Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Hospitals

Originally posted by Juxa:

i went to see a relative who had a tumor removed in his head. there were alot of family and friends when the doctor explained that his frontal lobe was not affected and no cancerous cells.

due to the position of the tumor they had to cut a large section of his forehead.

come 5pm and some visitors started narrating what the doctor said, how the tumor was as big as small baaldi (bucket), how maskaxda uu taabtay etc.

the poor man was terrified and actually thought hadalkii dhaqtarka inaan sifiican loogu sharxin.

Some hospitals now only use Medical translators to pass the messege on rather than relatives which makes sense i suppose.

Originally posted by Moxie Crimefighter:

**don't worry if I don't make sense...I'm writing this after a twelve hours shift...why the hell am I on the computer anyway?!!!!**

Moxie Woxie, so THAT's where you've been hiding!

I used to get annoyed with visitors too until my lil bro got hospitalized a couple of months ago and I had to stay with him. It gets REALLY lonely FAST! Wallahi, those visitors are a Godsend! There was never a dull moment as visitors kept streaming in with hot coffee, warm delicious food, all kinds of cakes and laughter all hours of the day. Some neighbors of ours even slept on the cold floor on some nights. I realized that it is a blessing to have people who care enough about you.

There is nothing wrong visiting a sick person, but to turn the entire ICU into a football field is NO NO. I remember an incident where security guard was called on group of Somalis for not only being loud, but when a young guy started preaching DIIN to gaaladii both visitors and nurses.

Markaan jirrano yaan is jeclaanaa!

Marka ugu horeysa ilaah hanaga ilaaliyo jirada, marka xigta, blv me after what i have seen during the birth of my youngest child, it is a blessing to have someone come in and give you the releif you want and need when you are about to explode ,these guest who are visiting you sometimes they are a God given releif. Marka ku duceysta in la idiin soo booqdo.

Teeda kale when the Hospital notice how well you are being followed and visited the chance of being stolen your lousy kidney and limbs will become impossible. so wish to be visited

I would never complain about visitors, somali or non-somali, they keep the patient distracted from pain and are their to support the patient. The other day I had a patient who was dying and nobody was there for her out of all her five children. Wallahi I felt so sorry for her, I would not want any patient to die alone. The somalis that visit the hospital I work in are so cool, we never had any problems with them and if they get too loud, I just tell them to keep it down.

I've spent a lot of time in hospitals and been to few nursing homes because aging parents and grandparents and these visits, this is where i will give fellow Somalis credit for rather then admonish. I always found it shocking that other people find it odd that we would stay, sleep over night even with our sick relatives. This is alien to other Americans but i've always found the fact the their relatives don't come see them as often. yes they can be a little insensitive but have learned that older Somalis don't consider it insensitive...