Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

are we getting stuuu pider?

NinBrown   

Qac & Garba tujiye

The truth hurts and many ppl in this forum cant accept the truth..but dont worry they will live.

To the rest

When We as Somalians reffer to african-americans or Jamaicans on it is on a negative connotation..i realise this is wrong but it has developed over the years. When ur mum wants to tell u be good in school she says 'madowga kahar' So when the brothers used this terminology thats what they meant. there many good black americans & Jamaicans who r muslim..but then they r muslim and no one is saying anything about them. Thats what u have to understand.

One other thing is ppl becoming westernised think they are open minded but in fact they have been influenced by the westerners to look into life through their hypocratic telescope...so all u finger pointing girls look into u r selves and look at what telescope u use.

This thing about femenism...its whole lot of western ideass...which degrades women, cos it makes them an object for men..who have no free will of their own apart from serving the sexual desires of men..if u disagre..look into the western media and how they portray women...ISLAM gave women their freedom 1400 years ago...whilst these western ppl were still debating in the 1800's whether women have soul or not and u talk about freedom.

Can a feminst explain to me why there r semi-naked women in advertisments fro mens shaving material? I rest my case. Sorry if i ofded any1

raula   

OK..change of subject here:-here is my observations..(not really,generalization)!

Why is it that Somali guyz prefer 'other' women than somali ladies (especially, whites)? Nevertheless, those guyz who have been with a white woman in the beginning, alwayz brag about what the white woman can do incontrast to the somali girl. Also, many of the somali youth(men)have eroded from their culture,DEEN and family values by entrusting themselves into Clubbing, dressing like the 'ghetto-fab,' dating 'other' ethnicities and so on. Don't they realize that they are jeopardizing their backgrounds?

I suggest then, they need to be taken back to Somalia and given a lesson of "how to acculturate in western societies without falling off the edge=101".

Disclaimer! this is not my perpective/perception, but hopefully one can spot the generalization/narrow-bended ideology that is depicted in paragraph. This is exactly what the 'poster' of this topic has been emphasizing-only to somali women though.

I have also noticed, that GARAB TUJIYE(weird!) always adds 'offending sarcasm' (I actually think its insulting-CAY sometimes) at the end of his posts? and you call yourself a muslim? (what a wonder!)

DnD..your post about 'what if we call somali guys this and that' really hit the point---but QQ (pessimistic in some way) hardly noticed the generalization.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

How did this topic get out of control ? Bismillahi ,I didnt logged in for 6 days and when I come all I see is that the debate is rotating around Garab tuujiye ,QacQac & Opi.You 3 should be ashamed of yourselves.

As different you may sound to one another , you have many things in common :D .You are all opitionated and quote each other to the extent of wasting precious times on the SOL ,but I know you do also care about the Somali culture and Islam and Im relieved at this thought.

Let me waste also my time :D by commenting some quotes so you can understand where Im trying to get into.

. "I could help thinking that maybe you are with and Afro American brother "

My dear Garab tuujiye, I hope you are not assuming that Opi has an afro-American boyfriend ,thus being the reason why she might defend afro-Americans.Im sure she didnt tell you anything specific about her life since most the times you're not getting along.Brother ,if this isnt what you meant ,I hope your are going to clarify it because I do not understand it.

Second of all you treat Opi as a dumb girl : I DON'T THINK YOUR THAT SMART.... I think its not the best solution to call someone immature to make your points because you will always get the opposite reaction.

To Opi , your arguments always spark fire in the SOL ,I do like some of your opinions and sometimes you piss me off , :D , I guess everyone's contribution to the debate is important.But sis ,you shouldnt have posted your PM to discredite Garab.And Im telling you this, not because I defend Garab but because a PM stays a PM.If you want to deal in private ,do it in private.

If you got sumthing to say in public ,you are welcomed as long as you are not posting private conversations in public.

To QacQac ,like Opi and Garab ,your posts trigger frustration ,anger,wisdom :D and most of the times a nice debate.I do understand the issues that you bring up in the SOL.

But the problem with you, is that you dont really explain at the beginning of your posts what you are trying to say and most of the times , I get confused before realizing what is your point.

For example you asked us if calling 911 was ok if we were abused.Even though you were against all kinds of abuses your sentence implied the opposite.My advice to you , make sure that what you are writing reflects what you are thinking.

Here's how you can solve this beef ,first of all I think Garab and QacQac meant that we as somalis have to make efforts in order to save from whats left of the somali culture.

And by that we have to work on our deen , believe me living in the west might give you great opportunities such as education and jobs but at the end, remember that your faith in your religion is more important.

