qaac   

ok, let me start with ameenah, sister, there is no teen agers in our religion because once u reach 15, allah hold u accountable for your deeds. also through out our religion u see young ppl, who we now call them adolescent or teens leading big armies, a man job. like Usama bin Zayd, Muhamed bin Qasim, and Tariq Zaid, all great generals who were leading their respectful armies at the age of 17-18, now u tell me... also this is why u see a guy who is 20 something still acting like a kid. hell in these countries a 24 yrs old still things a kid. back home he already is a father has his own business...

now for sister princess_sexy... i am not denying to be like afro-american noo... don't misunderstand me. i was talking in the sense of their life style, the ghetto areas, non-education back ground, drugs, guns.. it is not the blacks fault, is just the system was set for them, and it worked on them really nice... see brother like Malcolm X i love, because they faught that ugly system against their ppl. but unfortunetly most of the blacks don't think like him..... and as being in canada, calling us afri-canadians doesn't mean a good thing for us. they wanna us to apply the same system on the afro-americans on us. already in Toronto areas u see the somalies killing each other, somalies dropping out of high schools, gangs, drugs.. hello ring a bell sis. that was, what i was talking about.

as for sister asraa masha'allah, beautiful thinking, i wish all the sisters thaught like u... even though u got little bit carried away loool.

as for the romantic part, again sister a man could only be romantic to his wife, so don't expect to see romance from him... we be romantic to the sense of our religion tells us... that's all.

Qac Qaac   

one more thing sister, princess-sexy.. we should call the white ppl, Euro-Americans too. coz whites are from Europe, and they too came to America.. it is not like the white's own america more then the black... so why they only call themselves americans, and not Euro-American?

when u say, afro american u r saying, they don't belong in america by reminding them where they come from, and they also thing like that. that's why u don't call them Euro_Americans, coz they'll tell u, they belong to America...

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

We are all aware, that we get influenced by our surroundings ,even somalis are not immunized against this.I noticed that many teenagers spoke less and less their mother tongue ( including me),acted like thugs to impress girls, dressed like their favorite hip-hop stars for the sake of being cool (including girls) and used guns to be more in control.

Still ,I have faith in my somali brothers and sisters because mistakes are made when you are young and I believe as you get older , you get wiser.But,that shouldnt be an excuse to sit and watch till they grow up.You have to intervene before things spill out of control. As muslims , it is mandatory to educate children the best way we can and live it to the future.

Every parent should educate their children with the help of a regular school and attend islamic classes at the same time , so children can benefit from Allah's teachings.They should also teach their children about our somali culture.Because you have to stand up like a soldier , tall and proud when you say that you are a somali,lol.

We should be glad that the somali culture still exists.It is unfortunate that black-Americans or black-Canadians never knew exactly from what countries they came and I believe they're still trying to regain and struggle for a black power.Nowadays , hip-hop culture is used to portrayed all the negativity in black people( violence and sex).But so many blacks are trying to get rid of these steretypes but medias dont help as well as their own victimization.

So the moral of my speech is that we have to fight for the survival of our beautiful culture.Certain things piss me off , when certain teens make fun of older somalis who dont speak english very well or even those who see their mother tongue as something exotic rather than an integral part of their identities.The fight is not over yet, we must not give up on our somalis even if they do bad things but rather support them.

lol   

Qac Qac: Aboowihiis macaankeey waa kugu raacsanahay in ISlam once a child reaches 15, they r adults, laakiinse taasna waxey suurta gashaa marka caruurta koriso the whole village instead of just the parents. And I agree with you on the fact that adults should intervene when a child astrays and set them str8, but the way we were thought of discipline doesn't work in the west. So what the parents are left with is, to sit and reason out with their kids, and let us be honesty, reasoning with kids isn't the style of a somali parent. So the masakiin kids are left to make their own choice.

But then Islam also tells us that, wax kasta waa qoran yihiin. if the child is destined to be imprisoned, regardless of what you do and how good a parent you were, he/she will get there. So all the parents in the west can do is pray and hope for the best.

Don't you think, this calls for a change in the parents' attitude towards their children rather than criticism of the kids?

Senora   

so my point is why are we calling 911, by acting like it's good thing yes i understand if the situation go'es out of hand may be but not like this sick dump Retarded,pple calling 911 to take advantage of it

Well then i guess we do understand each other....I'm not sure what your example did to argue with mines, but you do understand me when i say that, some instances do call for 911, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it, or advise someone else to.....and I knew of an instance, where a friend of mine( who was Somali)got out of a real mess when she called 911

garab tuujiye

i do understand your point, but i want you to understand something as well. I know of the differences between me and your average " African-American". I acknowledge that I'm Somalian, but I also acknowledge that I'm African, and not because of the same reasons the African Americans do, but just simply because I am African as well. I'm not pushing aside my somalian culture in any way, so dont' mistake that with my decision with categorizing myself as an African-American.

