Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

The two bombing suspects : R They SOMALI?

Cabsi soo wajahday Soomaalida ku dhaqan Yurub!

NORWAY, Oslo - Cabsi weyn ayaa soo wajahday Soomaalida ku dhaqan Yurub kaadib markii shaaca laga qaaday in ciidamada amniga ingiriiska ay ku raad joogaan niman u dhashay Geeska afrika kuwaasoo lagu tuhunsan yahay in ay ku lug lahaayeen qaraxyadii London.

Dhinaca kale sida laga soo xigtay wargeyska (The observer) waxa ay ciidanka sirdoonka u xaqiijiyeen in jimcihii July 22-keedii ay bartilmaameed ka dhigteen guri uu degan yahay nin Somaali ah oo ku nool xaafad ay ku badan yihiin Soomaalida. Hadaba markii laga war helay in dhalinyaro Soomaali ah lagu raadjoogo waxa ay cabsi iyo welwel ku abuurtay shacabka Soomaaliyeed ee ku nool Yurub iyagoo ka cabsi qabo in ay dhib kala kulmaan bulshada ay la degan yihiin.

Tusaale ahaan, wadanka Norway waxaa weerar lagu qaaday tareen ay saarnaayeen 6 Soomaali ah oo lagu tuhmay in ay wataan waxyaalaha qarxa kadib markii qof ka shakiyay uu si hoose teleefoon ugu diray Ciidamada Booliiska, nasiib wanaag markii la baaray waxba lagama helin ayada oo markii dambe raali gelin laga siiyay qaladkaas dhacay. Hadaba hadii aad ku nooshahay Yurub waxaa kula gudboon in aad mar walba foojignaato.

W/D: Xuseen Yaasiin Gode-Gode

Norway - Oslo

Political Sceintist

SOO MAAL   

I don’t think a Somali person would try to bomb anywhere, but even if the two suspects are Somali men, I believe they are innocent as the Brazilian man who was shot by the London police (because he was living in suspicious house, was wearing heavy clothes, was running from the police…. Never ending lies…police are good at making stories).

Well the two alleged Somali men could be among innocent people who take the London public transit everyday, I guess millions of Christians, Muslims, Brazilians, British Germans, Somalis, Pakistanis and Arabs are among passengers, so it’s very for the camera to catch the picture of Arab, Pakistani, or Somali man.

London bombing suspects from Somalia, Eritrea

Last Updated Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:24:26 EDT

CBC News

British police say two suspects in the failed July 21 transit bombings were children when they emigrated from the African countries of Somalia and Eritrea.

Yasin Hussan Omar, 24, arrived in Britain from Somalia in 1992, the Home Office said. He is suspected of trying to blow up a subway train near Warren Street station.

Muktar Said Ibrahim, also known as Muktar Mohammed Said. (AP photo)

Muktar Said Ibrahim, also known as Muktar Mohammed Said, 27, is a naturalized British citizen who arrived from Eritrea in 1992. He is suspected of trying to bomb a bus.

Both men arrived in Britain as dependants of refugees and have been legal residents in the U.K. for more than 10 years .

FROM JULY 25, 2005: Police name 2 suspects in attempted U.K. bombings

Five people have been arrested in connection with the botched July 21 explosions, but none are believed to be the four suspected bombers whose photos were made public. The five are being held under anti-terror laws.

There are also concerns that a fifth bomber is on the loose after a bomb, similar to the ones used in the July 21 attacks, was found in west London on Saturday.

Police search car

Meanwhile on Tuesday, police were searching a car seized in north London for forensic evidence.

According to the BBC, security sources say it is thought one of the bombers could have been in the white VW Golf at some point.

Police explosives experts were also examining suspicious material found Tuesday in a north London apartment recently visited by Said. British news reports say the material is possibly explosive.

The 12-storey building, which was swarmed by police on Monday, is close to where the car was seized.

Lidia   

Originally posted by OG_MOTI:

Lidia sorry sis u are being politically incorrect, what do u mean an Ethiopian or an Eritrean, who is ethnically Somali, are you suggesting people in O g a d e n land? seriously what do you mean ethnically somali.. I demand explaination.. people from there are Somalis and fighting for freedom since day one.. so please explain urself and apologize...

Peace

OG_MOTI, I don’t see how my statement is politically incorrect. No where in my statement did I profess to exclude or marginalize or even insult any group let alone the people in which you refer to. I simply meant that there are Ethiopian and Eritrean citizens who are of Somali descent. I did not speak of the people of ******ya, nor did I consciously include them in this category. I’m fully aware of their existence, but nevertheless view them as a whole separate entity in this particular case. Thus, I do not see the need for an apology here. If you need to discuss this matter further, please do contact me via PM and I will be more than happy to talk about it with you.

Certainly, I did not intend to offend anyone here.

Yours truly,

Lidia.

Lidia   

Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

Ladia, your statement of “Hey isn't that, ina so and so." applies equally to all Somali people, regardless of whichever part of Somalia (meaning all Somali territories whether it’s the Somali Republic, Djibouti, Western Somalia, or NFD) he/she is from whether he is from, so don’t be racist or clannish, because being racist or clannish will make you to differentiate between Somali people negatively for no obvious reason.

Lidia, you offended our fellow Somali people – who are occupies by African colonialist Ethiopia, by saying “even if he is, I think he is an Ethiopian or an Eritrean, who is ethnically Somaliâ€. Since you don’t evidence you need to apologies to these Somali brothers and sisters.

