Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

Too young for hijab?

Is there such thing as too young to wear the hijab?

I was just going through posts and I saw another member's signature which had a small girl wearing the hijab. that brought me back to the time I visited Somalia and I saw all these little girls (children no older than 9) wearing hijab as part of their school uniform. a 7-year-old wearing the hijab...to me, that's a bit off.

I'm not trying to be the devil's advocate or anything; I'm just sincerely curious what you guys think.

Som@li   

what is Hijab for @ such age? Culture,Religion, Identity, so it is not just abt fulfilling the requirement of Islam, but fullfilling and showing your identity of Islam,plus it is a uniform, same way some schools force uniforms.

Kool_Kat   

A three or four year old has no business wearing xijaab... :mad:

Haba ixasuusin...In my old building, majority were Soomaali with large families (children under 12 or 13)...Oh lord, the girls (specially the younger ones about 3 or 4 year olds) would be wearing the most floral dress I've ever seen anywhere, with long pants (mind you if the dress is short sleeved, they would be wearing longsleeve shirts under the dress) with their hijab...And let's not forget this dress code is for all four seasons...I can still see their faces in the summer, coming back from the playground iyagoo sidii katabaan dhar loogu raray in a 30°C weather... :mad: :mad:

Kids should be kids...

Grasshopper, good to see back...How are yah?

Haye, Kuusha, waxaa maqlay the little princess inaa sifaleeti u xirtid, oo training jilbaab ah ku jirto maxaa ka jirina? :D

About the thread, ilmaha hala iska dhaafo, ha iska leer qaataanee. Dadka ciyaalkooda xirxiro, saas u xirxiro dhaqankaas kale meel ka keensadeen. Dhaqan Soomaaliyeed ma ahayn waxaan, wax dhaqan Carbeed u eg waaye, oo ciyaalkooda xataa wiswis ka qabo iska dado because cawra' la qarinaa. Cunug gabar yar Soomaaliyeed oo sideed jir ah cawra' maashee ku taalo laga qarinaa markii jilbaab loo xiraayo? Kuwaa leh training waaye, well iyaga markee yaraayeen masoo gishan jirin. Mise waagaas "badownimo" lagu jiray as they believe it?

Kool_Kat   

^Maya maya, the princess afrogeeda waaloo leeriyaa...Maskiinta mashiilaayi...Lakiin anaa mardhow practice bilaabidoono, insha'allah... :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^Can't they be kids WITH their hijaabs on aswell? Is it holding them back? From what?

I second that. Girls will be girls, hijaab or not. And if you don't put it on them early, they'll reject it later.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by grasshopper:

Is there such thing as too young to wear the hijab?

I was just going through posts and I saw another member's signature which had a small girl wearing the hijab. that brought me back to the time I visited Somalia and I saw all these little girls (children no older than 9) wearing hijab as part of their school uniform. a 7-year-old wearing the hijab...to me, that's a bit off.

I'm not trying to be the devil's advocate or anything; I'm just sincerely curious what you guys think.

Are u talking about the little girl with the pink Hijab in Adam Zaylac's sig? I think she looks very cute! It depends what kind of Hijab you are talking about and @ what age!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Haye, Kuusha, waxaa maqlay the little princess inaa sifaleeti u xirtid, oo training jilbaab ah ku jirto maxaa ka jirina?
:D

About the thread, ilmaha hala iska dhaafo, ha iska leer qaataanee. Dadka ciyaalkooda xirxiro, saas u xirxiro dhaqankaas kale meel ka keensadeen. Dhaqan Soomaaliyeed ma ahayn waxaan, wax dhaqan Carbeed u eg waaye, oo ciyaalkooda xataa wiswis ka qabo iska dado because
cawra'
la qarinaa. Cunug gabar yar Soomaaliyeed oo sideed jir ah cawra' maashee ku taalo laga qarinaa markii jilbaab loo xiraayo? Kuwaa leh training waaye, well iyaga markee yaraayeen masoo gishan jirin. Mise waagaas "badownimo" lagu jiray as they believe it?

hadi surwal loo xidho mad daqan Soomaaliyeed ba>?

Malika   

Hijab should be worn after puberty,during this time young girls start developing and I believe by then they are old enough to understand the reasons behind wearing a hijab.But a 5yrs old in hijab is just a tad bit too much!There more important aspects of our religion to teach them at that stage,like good mannners,reading quraan,praying etc.

Johnny B   

^If you as an adult choose to believe in the paranormal and more importantly choose to show your belief by ironically hiding yourself, its an understandable thing, as it is hard to cincerly reconcile such ambiguity with the uncompromissing realities of life, but to cover a child or make a mini-tent of little girls who have yet to know why and how they must hide themselves and most importantly from who, is an innocent parental abuse and protectionistic at best or and a parental show-off at worst, if not an outright enforced-mal-parenting.

But then if you know your 9 years old daughter can and will be regarded as a fullfledged hottie by the honourable pious people ,you got a defination problem.

Buuxo   

I personally wouldnt bother puting proper hijab on my unborn 4-7 year olds . but then again, i wouldnt be buying hot-pants for them either.I think it's the choice of the parents ,whether they decide to put hijabs on their young daughters. often at this age , the kids want to imitate their mother or older siblings and don on the hijab.

KK, that case was a bit extreme , kids should be kids.And their clothing should allow them to play without any hassles or w/o having a heatstroke.

NinBrown   

dadkiinaan fahamka ayaa niigu yar. ciyaaalkan tababar bey ku jiraan si ay ula qabsadaan xijaabka iyo si ay u fahmaan muhiimkiisa.

Its all about bringing up ur child in the right manner. Are you telling me you dont teach your children how to pray or how to have good manners...dadkaan isla fiicanaa

MMA dhaqan carab maxaa xijaabka kadhigay.

JB qurunkaaga meesha kala tag....waxaa tahay ma fahmin