Sign in to follow this  
Azmaya

Let's Talk about Sex

Azmaya   

I am not here be nasty. but suit yourself if u think I am being nasty really don’t care. :rolleyes:

But why do we as Somalis find it difficult to talk about sex? What is wrong with talking about sex? Its human nature, discussed openly by the Prophet. If this subject is kept hush hush, where do you think the young will get their information? We are not in Somalia, sex is everywhere in the west.

I plan to be an ob/gyn, therefore the human anatomy or sex is no big deal to me to discuss, even with the opposite sex. What’s the big deal I ask you?

Are you guys brave enough to talk about sex?

hush my lil one is what many ppl will say to you, for we as ppl do not discuss this topic till one is married.

but i am all ears, let me know what u wanna know. shot...!

nemo   

Originally posted by Azmaya:

where do you think the young will get their information?

Well at school and other kids that’s the best place I reckon. That’s where most of the young feel more comfortable talking about than to their parents. Even the west that’s where most get their information, either school or other kids and you can add siblings but hardly. Well sadly I was exposed to such thing at a young age 12 at school and I could not have learnt at a worst place. Where we are mixed with boys and girls. If we were separated I am cool but still I think 12 was a bit too young. My little sister was even worse at 10 because she was at a higher level than her age. And I think that’s when I started hanging out with only girls; it took my innocents I tell you.

Originally posted by Azmaya:

I plan to be an ob/gyn, therefore the human anatomy or sex is no big deal to me to discuss, even with the opposite sex. What’s the big deal I ask you?

First of all why the hell you want to discuss such thing with the opposite sex? You one hell brave and crazy one, I can’t even talk to my cousins FEMALES about it. And what is there to discuss about it we know it so. That’s the end of story unless you want to go all nasty and stuff.

It has nothing to do with courage, but rather with modesty. We're of course influenced and guided by our religion, culture and personal beliefs.

Zafir   

Don't know much really. All I know about sex is that, if you’re not careful, the girls’ ends up with software that takes 9months to download. Oh yeah and it’s best done behind closed doors after Nikaax

-Lily-   

lol@zafir

Scarlet said it all, be more specific. There is a wealth of information on the topic if you are interested in it from whatever view. No need to discuss it here.

ScarFace   

Talk is cheap why the hell do you wanna talk about sex...... :confused:

Its not something you talk about but something you experience.......... so you wanna know the different positions..

there's ******* ooops censored

............. :D:D

Zafir loooool

Theres the Anti-Virus dee Works 99% of the time..... icon_razz.gif

Azmaya   

Rudy brotha, I hit LA many times where yall at, the malias? Love LA & san Diego hot hot. Yall, it aint that I want to know what sex is, the subject doesn’t bother me but I know it bothers many many malis as scarlet stated the reasons.

I wanted to put the subject out there and discuss it between the men & women openly here, as I can see SOL aint up to it, there is no need to be distasteful when talking about the subject I am not talking about the act-but our views, misconceptions, what we hear, how we feel about it as men and women. Some may be too shy in the real world to ask questions, but I think its useful information to know how the opposite sex views the subject matter, ect.

I was looking for a discussion between the opposite sex on here about the subject, moral, medical, religious, views, misconceptions, questions, or what have u. But it is fine hush hush, and lets ignore the topic, what better venue then here to know how Somali men & women view the topic.

I guess I will start, from a conversation: First nite together, if the girl doesn’t feel comfortable in having sex, how do u feel as a man? What if she doesn’t feel comfortable in the first week, ect what to do guys? U wouldn’t believe what some of the boys said, what do yall say?

Ps: we know the act is big no no before marriage. People still do it while they know it is wrong n that’s there business, if u want to discuss how islam views sex more then welcome, but “holy" :rolleyes: folks let those of us who live in the real world and still keep our Islam discuss it how we want it, everyone’s deeds is between him and Allah, save it. Merci in advance.

and thanks Scarlet walaalo, good luck to u & all of yall.

we know the act is big no no before marriage. People still do it while they know it is wrong n that’s there business, if u want to discuss how islam views sex more then welcome, but “holy" folks let those of us who live in the real world and still keep our Islam discuss it how we want it, everyone’s deeds is between him and Allah, save it. Merci in advance.

I usually dont do this but Lets keep it real. Let me ask you few questions to get the conversation started.

If people do it' does that make it a norm for muslims ? to the point that they openly discuss it with the opposite sex?

let those of us who live in the real world and still keep our Islam discuss it how we want it

What's that suppose to mean' Unless you are married. in that case..discuss it with your husband or wife. If not then just cuz people are sinning (while aware)..lets discuss the sins openly? I thought as muslims we are suppose to order good and forbid evil. and sex before marriage is evil..am i right? Also if you want real information, there is always a doctor or sheikh who is expert in the questions that you have....if that is what u looking for :rolleyes:

Ok' It looks like you are not interested in getting information about sex' but just you want to know how others do it! :D

'First nite together, if the girl doesn’t feel comfortable in having sex how do u feel as a man'

Objection your honor!..... icon_razz.gif that is too personal.

