Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

The 67th Anniversary of SYL!

Hales   

I know its too difficult to imagine a Dumar version of Siad barre.

But SOmalia is in a desperate state and we need to have strong folks to lead it. Woman honestly cant pull Somalia out of the hellish situation it currently is in (3Million displaced, 2 Million in camps outside the country or as War refugees)

And lastly the issue of seccession in the Northwest and dealing with Ethiopia and the OGD.

Stoic@ your kind of thinking is why Somalis in Somalia cant agree with eachother.

STOIC   

Che, I wasn’t stereotyping. I’m speaking of experience having seen few family and friends where the girls have fired well than boys in their family.Of course there are boys who are doing well I personally even know of boys in the school you mentioned ( I know a boy at Tuft, and another one starting Harvard business school this coming fall)…I was just speaking from family and friends experience…I also know of few boys in my own family who ended up in bad places due to their poor choices.

Halle, I had no idea it was the like of me that put Somalia where it is today..Could you please explain it for me how what I wrote is in line with the likes of current Somali leaders?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Hales:

Woman honestly cant pull Somalia out of the hellish situation it currently is in

I bet a man can right? Sure...

Che, ma'isku dheeleynaa hee hadana? Somali girls/women are far more hard working (in academics, work, family) than men, specially the young generation...

nuune   

Koolo, lets look this from another angle, what happens when many girls turn to khat sessions instead of going to schools or work, it is a new phenomena, they are just following men, the footsteps of marqaanhood, kuwaan maalin dhaweed maqlayay ayagoo lahaa oo kaalaya marqaankii adduunkaad illeen naga qarsan jirteen(imagine a girl talking to you oo taqsiinta kuusantahay oo labada daanba ay u buuxaan, sexy but not a good sight).

I had rather have a man who is chewing to be my president than a woman chewing khat to be my president, you know what I mean Koolo, it is basic chemistry!

JB hala daayo, he is as Wadani as many of us, he is only not happy the situation back home, just like many of us, though he is based in there, he has backend information of everything that is happening here, saying that I didn't liked his comparison, it was a cheap shot, but it is the reality!

Kool_Kat   

:mad: @inaad a woman with taqsiin segsi umoodo!

Obviously Nuune there are women who chew, drink, smoke, do as many bad habits as me...LAAKIIN, nimankaa nooga badan...Teeda kale, from experience, I've seen so many men who have wasted their time, not necessarily on balwad, but just at nothing...Run ahaantii, it is sad to see a thirty something year old man with nothing to look forward to in life maalin kasto markuu soo koco...Something as simple as looking after our parents waa idiinkaga fiicanahay...Meelkasto gabar uunbaa taagan lacag cid udireyso...Schooladii iyagaa ka buuxa vs. number of wiilal...

Hales   

Halle, I had no idea it was the like of me that put Somalia where it is today..Could you please explain it for me how what I wrote is in line with the likes of current Somali leaders?

There are some words you wrote which i believe is blatant generalization

Even Here in America Women are the HOPE..

Saaxib your scenario might be true but this is generally untrue for the two population and is a generalization.

your simply using this to create division in the Somali gender; as putting one gender like putting clan/religion in front of the other .

Maaddeey   

KK, with respect Adi & JB-ba out of no where baad Al Shabaab faraqa kala soo baxdaan!, wax kastoo laga hadlo waad soo dhex-gelisaan!.

Shabaab, sida ay Somalia tahay marka la fiiriyo & iney scratch ka soo bilaabeen waa in loo mahad celiyaa! (hal il lee wax ha ku fiirinin) :D

Kool_Kat   

^When it comes to xayawaaniintaas, hal ilaa sheegeeyee, labadaba waa xiranaa aasaa wilibo dhagaha suuf gashanaa!

Tuujiye   

loool@ NNC... Dadkii hore labiskooda qof gaari karo ma jiro lool..Xitaa Aniga...

JaceelBaro yaa lagu qaldamin!!! I don't know many in SOL who are Wadani like he is runtii....

What he said (showed) is true and I agree with him. Laakiin SYL waxee ahaayeen dhalinyaro highly educated ah oona waayo arag ahaa.. So iinsha allah waxaa wax laga sugayaa dhalinyarada maanta dibada joogta oo aqoon garad ah iinsha allah....

I met Daahir Dhagaweyne (ilaaho u naxariiso) who was the second last living member at that time..I did spent some time with him and enjoyed all the stories he used to share with us... He had lots of hope for somalia before his death laakiin Al-Shabaab waqtigaas ma joogin lol...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Somalina   

Ibti there is SYL 2 now.

Somali youth= Alshabaab? waad isla fiican tihiin weliba? get a life...specially, Nuune.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I, personally, have no hope for Somalia...I've accepted reality long ago,

Anaaba ku dhaama oo weliba hope yara muujiyay xaajiyo ,,,, :D

Somalina   

You came to me and not the other way around.

Supernanny style uun baad garaneysaa. On that note, your time out has started so go to your room.

Qashin is what qashin does.