SOO MAAL,

First of all, I’m neither clannish nor racist. Perhaps I made an irresponsible comment, but to say that I’m “being†or that I am racist and or clannish is very discourteous, for I harbor neither of those qualities. My comment was made in response to Jumatatu’s statement previously, in which I was in full agreement. I was simply addressing the physical appearance question, in which to many of us established this individuals Somaliness.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

@NGONGE:

والله أنا وحده من الناس ممن يسيرون على نهج أنصرأخاك ظالما أومظلوما.Ùاقول مداÙعا عن الأخ الصومالى ماأدراك لربماأن الأخ برئ حتى لو حكم وثبت عليه الجرم المشهود وياما المحاكم حكمت على أبرياء

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Salam

لا تÙهميني غلط. الصومالي المتهم ÙÙŠ هذا الموضوع ممكن يكون برئ Ùˆ ممكن لا.

انا مشكلتي مش معاه انا مشكلتي معا الجماعة اللي يقولون انه مش ممكن صومالي يقتر٠مثل هالجريمه بس ممكن الجنسيات الثانيه تعملها....بصراحه هذا كلام Ùارغ وعنصري..

انصر اخاك ظالما او مظلوما ÙÙŠ هذه الحاله..راح تصير اني اوريهم غلطهم لما يقولوا ان العرب..الهنود..الاÙريقين والبيض ممكن ÙŠÙجروا حالهم بس الصومال مش ممكن ابدا انهم يعملوا Ù†Ùس الشي مش من نزاهتهم وايمانهم..لا..لانهم صومال بس!!

Fidel

I thought the “humour†was spot on, saaxib. Did the emotion therein not tug at your heartstrings and make your eyes water?

Reading some of the replies (the obtuse ones in particular) I almost stood up and sang the Somali national anthem at the top of my lungs. Alas, I don’t really know the words to that.

You don’t know how much it worms my heart to find out that Somalis are a separate breed from everyone else and do not have the ability, waywardness or susceptibility to fall into bad ways (such as, err, erm, suicide bombings). Ooops, made a mistake there. It’s Somalis born and raised in Somalia or Africa that don’t. We don’t know about the rest, but seeing that they’re Somali too, it’s unlikely that they’ll suffer from the mortal weaknesses that the rest of the world suffers from.

Somaaliyeeey tuuusoo... What? What? :D

SOO MAAL   

Lidia,

Sorry, if you took it personally, I am not saying you are racist or clannish, but your irresponsible comment, that the two alleged Somali men are from that specific region of Somalis without evidence is unacceptable.

There no Ethiopians who are ethnically Somali, but there is Somali regions and Somali people who are occupied by Ethiopia, there many nomads here in this forum, who are from Western Somalia (a Somali region occupied by Ethiopia), and we should express sympathy for them.

O.K. now I understand it was just irresponsible comment as you said, and that you didn’t mean to offend any specific Somali group or region, so just be careful the way you putting your words, because it might offend some specific people unintentionally.

Lidia   

Lidia,

Sorry, if you took it personally, I am not saying you are racist or clannish, but your irresponsible comment, that the two alleged Somali men are from that specific region of Somalis without evidence is unacceptable.

There no Ethiopians who are ethnically Somali, but there is Somali regions and Somali people who are occupied by Ethiopia, there many nomads here in this forum, who are from Western Somalia (a Somali region occupied by Ethiopia), and we should express sympathy for them.

O.K. now I understand it was just irresponsible comment as you said, and that you didn’t mean to offend any specific Somali group or region, so just be careful the way you putting your words, because it might offend some specific people unintentionally.

First of all, do not distort my response, I was being honest and sincere with you when I used the word “irresponsibleâ€, so please cut the ridicule, by repeatedly taking the word “irresponsible†out of its context. I clearly stated that I was not referring to Somalis that inhabit the boundaries or in this case the regions in which you are speaking of. I made no such comment, nor does any of my above posts say, “that the two alleged Somali men are from that specific region of Somalis†as you claim. However, what is unacceptable is your accusations and rhetoric, which leads to the defamation of my character.

SOO MAAL   

I think he is an Ethiopian or an Eritrean, who is ethnically Somali

Lidia,

I did not mean to accuse or hurt anyone's feelings, I was just expressing my opinion on a comment that you posted, and you should not take the matter personally. Now that is enough.

Lidia   

quote: I think he is an Ethiopian or an Eritrean, who is ethnically Somali

Lidia,

I did not mean to accuse or hurt anyone's feelings, I was just expressing my opinion on a comment that you posted, and you should not take the matter personally. Now that is enough.
i've decited to retract my comment.

Castro   

Soomal and Lidia, listen up:

I thought she said a good thing,

But he didn't like it at all,

And so I came to see them and listen for a while.

And there he was this big boy

Spanking her before my eyes,

Strumming my pain with their fingers,

Pissing me off with their words,

Killing me softly with his post,

Killing me softly with her post.

Now cut it out you two.

Original lyrics courtesy of The Fugees. :D

OG_Girl   

NGONGE, عداك العيب

For those who think Somalis can't do it for whatever reason I would say that isn't true. I don't think there is some people who born genetacly suicide bombers ....it's learnable Behaviours.

SOO MAAL wallalo, I don't think the girl meant what you implying... I think you offended me personally more than she did... :D joking

Salam

unconfirmed reports are saying the so-called Somali London bomber-to-be has been captured in B'gham this morning, I hope and pray 2 Allah that he doesn't turn out 2 be Somali.

If he turns out to be Somali would you feel sorry for him at all? personally if he was planning to blow up that train then I would say to hell with him. but for some reason I believe he was framed some how.