NaaiMa   

Yeahh I don't think I could really talk about sex with anyone really especially the opposite sex..ditto what scarlet said, I really do think its more modesty then bravado.

But umm yeah carry away!

Azmaya, let me take a crack at what you are getting at, and correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Normally, I find such threads boring and distasteful, but you asked a very important question about our youth's involvement in such acts, and you wrote:

If this subject is kept hush hush, where do you think the young will get their information? We are not in Somalia, sex is everywhere in the west.

It's simple, the reason why our society keeps it hush hush is because they figured if they ignore the most alarming problem within our communities long enough that the problem might disappear on its own and as a result, it backfires.

More and more youth are going out there and having pre-marital sex without preparing for the consequences and as a result, they either end up getting pregnant or they get sex related diseases out of the acts and by the time they realize how that affects their lives, its too late to do anything about it.

The most logical way to approach such things is make it aware to those that are closest to you, the youth around your community, educate them, and hopefully more pple would join you and maybe, just maybe things might work out on its own.

This pre-marital sex is epidemic to society as a whole, but most importantly, our somali pple as a whole. Yes, Pre-marital sex is a no no, but if you don't have a sit down with your child and tell him/her the consequences of doing such acts, how are they suppose to learn it? You want them to find out from jane next door, or amy from their math class that the type of experiences they had so that your child, ahmed and anisa can be pressured into doing it and you know that.

You have to realize, these youths today are exposed to alot more things then we ever were exposed to. There is pressure everywhere these and without the proper tools, education, these youths will crack and as a result, you the parent who is reading this might react but react late.

My message for today is, ACT, or YOU WILL REACT.

I think Azmaya went about the wrong way to bringing this discussion up, but as I said, correct me if I'm wrong, did u or did u not have the intent of going about this way with the discussion? Who knows eh?

Azmaya   

I did walaalo LayZieGirl, discussion was the intention. Someone finally gets it, Oh Lord I thought SOL was a cult there for minute.

Repsonse to diggy

I usually dont do this but Lets keep it real. Let me ask you few questions to get the conversation started.

If people do it' does that make it a norm for muslims ? to the point that they openly discuss it with the opposite sex?

Non it doesn’t that was not the intention, discussion was.

Walaalo hurto the question about the first night was to test the waters, I am not a shy gal and that doesn’t make moi any less modest or religious, If u or others think it, so be it, I aint here to make friends, I keeps it real. Modesty is very important in Islam & to me, but to the point that we are shy to discuss issues like this openly and make topics such as this taboo is not Islamic & counterproductive. Do you blush or feel awkward to say sex, penis, or vagina, or does this make u any less modest or a religious Muslim? We are aware the Prophet himself discussed sex openly, yet the very self-proclaimed “holy†people today can’t even say the name of the subject.

What's that suppose to mean' Unless you are married. in that case..discuss it with your husband or wife. If not then just cuz people are sinning (while aware)..lets discuss the sins openly? I thought as Muslims we are suppose to order good and forbid evil. and sex before marriage is evil..am i right? Also if you want real information, there is always a doctor or sheikh who is expert in the questions that you have....if that is what u looking for :rolleyes:

Hurto, who is advocating sex before marriage here or sins here, not moi. Discussion walaalo amongst us, how do u correct something if you don’t know the ills of it or know how others in our “holy†Somali community look at it. Most know the disease before you can cure it. I dont want information about sex, I was looking for exchanges amongst us better then talk with sheik or doctor. Believe moi not for my benefit, but other viewers. I’ve heard messed up shit from some in our closet community, and am positive likes of them view SOL.

Ok' It looks like you are not interested in getting information about sex' but just you want to know how others do it! :D

Walaalo, that question was testing the waters, & the answers I heard were crazy hilarious. but I can see yall are uptight bunch so save it, I could care less of how people do it-uff that info is not of interest, how many times can I repeat: discussion. We Can have a discussion without being untasteful.

Objection your honor!..... icon_razz.gif that is too personal.

Personal eh?, no knows u even if they do know u who gives shit what people think? Yall want to keep the topic on the down low, fine by moi. Save it & move on I am tired of repeating myself.

Salaamz

Ibtisam   

Sex is over rated. What is there to talk about :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it is nothing nasty or mysterious about it, and you certainly don't need to be brave to talk about it. What is there to be brave about :confused:

In saying that, there is time and place for everything. i don't see the constant need to talk about sex, it is unnecessary and unless you are x-rated, been around the block kinda chick there is not much to say.

Somali people older people have strange views about it, for example whenever me and my family talk about it, the female always insist it is torture and a burden on women and men are selfish assholes, who only see their desires and nothing else.

I’m out

peace

Khalaf   

Somali people older people have strange views about it, for example whenever me and my family talk about it, the female always insist it is torture and a burden on women and men are selfish assholes, who only see their desires and nothing else.

:D:D , yaaaa Raab! IB shhhhhhhhh! :D

run away from this topic, not good for my virgin eyes :D:D

Why would u want to talk about sex between the sexes, its bound to get dirty. We are Muslims!