Sign in to follow this  
PhiL

I need some *** shaking music

PhiL   

Hi one and all. I'm asking everyone here for their *** shaking music suggestions. I cannot for the life in me find anything under that category. I don't care if it's english, somali, jamaican, or even pakistani (i'm not discriminating anything here) smile.gif

Oh by the way, has anyone heard of some jamaican singer called "Kevin Little"? He's got some funky songs.

Thanks One and All!

A7LA-SHU   

heyyy u forgot arabian music in dat list lol..

i didn't get ur q. are u askin what kinda music do we like?? if that is what u askin. then i would say arabian baby. sorry to say this but there is no other music better than arabian :D;) ... i ain't hatin..

well ma opinion will be reggae...definately reggae...

mostly elephant man,TOK,spraga benz,buju bunton,bounty killer and ofcourse the one an only seandaaa pauuuul(sean paul)bow down ;)

oh yeah that kevin little guy is kinda aight...the only song i heard by him is 'turn me on' and its tight...k thas ma 2 cent...peace

zak99   

somali music is my thing. rest, i dont really care 4 the rest. i was down in la saturday where they had nomad get together..boy they played some mean music! anyone from this forum went there! the food, chicks, atomsphere was all de bomb. i had a blast. :D

PhiL   

Oh hey guys, Thanks for your suggestions. I'm kinda slow in responding to anything in here!

I need to lose weight, so I thought if i had some funky music, i would be motivated to actually start 'moving'.

I keep hearing about this elephant man... what kinda songs should i look out from him?

Seanda Paull is such-a- cutie patutie!

i wouldn't mind stickin' to him like glue ne-tyme!

raula   

My suggestions would be..get any video by some Zairean singers..the most famous..Koffi Olomide :D:D , Papa wemba, etc....and just copy what the ladies in the video are doing..I guarantee you would lose weight and learn some rumba/lingala...better than that belly dancing shakira does...definately :D:D

PhiL   

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion raula. actually, i happen to like shakira's swivling hips. I reckon if u do that for 10 minutes a day, you'd reduce ur hip size dramatically. So far, I'm just copying the chicks from the sean paul film clips. Maybe I should join a club...

Paragon   

Try Mombasa Cha'ka'Cha, or Bongo, Lingala known as zairwa -(Kanda-bongoman) and kuito (quito - afrobeat),... you can even such for Wape wape vdonge vyao..... how about Mwambao Ta'arab? have you thought of belly dancing? Albanian Gypsy? ...Don't forget about Calypso... thats the real deal for you I know. Buju Banton? nah he is too smooth compared to beanie-man or even some reggae of Gregory isack's? ... or I see, you wonna go folk? In that case go afghani... if that is too sattle for you... heavens try Gabriell Omoolo.. if thats not moving enough then go with

Baba maal... :D ...got carried away.....

But definately, you will end up jazzing around .... so check our Jazz ... or Slim Ali's Extra smooth Tarab...

PhiL   

Lord have mercy @ Jamaal... That's quiet a list you've given me, I'm familiar with some, but albanian gypsy? lol, I'm gonna have to ask my friends for that one. I guess you're a continental typa guy who listens to basically everything and anything his ears r tuned to! good for you pal!

Moderator does everything we can't. :( But they deserve the position given to them, they good nomads. Anywayz I like any tunes that sound good.

P.S. Magnoona-girl give me some names and songs of arabian singers. I wanna hear it.

.:peace n luv:.

raula..sis you mean dombolo? :D ..papa wemba ameji chubua..yani amekuwa mweupe pe pe pe ...lol(too much diana)

jamaal...nakumbuka hiyo wimbo...it went something like this..wape wape..vidonge vyao,waki tema waki meza ni shauri yao...

taarabu songs are the best..

Paragon   

_Lady...LoL hehehe yes ofcourse... it went like that .. it was sung by Casha Malika .. and I like the part where she says .. Wanawake ni wajanja wanao - something...something... she talks about how girls like purse full of hella! smile.gif

If you watched Abdo's video, there is this girl who dance to her beats, some say it is her daughtor laakiin ma hubo. Do you know where i can find that song? If you visit www.mwambao.com you will get some taarab songs and beautiful poetry ... some even translated to English.

Last but not least, ndombolo? hehehehe I like dombolo when danced to by Redykyulas in his personification to President Moi lol...very very entertaining... I still have a video of Redykyulas .. and everytime I put it on... qosol baan la ooyaa!

Don't forget about when Kanda Bongoman visited NBI.. I don't remember the year but I remember how Kenyans became very moved by his .. Indee Monii (money?), tingiza gumba? ... it was all in the clubs and people line dancing ... :D Especially wakambas lol. When music intervals come they will put some American or even the instrumental Kikuyu or kalenjin...lol those people are very commic.

There was this song a friend of mine called 'BoB' (coz he always asked for -- "oi mazee, una 5 Bob?") use to like.. I can only remember some the lyrics ... "YOU MUST CALCULATE *2, CALCULATE *3)...and "sasa hiyo wimbo ndiyo yakukatika kabisa kabisa", Hali ya mtambo ni hivi, na hapa sana" looooooool ......markaan soo xasuusto those guys....man i just laugh unstopable runtii.