Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

What About Somalia!!!

Tuujiye, waliga adoo saa u baroore maku arkin, ee maxaa cabaadka kaa-keenayo? I hope inuu magaca aan badalaa oo Al-Falastini igu waca ee kaa tahay ee san jirin. If it is about the name, iisoo sheeg, anaa Abuu Al-Falastini/Filastini, kuu weydinayo inuu magaciisa loaner kugu sameeyo.

TO Ibti in regards to:- "You ask them to sign a petition for ceasefire, or send a text or send a prewritten e-mail, or make dua, none of it costs you money and takes about 5mins of your time, so WHY WOULD you turn around and say WHAT About SOMALIA?? ".

Speaking of won't cost this or that, if the social movements you support were well structured and their practices were more conventional, then not only will you influence the average xalimo or farah but you would actually make a difference.

On the other hand, sending a text here and there, calling a palestinian ayeeyo once every 20 yrs to tell her "Ayeeyo we are with u on this one" or taking part in a violence protest will not make a difference nor will it be effective in the eyes of many.

Tuujiye   

I don't understand people who always say WHAT ABOUT SOMALIA??? What about it? WHat have you done for Somalia, or what are you DOING for Somalia at the moment that you have to stop doing in order to support GAZA. IF you was actively doing something for SOMALIA, or you was in Somalia working or a run an agency or development program for Somalia, then yes it makes no sense for you to stop it, in order to contribute to Palestine. What makes sense is that you continue with your contribution to Somalia and give or do what else you can do for Gaza. Helping people is mutual conclusive and doing one thing does not suddenly make you blind to other injustices elsewhere.

What I don't understand is people WHO do nothing for Somalia (Remittance maybe), yet use it as an excuse. You ask them to sign a petition for ceasefire, or send a text or send a prewritten e-mail, or make dua, none of it costs you money and takes about 5mins of your time, so WHY WOULD you turn around and say WHAT About SOMALIA?? Well you can add another 5mins and do the same for Somalia, in fact if you donate 1hour of your time day to helping others or creating awareness, you can afford to use 50mins on Somalia and 10mins on other world crisis. If you want priorities Somalia, it is not a problem, the problem is when you use “Somalia is a mess and if I am going to do something, it will be for Somalia” and then do NOTHING.

No one is asking people on the front line in Somalia to suddenly drop what they are doing and queue up at the Egyptian border to help with the emergency relief there, so please save us the drama, you don’t have to choose, you can do both and so much more if you put your mind to it. It is your Islamic duty and responsibilities in Islam are aligned as; you, your immediate family, your near relatives, your far relatives and then the general Muslims.

Lol Layzie I know this topic and way of writing is a little of my style but I have to try to mix in sometimes. I can’t be standing out lol…

Ibtisam the Avatar you have suits you… Before you jump into the conversation or in this case argument, read all the other postings….

1. You are asking me a question as if you know me! I say that because I opened the topic. Personally speaking I am very much involved in helping my people, here in my community or back home.

2. I never said we should turn the blind eye to what is happening to our brothers and sisters in Palestine nor have I said we shouldn’t be able to do things or help both at the same..

3. Far relatives are your somalian people! Unless, you see it as clan or a tribe.

The point of this argument is not to ignore what is happening in Palestine today but is why are we so engaged in helping Somalia which needs us first. In the long run, Somalia will benefit us more than Palestine will because like it or hate it we only share religion with Palestine and nothing else. In Somalia’s case, is our home which we share faith, race, and culture. What ever we do for Palestine it will never be something we could bring it with our own actions us Somalis but we could bring our home “Somalia” back with our own actions..

I’m not saying we should not help Palestine, but we should make the same effort in helping our people and country men even thou is a mess today and sad!

Wareer Badanaa!!

nuune   

^^^ You are infected with the Virus of "Somalian", I hate that word with passion, goormaa cudurka lagugu tallaalay saaxiiboow :mad:

It is Somali, of all people, do I have to tell Tuujiska about the correct term, aakhiru zamaan

NGONGE   

^^ Af ingreesiga ma adiga eska leh, saaxib? :D

In Af Somali you are a Somali. Lakin afafka kale waxay doonan bay ku bixin karan. A Masri is called an Egyptian (even though he does not call himself that). A Hindi is called an Indian (even though he does not call himself that). You call an Ethiopian a Xabashi (even though he probably does not call himself that). Marka kibirka jooji and don't get angry over trivial matters, xaaji. Maalak anta? icon_razz.gif

As for the topic, stuff and nonsense of course.

nuune   

^^^ Ngonge, dhiig kar ayaan ka qadaa when I heard someone saying Somalian, sxb, we are different from those races you mentioned, Habashi is the ethnic or the language, while Ethiopia is not, u won't hear Ethiopian, rarely, I woulnd't mind Somalilander, putting "er" at the end, but "somaliAN", waa total corruption and I would fight to remove it :D

Tuujiye inaa ceejiyo waaye for repeating that word, the man changed since he got hitched :D

Waraa stay beezaani maraxyahow no matter what

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

You are asking me a question as if you know me! I say that because I opened the topic. Personally speaking I am very much involved in helping my people, here in my community or back home.

So that we can learn from you, why don't you tell us what you've done for the people "back home".

Tuujiye   

^^ I'll tell you when you drop this "ciraaqi" flag you waving.

Nuune waraa Somalian ayaa tahay cunug yahoo majaha goranyada leh!! kibir aaba keentee lol.. Somali i dheh kulahaa..Somali is the language, Somalian is qaabkaada qamaam yahoo lol..

Farancab, Somalia Alshabab didn't get the habashi out, they chosed to leave lol....ilaaheyna nuguma soo cesho. This doesn't mean Ethiopia will stop crupting somalia.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Ibtisam   

So basically you are just moaning for the sake of it. The question is What could someone be doing for Somalia while still in the west that stops them from chipping in to any other crisis? What does speaking out against other oppressions take away from Somalia?

I did somewhat read the other postings, what is your point? My response was a general response to everyone who uses that line, nothign personal to you or anyone else.

Tuujiye   

^^ you write as if your full of your irritated and dislike of my sayings or writings lol.. I guess thats how you are in here lol.. I been reading your topics and your prety smart and know some general knowledge but sidii somali gabasaar weyn ayaa iskaga duufeysaa wax kaste!! you still think the topic is against speaking out for other appressed people... before you jump to conclusion of what you write, read other writings lol...mise okiyaalayaashii 70's ayaa kuu xirin?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Ibtisam   

I'm just tired of people asking me what about somalia, I've heard this over 500 times in the last 3weeks, it is enough to drive anyone mad. I'm take back my jumped conclusions, baal what are you saying haadaab?

Thanks in advance.

there is no room for those who self-hate and promote the interest of other nations! that is tantamount to treason! punishable by years in hargeisa central prison with no phone link to with either Gaza or Burco!