It is true that there’re many Somalian sisters who date Afro American Brothers And there Are many Somali brothers who date Afro American sisters an white girls.. But some do it because they love the person, and decide to get them to become Muslim if they are not which is really nice. But there are some, who know nothing about their culture infect hate, their culture and religion and Nationality. And the only reason thy at Afro American or whites I because they are trying to fit in and wanting to be westernized.

Some of you pointed out that Garab was making discriminatory comments towards somali girls but If I read the quote above I dont see what suggests that.In fact I believe his comment was directed towards both men and women.

Opi has some strong opinions and I do agree with her that living in the west doesnt mean that we are necessarily brainwashed and all afro-Americans are not what we always see on TV.

To all nomads ,we are all aware that keeping our values in a non-muslim country can be a tricky task.Nobody said that things were easy ,you have to educate yourselves and others if you want to be strong.As for the afro-Americans ,their struggle is not done yet ,they have to seperate themselves from the dirty values that dirty videos preach.

The thing I dont like is that most black rap artists will tell you that they respect women but their vidoes always imply the opposite.They preach more about the importance of having a big diamond chain , a nice car , a beautiful house and prostitutes more than anything else.And I know many somalis will follow them just to be cool.

You can be muslim and still have black-Americans friends but be sure that their values correspond to your muslim values and Im specially telling this to Opi because I believe this is what QacQac and Garab have tried to make you understand.

^^ Nicely put Bambina. I think you more or less summarised everything perfectly. If only u had gotten here earlier! :D

Nino,

I dont think anyone was discussing the merits of feminism or the benefits of being a feminist. Nor did anyone denying that Islam granted women all their rights centuries ago. Some of the brothas just felt the need to brand the sistas they disagreed with as 'feminists' so as to dismiss their arguments. Thats about it.

Qac Qaac   

Nino Brown, man, adigu nin oday ah baad tahay, oo xikmad leh... what else can i say...

DnD, and Bombina, Hibo, caramel Kisses...I admitted already there some Boqoro girls in our nomad family here... and u guys are definately one of them... but the sad thing, there are some homeland security here...

Bombina u said it, everything the way, i meant it. which proves i agree with girls, if they make sense like bombina... the rest of you iska qeel qeeliya.. meelna igama galeeso....

Raula...it is no pt of saying anything to u... my responses to the other ppl, implies to u too..

Tuujiye   

Salaama Caleykum..

LOL.. bambina wlc back. we missed you lol.

DnD Kaalay adiga Garbaha in lagaa tuu tuujiyo aa u baahan tahay ma istiri. Listen waxaa meesha ka jirtay feminism oo clear ah hadii aadan arag ma arkin dheh laakiin hana masabidin bisadi haku haruuftee..lol..

Raula this time you spoke very lovely well said.

is about time quraan maa lagugu aqriyey yaab waaye. I don't respect any man who doesn't like his somalian sister because he doesn't know what he is missing on..I personaly don't like guys who date White girl because it doesn't make sense to me. But every one have their own opinion. Sis the point i been saying in every post i made look at it care full wasn't attacking girls and who they date or merrie, but i was against the culture clash thats all..

If i disrespect any of you forgive me cause i'm just a human if not ha idinku taagnaato!!lol..

hey lets debate nicely and I promise I will change my ways.

P.S...tii ama kii wax iga soo daba qore oo negative maka haraayi yaah..god dooli xataa waa ka daba galaa hadaba..lol..

Mama Hibo thanks hooyo samicnaa wa adacnaa..lol..

waraa kuwiina jiq da kutahay ha idinku taag naato kuwiina kalana ha idiin macaanato..lol..

Originally posted by garab tuujiye:

DnD Kaalay adiga Garbaha in lagaa tuu tuujiyo aa u baahan tahay ma istiri. Listen waxaa meesha ka jirtay feminism oo clear ah hadii aadan arag ma arkin dheh laakiin hana masabidin bisadi haku haruuftee..lol..

Maxaa tidhi? Garbaha in la ii tuu tuujiyo aan u baahanahay? Balo! Garbo tuujintaadu inay illegal tahay ayaan umaleenayaa ee iskakeydhaaf walaalo.

Maka yaabtaa inaad topic kale ku khaldaysid tan? Waayo wax la odhan karo waa feminist oo hablaha aad haysatid qoreen maan arkin anigu. Maybe, isku wax ayeeynaan akhriyeen?

Bal maxaa meeshan igu soo celiyey hadaba? redface.gif