Qac Qac

already in Toronto areas u see the somalies killing each other, somalies dropping out of high schools, gangs, drugs.. hello ring a bell sis

I'm not relating myself to these actions.....i have my reasons for choosing to be labeled as an African-Afican, and I didnt see anything wrong with that...I think it becomes a problem when people try to relate those actions with their race/religion/nationality... What does being African-American, or African-Candian have to do with gangs, drugs. If we start to label certain identities with stereotypes, then the problem lies within the societies. I hope you understand me.... I'm not going to stp labeling myself as an African-American, just because of the misguided,irresponsible, uneduated fools that that engage inthese acts, or because of society that feeds into these actions and create the stereotypes and generalizations that exist today.

one more thing sister, princess-sexy.. we should call the white ppl, Euro-Americans too. coz whites are from Europe, and they too came to America.. it is not like the white's own america more then the black... so why they only call themselves americans, and not Euro-American?

when u say, afro american u r saying, they don't belong in america by reminding them where they come from, and they also thing like that. that's why u don't call them Euro_Americans, coz they'll tell u, they belong to America...

Now that takes us to a whole other issue.....A few of my African-America friends dont want to label themselves as such because they feel that they have just about the same rights as the whites do who claim themselves as Americans. And i agree. Thats the whole reason i claim myself as an American as well. I was born here, raised here and benefited from many of the opportunities...So why is it, the blacks, who were forced here aren't able to claim this land the way the whites do. I'm not sure? But that doesn't mean I agree with it. I have my reasons for identifying myself as who I am, and others do too. If the whites feel that they want to call them selves Americans, then I say let them, but the African-Americans should have that right as well.

Qac Qaac   

so i guess we all agree here.

Hibo well said sis. haa parents and the kids both should be told. parents should change their ways of upbringing the kids, and the kids need to be taught their identity...

princess sexy u said it all. and i agree with u.

Tuujiye   

waaaaaaa hagaag...lol..

Hey princess 1 question sweety..do your afro american friends think your african american?...did you asked them how they see you..?

I asked this question because my afro americans don't see me like we are in the same shoes.. They say i'm somalian or somali Canadian...

But as you said you could decide to be what you want.

ps. i understood your point and i do agree with you but I just had that Question..

I dont think somalis changed...

why?

girls used to date back home! ask your parents or somali elders and you will find out how girls used to date.thugs if we didnt have tuugs back home then why do we have the word moryan in our dictionary.. ever heard of ciyaal faycali.. there was a time somali's used to have their hair cut alfis style that was a huge (probaly to this day) in somali.why? answer would be who was huge in the 80"s micheal jackson, prince, micheal something they gay guy.(i think you know where am going with it)

dont tell me somalis used to wear hijaab all the time i mean somali women used to walk around in their dirac without gabarsaar some even used to go clubbing .there were clubs in somali.(we all know that dont we?).

and about the 911 children used to run from their parents homes and run to other cities, am sure if we had "911" they would use it.

am not saying all the thing u mention are not problems somalis are facing today but u I think is jumbing off to a conclution a little too fast , all the things u mention have been an on going societal issue, time changes and so do people(which why somali teenager are singer 50 instead of billy jean..micheal jackson) , these days it might be alittle extreme because the timewe R in is extreme its self.. smile.gif

for the brother that said african americans dont have history? do ming elaborating on your hypothesis a little more.. The word Africanin the american says it all for me ..

Tuujiye   

waraa salafi, you didn't understand the point we are trying to make my friend..We neva said all this didn't exist back home sxb..we said it got worse. yes ciyaal faycali was a gange and yes girl used to wear dirac with gabasaar..but my friend there was no clubs in somalia "publicly". thats if we are talking about hamar.

the clubs were only for the rich and famous.

but the point is that all this lead to what somalia is right now. So being here we should be different and not walk back to the past. If a kid here gets in to a fight and cops get involved, that kid is going to jail and his record is f'ed..what good did this do for his parents who brought him here to be educated so he could help them. The system here is much more different than ours. maybe if we were in our country, we could mess around but we are not. We are a guessed and we should be be taking advantage of this country that became our step mother. So my friend if the youth today are the leaders tomorrow, we are all in trouble. because as we said in reer hamar.."jug jug meeshaada joog" nothing will change in our country. We are changing fast bro very and is nothing like the change in somalia.....And african americans have no more history and if you want proof read about Malcom X or the roots and how the roots talks about the change in name, culture, religion ext...

jaaaaw