Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Who wears a macawis here?

Fabregas   

I wore one during a visit to to the miyi and I hated the damn thing; couldn't figure out how to tie the bloody thing. My cousin had to even get lessons froma female relative, sida macawista loo adkeysto. I brought it back to the UK and I mite wear it once in a blue moon! Long live Somali culture :D

mawis_beach.jpg

N.O.R.F   

I wore one last year but only until I was fed up with it (after a couple of days) so out came the tracksuit bottoms :cool:

My cousin had to even get lessons froma female relative

Sure that wasn't you? :D

LOL i swear by it.

after i came back from Somalia .. i became an expert wearing in wearing the thing .. i even wear it to the mosque sometimes which is close to my house.

sxb there is nothing more comfortable to sleep in complete freedom without any restrictions :D

it's the next best thing to sleeping naked

a female relative showed me how to tie it properly as well .. to get the fold in the middle & tighten without a belt. i always get macawiis as a gift from family& friends i have at least half a dozen lying around

Professor, is this really about knowing who wears macawiis or showing off your picture?(the far left is professor and the rest are his non somali friends that accompanied him to his miyi trip) icon_razz.gif

STOIC   

My mom sends me new Macawis every year if she brushed shoulders with any one coming to North America. I use it whenever I get tired with my PJ’s . It lets breeze air inside conveniently. I could easily fold it up with my huge flabby hands. Whenever I wear it I easily adore my tingly belly pot from far :D

Ms DD   

Threads like this convinces me that there should be a men's forum.

Tingly, air, without restrictions are all unnecessary talk smile.gif

Ladies also wear it, but it is called gorgorad

Malika   

^But ladies dont wear gorgorad outside the house on its own, do they?

Macawiis requires a skill to wear it properly without it looking like one has been caught doing something he shouldnt.. :D

Cara.   

^Exactly. A googarad is like a hi-tech macawis... that elastic band means you don't have to keep checking to see if you're decent.

I do.

Macawis is cool. It lets you relax quite well. The experience is similar to that "Are you Gellin'" commercial from Dr. Scholls. :D

White t-shirt and macawis are the dress code requirements for my home office. :D

Fabregas   

^^You don't know, Rudy? I beginning to fink you never came across all these Xalimoz u say in YOUR posts!

Lazie, lol, that's not me in the pic, not that there's anything wrong with those brothers. If you want to see my pic, I am nin Wadaad, so it will have to go through the correct process and Sheikh Nur baa arimaha kale isku daba-ridaya, sorry Marx! ;)

ps. I think I think i'll have 2 go and find my macawis

Ms DD, a men section? we already have one in the Sports Secion and the Politics section. :D if you mean girly men section, where you talk about ur problems, naaaah....Somali guyz are too macho for that, must be our big muscles :D

I use macawis for sleeping and sometime espically in the summer going to neaby mosque. If you are afraid of accidental undressing when going outside, make sure you are wearing boxer shorts and a belt on the macawis.